Why is Veeky Forums so slow? I want to discuss science faster

Why is Veeky Forums so slow? I want to discuss science faster.

real scientists dont discuss on a forum for autistic kids

some of them do.

The science and math board of this Lithuanian faberge egg collecting forum is somewhat sparsely populated.

Instead of complaining, you should start a thread on something satisfying the axioms of a good thread:
I) you don't think your elementary "counter example" breaks relativity or quantum mechanics;
II) you know something about the subject so that you won't be asking stupid things like "if entropy is real how do people have fingers?";
III) it's not about some shitty identity you learned in calc n;
IV) you put some effort in the OP post.

What are you into? What would you like to talk about?

Have you looked into face to face conversations?

Then why haven't you merged your brain with The Machine?

w-what's this? you mean like analog vocal communication through air? In real time? I-I'm not sure I can do this senpai.

Not him, but the people I know are more into beer and parties and so on and so on and do not have interest in learning other than doing it to get a piece of paper.
Maybe it is different in university I dunno, I am in college.

Went to some study-related course which was kind of fun since you share interest, but not many delve really deeply in the subject.

Ofc not.Just have the thread open in a tab, automatic refresh on and check if the red dot appears.

Because we're an underrepresented oppressed minority board

because most people realize how dumb discussing something like math and science on an anonymous image board is. Video games, cartoons, and anime sure, but shit like science or politics?

This board is already not very good (we keep getting the same IQ masturbation/eugenics/race/gender/politics threads on a daily basis.) If more people came, it would probably get worse.

Veeky Forums is actually the fastest board.

It's just that since we're actually moving at relativistic speeds, to an outside observer it looks like we're posting slower.

That sounds shitty user. Most of my friends are interesting in having interesting discussion. In fact, I wouldn't be friends with them if it were otherwise.

>shit like science or politics
/pol/ is one of the busiest boards on Veeky Forums. Your argument is invalid.

My theory is that most people aren't scientists or mathematicians. We are a small minority (suprise suprise)

>/pol/
>discussing politics

Kek, I obviously didn't get the memo stating that a shit-flinging safe space full of edgy underage morons who pretend to know and "talk" about politics by exclusively spouting lazy memes constitutes actual discussion on politics.

VERY few people on Veeky Forums have the required knowledge on history (this is important) and politics to actually discuss modern day politics without misunderstanding, misinterpreting or misusing political terms they heard online and didn't even bother to check on wikipedia. Fewer still have the temper to have an open-minded political discussion without immediately resorting to misblaming "lefties" on here, at least nowadays, not in old Veeky Forums.

Same reason science barely gets discussed. Very few people have the required scientific knowledge to actually have a discussion without correcting or having to educate the other side on scientific terms and math. Discussing free will and politics in science =/= science.

No they don't.

I second this. It's pretty depressing not being around people who either 1) actually value learning in any capacity or 2) aren't egotistical shitheads who pretend they're smarter and more knowledgeable than they actually are.

The 2's are certainly worse than the 1's. There's nothing worse than hanging around someone who has their head up their ass. These people don't learn because they are fascinated by the subject; they learn so they can be a walking encyclopedia and show off how smart they are. It's not possible to have a fruitful discussion with them because they will often unwittingly have vast holes in their knowledge, but they won't be willing to admit it.

leave then

checkmate science

if you want faster posting just make a "why don't we terraform mars?!?" or "Wtf why go to mars when the moon is right there!"

Bonus points: Venus floating habitats