So I have embarked on my year of writing in my grandparents' cabin

So I have embarked on my year of writing in my grandparents' cabin.

I must admit, waking up this morning without the usual routine to follow (if only reluctantly) did leave me feeling guilty and apprehensive, though after a long walk I have calmed my nerves and am now ready to begin focusing on my novel.

On Saturday evening a neighbor who lives half a mile away visited me with a basket of food after hearing word that I would be staying here. She was a nice old lady, retired, who talked with me a while about my grandparents and about old age. She encouraged my efforts and told me that she often wishes she had done something similar or at least taken more risks in her life. We drank coffee and discussed the history of Haugesund and so on. She mentioned her granddaughter, who is twenty years old, will be visiting her soon for ten days and has promised to introduce me. Perhaps she will mistake my introversion and solitary nature for depth and mysteriousness (she may suspect I am a genius, though whether she would be mistaken is not entirely clear). It doesn't really matter, though I believe some romantic and / or erotic would be beneficial to my mental health and so on.

Anyway, so here I am now writing this while a margherita pizza cooks in the oven. I will take it out when it is sufficiently cooked and sit eating it with some microwaveable fries while drinking a glass of cold chocolate milk. I will then dedicate the afternoon to finish reading Ben Lerner's novel 'Leaving the Atocha Station' before looking through some drafts of what I have written to see what merit, if any, this writing has. It remains bright until rather late at night so I may go swimming this evening, or perhaps for another long walk.

How is your own writing coming along Veeky Forums?

Dd you have a pleasant weekend?

You from Spain?

I am from Norway. I am presently residing in a small cabin of sorts outside the town of Haugesund.

living the dream man, whats your novel about?

Fuck the grandaughter and post pics of her nakedness only covered by an open book
She needs to be blonde otherwise you are not in Norway

impregnate the young female

Thank you. My novel is about Virtual Reality and the point when permanent and voluntary exile from this reality to a virtual one becomes a realistic ambition. It focuses on one man who is lonely and unhappy and desires nothing more than to flee a world in which he feels he has no place and which no longer appeals to him as an arena in which to exert his will and influence. He joins a secular monastic order who have taken up residence in a secluded monastery abandoned after the final few religious monks passed away. There this group of men, most of them young, earn their subsistence money by producing virtual reality experiences for the black market (government regulation forces developers to limit the realism of their virtual worlds to prevent them being too immersive, especially after a number of people using the latest hardware / software were so immersed as to mistake the virtual world for the "real"). Meanwhile they attempt to work out how exactly they can go about abandoning this world and living instead in their own private, solipsistic virtual realities that they are each creating independently. Japanese Hikikimori make an appearance. Various Real World industries form a coalition objecting to the further development of virtual reality as it is hurting profits (the travel industry, the sex toy industry etc). Our hero attempts to work out whether he really does want to leave this world for another. What is there in this world that would convince him to stay? Is the love of a girl he met along ago at a hospital of sorts for children with curious and uncommon maladies sufficient enough a reason for him to stay in what is essentially a shared server in which we have all spawned? That kind of thing.

Please don't be crude in these threads. I intend for them to be a place where virtue and good manners are afforded the respect they deserve.

bumping an epic thread

this is not as bad as i would have expected from your threads
good luck
i'll be watching for the english translation in 5 years

lmao faggot

Please keep us posted, this is great. I remember you making a thread a while back. I'm thinking of doing a similar thing in the Australian desert where I hope to write a western Gothic Style novel. Best of luck.

>It doesn't really matter, though I believe some romantic and / or erotic would be beneficial to my mental health and so on.

CREEEEEEP

S P O O K Y
P
O
O
K
Y

Well, I wouldn't let my granddaughter near you!

>Anyway, so here I am now writing this while a margherita pizza cooks in the oven. I will take it out when it is sufficiently cooked and sit eating it with some microwaveable fries while drinking a glass of cold chocolate milk

y'know, Knausgaard makes banality work because he's smart.

And good luck to you.

After you finish your novel you need to hang yourself. Make sure to get several copies into appropriately labeled envelopes for distribution to publishers.

Immortality will be yours.

how is the water temperature

English is his second language, so he's probably just trying to be clear.

