How should I do this

I'm currently in high school and I want to work at cern as the people who do the physics. I know some quantum physics and a little bit of particle physics. What colleges should I go to work at cern or work at a place where you need to know quantum physics. And what causes should I take in order. If you want through this can you tell me how hard or ez it was. Sorry for many questions.

*classes

>He thinks he can get work as a physicist, much less at CERN
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

shut up nigger

What's your country OP.

>I know some quantum physics and a little bit of particle physics
No you don't.

What program you taking? (IB, A levels, etc)

Take the hardest classes you can in the maths /sci fields. If your school offers it take some courses on relativity and anything else.

I live in the US but I'm mexican, this is why I'm asking to know what is should do,

OK thank you.

It's not hard to work at cern. I had the opportunity but passed.

Cern has paid internships you can apply directly.
In my case, 2 profs had booked time at cern and brought some students with.
You have to have good grades to be considered.
I passed because I was going to work with someone on LIGO but it fell through.

What did you do afterwards?

nothing.
I got a job working part time teaching, and I realized I enjoyed that more than playing politics in the department.
I didn't like college at all actually, and took a break.
I moved back closer to my family to spend time with them and enrolled in a smaller uni where I have a few classes left before I graduate.

Yes hello, I am the president of CERN. I will hire you, but you must intentionally fail all of your classes to prove your fealty.

I don't hire people who can work elsewhere.

Ok

get a phd from the field you want to work in from EPFL or the ETHZ
that's the two best swiss schools.
make contacts there, get stages during your uni time and then you should be set :^)

I hope you speak french english and german as well.

nevermind I just saw that, don't come to switzerland unless you're already a good scientist.

Go to the US I hear it's easy as fuck to get into universities as a minority

Why don't you run for president?

>I'm currently in high school
>in the US
>I know some quantum physics and a little bit of particle physics

>I live in the US but I'm mexican
why do you think you can do anything harder than rotating crops

>And what classes should I take in order

Freshman Physics I-Mechanics, II-E&M, III-Modern
Junior Classical Mechanics, Junior Electromagnetism, Junior Thermodynamics, Junior Quantum Mechanics
Graduate Analytical Mechanic, Graduate Electrodynamics, Graduate Statistic Mechanics, Graduate Quantum Mechanics

Basically the same classes over and over with more mathematics each time.

get a bachelors degree in engineering (electrical, chemical, or nuclear).

join the US Navy/Airforce as a fighter pilot.

get out and finish a PhD in particle physics.

apply to CERN and hope you get in.

if not, you can always settle for being an astronaut.

Two words:

String Theory

Learn it like the back of your hand and it will open the gate to CERN.

listen to this user

Get a physics undergraduate degree (where isn't terribly important; just do all the research you can)
Get a physics PhD from a a top 10 university focusing on instrumentation of particle detectors.
Try to get a postdoc at CERN.
Enjoy climbing around on the monolithic detectors working on the bits.

If you want to do particle physics, then focus on experimental HEP rather than instrumentation, but you don't have to work at CERN to do "experimental HEP" since that is mostly crunching the numbers that come out of the monolithic detectors.

If you just want to do QM stuff, screw HEP and do condensed matter since it is a much bigger field.

>engineering
>expecting to know enough physics to get into grad school

>doesn't understand that undergrad physics is just a holding pattern until you get to grad school