Is there some manner of book which doesn't have a direct message...

Is there some manner of book which doesn't have a direct message, or really any apparent plot or meaning behind it at all, but yet creates a sort of swirling vortex of thoughts that create a sort of abstract illusion of a feeling?

Henry Miller

My diary desu

Invisible cities

That's basically the stranger user

Yes, that's why it's one of my favorite books of all time. I didn't even enjoy it while I was reading it, but afterwords recalling the book left a profound impact on me, especially when I just finished the book. I put it down and felt like my brain was expanding inside of my skull, trying to break out of my head.

Yeah, awful books

I love awful books, because I'm an awful, corrupted person.

oi

Murakami- The Wind Up Bird Chronicle

Sleepless Nights by Elizabeth Hardwick

Atrocity Exhibition by JG Ballard
Naked Lunch by William S Burroughs

Are you talking about Camus' The Stranger?

I don't see how that fits the description.
>Direct message
It has a pretty well defined main message about absurdist philosophy
>really any apparent plot or meaning behind it at all
Definitively very apparent plot, and a pretty "clear" main meaning too.
>creates a sort of swirling vortex of thoughts that create a sort of abstract illusion of a feeling
Perhaps in a very limited sense, in a some very small parts, but mainly this doesn't fit it.

A very good book though, and I too am interested in the question.

was gonna post this

Yeah, I think some of Haruki Murakami's work has this feel a bit.

Especially After Dark, Kafka on the Beach and a collection of short story that I can't recall the name of but which was very comfy reading.

Isn't this just Finnegans Wake

Naked Lunch.

no fucking understandable plot, but 100% guaranteed to left you with a horrid sense of disgust.

I liked the first part of The Stranger, where the plot kinda meandered in places. Meursault just chilling on the balcony or the beach etc. was nice to read. It felt kinda atmospheric with how simple it was too. The second part with him passing time in prison (before the conversation w/ the priest) was pretty nice too. I'd like more of this kind of thing but I've no idea how to specify it.

the sound and the fury

Absolute cluster fuck

came here to post this

Anything by Henry Miller desu famalam

This book was a nightmare for me to read. I like feeling like I at least can follow the narration. When I heard that book on tape or try to read it, I feel like everything goes in and then right out of my head, it doesn't leave any sort of impression on me. And I hate that feeling, because it leaves me feeling like I may as well have not read anything at all. So, instead I end up scrutinizing the lines so much, that the reading tires me out, like on a night of so much homework that I feel that I can't go on. What ever is the cause of my horrible condition, I don't know, I don't know if it's unique to me and some others, or if everyone feels this way to varying degrees.

>Kafka on the Beach

The Book of Disquiet.

Beckett's three novels

Nothing else in this thread comes close except for Joyce

This.

what the hell is 'the worm'?

Invisible cities is about perspective. It is the same city described from different viewpoints.

Why would you want to read something like that?