The water is very cold. I dislike using phrases such as "very cold" or "a nice day" though in this case lacking a thermometer and having no ability to accurately estimate the water's temperature that description must suffice. I mentioned in my opening that my neighbor lived half a mile away. At first I wrote "20 minutes away" but this seemed irresponsibly vague, and then I thought of putting "20 minutes on foot" but again whose feet am I talking about? There is no standard pace for such things. I try my best to avoid vague and overly subjective descriptions as often as I can. I have only been swimming once however but I enjoyed it. When I was young I went to the local swimming centre with my mother and she was able to float on her back without effort while I have always been incapable of doing the same. I tried it again here but again no luck. I tried inhaling as much as I could and then keeping the air inside my lungs but still my legs sank and I couldn't remain an at-east prostrated posture on the surface of the water as I wished to do.

I like the dryness of your expression, OP.

It feels affected and self-conscious to me, but to each their own.

Superb autism mate. Bang that granddaughter and fuck off

> "20 minutes on foot" but again whose feet am I talking about?"

Wow what an insightful quip, a true intellectual

Retreats to cabin to focus on novel. Day one a neighbour mentions her grand daughter. Can't concentrate properly for the rest of the year.

very little of what you described is writing. take heed to not waste your time on idleness

>blogposting instead of writing
Lol okay buddy hope your novel goes well. You that Norwegian guy?

If it's any inspiration to you user, I found your post a compelling read.

I am Norwegian.

OP, how can you accomplish this financially with no income?

The key to floating in water is relaxing and letting your limbs sink. A lot of people's instincts lead them to try and raise their limbs above or level with the rest of their body and that sinks their head.

My grandparents' left their cabin to my family in their will. Since nobody wanted to do anything with it I asked if I could live there for a while. My parents asked how long a while would be and I said a year and they agreed since they know I am trying to write a novel.

damn, must be nice having parents that will support your for an entire year while you chase your dream. I'm not being sarcastic that sounds amazing. Meanwhile I huck around bags of dog food at a pet store for 8 hours a day and minimum wage, and am too tired to read when I get home

My parents aren't supporting me. I have worked a full-time job since graduating university and will use the money I have saved to pay for utilities and groceries and so on.

How old are you?

Thank you, I will try again soon.

Oh I misunderstood, I thought them agreeing meant they would support you.

I'm 21

I hope that Lady's granddaughter is hot. A budding romance at your isolated cabin would be quite a nice experience... When she leaves to go home you can write about your jealous anxiety.

>I intend for them to be a place where virtue and good manners are afforded the respect they deserve.

You better fix that attitude fuccboi.

The human form, rude and vulgar, is the pinnacle of virtue. Our raw nature and exposed instinct, for depravity as for humility, is the most noble and most complete existence any man can aspire to. Moving beyond the constraints of society's constriction and embracing every facet of your being is the only way to experience true virtue and live a truly virtuous life. It is also the only way you can truly ever hope to rise above the idealised plebshit literature you're no doubt dreaming of jotting down. And as for manners, what manners can be noble that force men to conceal their thoughts and feelings? To hide what they are and what they think purely in order to conform to a non-consensus-driven ideal of 'purity'? To expose yourself to the most base and 'mannerless' instincts, thoughts and desires of yourself and humanity at large is the only way to commune with the understanding that a writer, or human in general, needs to not be a fucking faggot.

Also post pics of the granddaughter.

My nigga.

Hello. Yes it would potentially be a nice experience. I have many strategies planned that would make a girl stay with me were we to become intimate and I really would like to have a girlfriend at some point in my life.

I will not post of her granddaughter should we meet and I disagree with your rather facetious-seeming thesis. In my ideal world the temperature would be consistently cool, there would be no loud noises that a person would be forced to experienced involuntarily, there would be no bright lights, an easily regulated emotional state, and preferably everybody would walk around in parallel lines and turn only at right angles.

I enjoyed my pizza immensely. I hope you do the same.

I will.I recieved some American ipa beers my friend mailed to me and am going to read some Moby dick after eating.

Where do you live?

How did you make a friend who lives in America?

>Anyway, so here I am now writing this while a margherita pizza cooks in the oven. I will take it out when it is sufficiently cooked and sit eating it

This is gold friend, I kek'd out loud.

