Post the most well known literary figure from your area. Mine is the fucking queen of romance novels: Nora Roberts

Post the most well known literary figure from your area. Mine is the fucking queen of romance novels: Nora Roberts.

mine is Shakespeare

I'm better than you OP

the woman who wrote that Rolling Stone article about the gang rape that didn't real at University of Virginia, Sabrina Erdely

Where do you live? Also, my post wasn't supposed to be a brag but a lamenting.

C.S. Lewis

Based Seamus

Hermann Hesse
get on my level
get me out of this boring shithole soon please

>Jacques Barzun, leading cultural historian
>Sandra Cisneros, author, lives in a purple house in the city's King William District[79]
>Dan Cook, San Antonio sportswriter for more than 50 years
>Light Townsend Cummins, historian and author
>Ron Franscell, true-crime author and journalist
>Marcus Goodrich, screenwriter and novelist
>Heloise, syndicated advice columnist, lives in suburb of Helotes
>Esther Hicks, San Antonio-based best-selling author and inspirational speaker, Law of Attraction, Ask & It Is Given, The Astonishing Power of Emotions
>Dolores Hitchens, mystery novelist
>Naomi Shihab Nye, writer and poet
>Barbara Ras, San Antonio writer and publisher, The Last Skin, Bite Every Sorrow, One Hidden Self, and Costa Rica: A Traveler's Literary Companion
>Rick Riordan, San Antonio-based novelist, Big Red Tequila, The Last King of Texas, Southtown, Mission Road, Percy Jackson & the Olympians, The Kane Chronicles, The Heroes of Olympus, The Maze of Bones, Vespers Rising
>Whitley Strieber, writer and film producer, Communion, The Hunger and Wolfen
I only recognize one guy because I read his books as a kid.

muh digging

He wasn't born here, but he moved to my town before he was famous and became famous living here.

muh bogs

David Guterson
Sherman Alexie
I like 'em

Charles Dickens then
Will Self now

I'm in Chicago. I think Philip k Dick was born here, or lived here while very young. That's all I can think of right now. Any suggestions on good Chicago writers would be appreciated.

No one beats me.

>Any suggestions on good Chicago writers would be appreciated.

Richard Wright
Nelson Algren
James T. Farrell
Saul Bellow (lived there a while. born in Canada though)
Studs Terkel

Is that Harry Potter as an adult?

>William Carleton
>John Montague
>Alice Milligan
>Brian O'Nolan (FLann O'Brien)

Why is Tyrone such an intellectual powerhouse?

Hannah Arendt

Thanks

Hazel Barnes
According to Wikipedia she's best know for her "popularization of existentialism in America" and translating Sartre's Being and Nothingness

This whole island has been blessed with great minds

Hamsun, one of my favourite authors

All I got is fuckin' Debbie Maycomber kill me

Was it Rick Riordan? Same here

Karl Ove Knausgård.

Also Karl Marlantes; got a signed copy of Matterhorn from him once.

found the Hoosier

My esol teacher made the class read sandra cisneros when i was in 10th. Fuck, did i hate that book. Even with my limited understanding of english, and american culture, i always thought that white guilt is fucking pathetic, and liberals do a disservice to education with the whole inclusion bullshit.

Katherine Mansfield. Spent most of her life hanging around with D.H. Lawrence and Virginia Woolf and trying to disown her New Zealand roots. Wrote a lot of short stories. Her birthplace/childhood house is down the road from me.

William Burroughs!

But I suppose Mark Twain is more famous.

Toni Morrison

I'm like 10 miles from the Mark Twain house. Never been.

Roberto Pinchas

Oh and there's James Merrill, he's great.

hey fellow Derryfag

I'm pretty sure we had to read poems or some other shit she wrote, but by that point I knew exactly what to put down for a Mexican female author unless I felt like being a huge edgelord.
Yeah I liked mythology

Thomas Jefferson or Edgar Allan Poe.

All the other literature and thinking from people living in Virginia is just "muh slavery" or "muh corncobby south".