You should make the novel a humorous one. I think you could do it well.

Kaldt vann?

>Anyway, so here I am now writing this while a margherita pizza cooks in the oven. I will take it out when it is sufficiently cooked and sit eating it with some microwaveable fries while drinking a glass of cold chocolate milk.
never gonna make it

if you're french I'll be your American friend

you sound like a faggots

nice blog dumbass

I could go for some romantic right now

jaevle homse

>I know! I'll spend a year in isolation writing!
>Better take my 3G with me!

How comes this is the only fucking pasta that goes unnoticed?

Post the first page

You're never gonna get a girlfriend if you're the kind of guy who wants everyone to walk in straight lines.

Also how's the hard day of writing going OP? Got anything you're willing to share?

To be honest OP, you sound like Karl Ove, in that you both are insufferable attention whores with delusions of masculinity and natural transcendentalism. Having a nice day posting on Veeky Forums at your secluded wannabe Walden paradise

this

>The water is very cold. I dislike using phrases such as "very cold" or "a nice day" though in this case lacking a thermometer and having no ability to accurately estimate the water's temperature that description must suffice.

Oh boy.

OP, I don't know how you manage to do this so consistently and reliably.

People react every single time, even though they already know who you are.

he must be deliberately parodying My Struggle

not everybody visits Veeky Forums every day

OP here. Sorry guys, I've been away reading. Just finished Ben Lerner's novel "Leaving the Atocha Station". A curious novel, a worthwhile experience.

In order to "warm up" instead of rushing head-first into a novel and ending up several thousand words in and then find myself having to retrace my steps once more and begin again I have decided to begin some "writing exercises". Yesterday I started simply by describing my journey here and my new surroundings. I ended up writing eight thousand words, which is a good sign I believe. Today I have written about a particularly emotional period in my life, when I developed a "crush" on a girl at the university but failed to communicate my desire towards her despite her making increasingly conspicuous efforts to communicate her own attraction towards me. This effort has yielded many thousands of words, which again I can only imagine is a good thing, though of course quality reigns supreme while quantity suggests nothing beyond itself.

You're going to have to edit your novel anyway, I would recommend just diving in.

I'm Norwegian.

I have a very rough draft of the first few chapters but they need to be thoroughly edited before I allow anybody to see them. Sorry.

I appreciate the work of Karl Ove, in fact his success is rather intimidating. And although I am replete with delusions a delusional of masculinity is not one of them. Walden often travelled into town and had others wash his clothing, and although I intend to do the later myself I too will be visiting Haugesund when the occasion demands it, if only to rekindle my artistic self-perception by walking around in what I perceive to be a Dostoevsky-like fashion at night dressed in a long well-worn black coat. Thank you for reading.

>Walden often travelled into town
lmao

I have "dived in" (a phrase I dislike immensely since it was used almost daily, in a sense that encouraged an individual to approach a task full of enthusiasm and energy regardless of its mundanity, in the office job I recently resigned from) in the past but I have found myself writing too much about what is so obviously too little. The previous novel I wrote began with around sixteen thousands words of the protagonist brushing his teeth, talking to his mother about the fact he is unemployed, and catching a bus to the local library to print off some CVs. Unless I have some form of structure and an end towards which to direct myself my natural inclination is to write about every detail I can, regardless of how "relevant" others are likely to perceive such details.

>ywn be born into a wealthy family with the ability to stay rent free in paradise for a year to make art

I was not born into a wealthy family, and my decision not to pursue a more formal "route" in what I hope will be something of a career in writing is partly due to my lacking the necessary financial resources and security to do so. My parents are not rich and this opportunity only came about because my remaining grandparent passed away, leaving us the cabin of sorts they owned. Since the end of college I have worked for almost three years in a full-time job, a job which has threatened to erode my genius and undermine my talent and good humour.

Is that you, Elliot?

>Walden often traveled into town and had others wash his clothing

Ok, OP confirmed for master troll

You seem like a cunt, m8.

I'm glad you're not a bratty richbaby and instead just a bratty pseudointellectual, though.

OP have you read The Legend of the 10 Elemental Masters?

Okay now I'm having difficulty believing you

> Walden often travelled

It's not his first language don't be a dick when he doesn't deserve it user.

I am presently dressed in a pair of tight black boxer shorts worn and black elasticated socks pulled up my calves and a bathrobe which is thick and which warms me in a way that occasionally becomes too warm and thus unpleasant. My hair is combed back across my scalp and my face is recently shaven. I am drinking a cup of hot chocolate and I also have a glass of water with ice cubes in it so that the hot chocolate will not stain my teeth or overwhelm my delicate palate. Outside the sky is still rather light though has become striated with clouds which are beginning to coalesce so that in places it resembled a flat river valley when viewed from high above. There is a gentle breeze and the wooden chimes which produce no noticeable sound are swinging back and forth outside. No cars are audible thankfully, as the sound of passing engines is one of the reasons I despise living in an urban environment as much as I do, my extreme sensitive contributing to my genius but also to the torture I suffer each day when the harsh and brutish external environment does not reflect the purity and orderliness of my interior one. I will soon rise from my chair, walk over to the fridge, open the fridge door (feeling the suck of a still-unfamiliar gasket) and take out a cooled peach. I will bite into the peach and experience a pleasurable sensation, which, despite being less pleasurable than biting into a piece of candy, is more pleasurable overall due to the fact that I am aware that the peach is more healthy than the candy, and that I am therefore caring for my health and my life in a foresighted and therefore mature way.

>mfw

>I'm a sensitive writer man, yeah
>loud noises and bright lights bother me
>I enjoy eating refined sugar though

Ye, he should drop the thousands of words on brushing his teeth from the posts next time.

You're pretty funny/ good at that, you just need to tone down some of the uber autistic moments to be more believable.

Nice blog entry

Is this what your novel is going to read like?

I am not Elliot Oliver Robertson Rodger though I have read his autobiography / manifesto and appreciate in a way that is neither ironic, patronizing nor complimentary.

No but I am aware who Ulillillia is and while watching his de-greasing video I was eating a take-out pizza and felt momentarily nauseated by the amount of grease I suddenly became aware that I was eating. I believe I watched a video of his about Spyro The Dragon (a Playstation 1 game) which is a game I played with great affection and delight throughout my early childhood, though the narrative and supporting characters are no longer something I remember with any lucidity, though I do remember the "hidden" areas in the game where some form of reward could be collected, and I also enjoyed the flying motion Spyro made while attempting to leap onto a tall object or jump down to the ground from up on high, a motion which was unique to Spyro (in my experience of video games) and made the world he inhabited seem like a place where he would suffer no serious injury and which was to him a sort of playground, as the world of cartoons, specifically The Simpsons, seems to be, wherein every injury could be repaired, every argument ended with a resolution welcomed on both sides, and where the virtues of justice, kindness and good-will were eventually rewarded, even to characters as difficult as Bart and as dim-witted as Homer.

I don't think that's the Norwegian guy, I think people are emulating him to make fun

Don't mind me, I'm retarded.

For the sake of the potential reader (and my own chances of getting published) I will have to redact much of what I write and provide only those details I believe will sustain their attention and interest. It would be unwise, in my opinion, to completely abandon the style of writing which is "natural" to me, and write, for example, in a way that seeks to emulate writers such as Kent Haruf, Raymond Carver or Tobias Wolff. Although I respect and admire these writers for their dedication to a certain Form, and though establishing an "aesthetic" (to meaner briefly into contemporary parlance) is important I feel that to trust my instincts and to write in an honest and unaffected way is more likely to result in my writing something I am proud of, even if it does mean that my potential "readership" or audience is not as large as it would otherwise be.

The difference here is that refined sugar is something I am consuming or experiencing voluntarily, while traffic noise and bright lights are things which are inflicted upon me, and furthermore things I am expected to endure for no reason other than contemporary society deems them necessary for it to continue functioning. While I don't necessarily enjoy living in a rural environment (I enjoy very little in life, and what I do enjoy is only enjoyed fleetingly and is almost always followed by a sense of nausea and vague disgust) it at least affords me a pleasant environment in which to write and think in a concentrated manner. Whether such serene surroundings will negatively effect my work due to their tendency to lull the writer in a sense of comfort which degrades rather easily into sated apathy I do not know, though I imagine the discomfort and unease which seems to be an essential aspect of my character will not allow me to fall into such a trap.

>I enjoy very little in life, and what I do enjoy is only enjoyed fleetingly and is almost always followed by a sense of nausea and vague disgust
So what do you enjoy, out of curiosity? And again, you're never gonna get a girlfriend with an attitude like that

I realize my ambition to eventually experience romantic affection is one that is threatened by my disposition and instinctive mode of thinking and perceiving the world though I really do believe that, once acquainted with a girl who is attracted to me in a superficial sense, I will be able to attract her in a way that will result in our becoming intimate and mutually caring, both in a sexual sense and in the romantic sense I have long desired. The idea of "enjoying" life is not one that I understand very well, and while this may seem like a conscious effort to portray myself as a "deep" individual prone to existential turmoil my incomprehension is actually simply an error on my part to comprehend that life is something to be enjoyed rather than endured. However, I enjoy sitting on my laptop at night with no work the following day, a small candle lit adjacent on my desk and some music playing which makes me feel emotional (often to the point of crying, or at least producing tears), I also enjoy reading books whose authors communicate to me a sense of kinship and shared values and / or experience (internal or external) and who I can relate to in a way that seems private and secret and which does not take said writer's fame or success into consideration. I enjoy seeing a pretty girl looking at me in a way that suggests they are attracted to me, though this has not happened in some time. I enjoy watching home videos and looking at photographs of myself as a child. I enjoy eating chocolate and drinking carbonated drinks. I enjoy lying in bed and pulling the duvet over my body knowing I have at least half an hour to relax and enjoy the warmth and comfort it affords me. I enjoy posting on Veeky Forums and other boards on Veeky Forums. I enjoy visiting youtube. My enjoyment of life is, however, I have noticed in recent years, not an active enjoyment but rather a sense of temporary relief from a lack of enjoyment, or in other words I often mistake an absence of pain as pleasure.

This is that 100 post user again.

Newfags, there is a poster who constantly creates really elaborate schemes to mess with people by getting them to feel sympathy for his character and then slowly dissolve into autism, it usually always begins with calling himself a genius (I've noticed this pattern) he used to joke about his 6 volume memoir or this time that he paid a publisher to publish his book and he scheduled a book signing at a barnes and noble where only his mom came and bought 3 copies of the book. He does this because he's admitted he has nothing else in life and gets some sort of pleasure out of it, anyway, he had me going for a little bit until I saw him descend into cunty autism but the nail in the coffin is this quote that he always uses when people ask to see his writing in these threads (because it's pretty good but it comes from an archived post from years ago back when warosu was up, someone else found that one out, he usually takes any written material from past critique threads but almost always this one):

>"Magnus realized, with a sort of laugh, that every joke he had recently heard had been told by himself, to himself, and at his own expense."

Anyway OP, you should really find something else to occupy your time if this is all you really have.

i'm pretty sure i've seen the memoir guy posting in the last week. unless you think it's the same guy keeping up both acts.

I hope you write in Norwegian because your command of the English language leaves a lot to be desired.

Fjeldabe

It's the same cunt, he keeps on with his deceiving plots to get some attention and then gain pleasure abusing anons's good will. A classic and classy scheme of bait and bamboozle, but nonetheless cunty and ill intentioned.

Keep you eyes wide open, my man.

OP here. This will be my final post for tonight. I have just gone outside to get some fresh air. I am now listening to the album "The Sunshine Always Fades" by Sun Devours Earth. I am feeling very emotional. Tomorrow I will write more and begin reading "En Route" by J.K. Huysmans. In around fifteen minutes I will turn off the lights in my cabin and get into bed. In the night I hear the sound of branches snapping occasionally and a distant car going by sometimes, otherwise the sound of a slight breeze heaving against the window. I have felt afraid here at night though I imagine this fear will pass in time. If you have a question then ask it in this thread and I will reply tomorrow morning. Thank you for reading.

are you gonna fuck the granddaughter

kek

At least shut yourself off and work 24/7 on that novel like a madman. All respect is lost if you don't work at least 12 hours a day.

Fuck the granddaughter
Shorten your sentences
Post pics of granddaughter

Not in that order

Are your greatest pleasures really found on the internet? No wonder you don't enjoy much