I think Im just a deeply unhappy person at my core and will be miserable no matter what i do...

I think Im just a deeply unhappy person at my core and will be miserable no matter what i do. I barely even do things i like anymore because i dont see the point when ultimately Im going to die how i lived, miserable. I feel like im just used to genuinely distressing conflict. What books will help me shake this mindset?

Other urls found in this thread:

skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html
auroravisser.wordpress.com/
youtu.be/NxvSVpIN7Ys?t=150
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Bible

Do a bong rip and just chill

user I felt exactly like this a year ago. There is no book which will get you out of that state.
You need extreme solitude and a hobby. nce you have those two things you will start to accept a lot of things about life like death, loneliness, sadness, etc...
After you start accepting things about life over which you have no control I would recommend you to read Seneca's treaties. That book helped me more than any other I've ever read, ever since I read it I feel like I'm on control and it taught me how to enjoy every single I wanted to enjoy and how to sleep completly at ease at night without any remorse nor bad feelings.

not jking read the bible attend church weekly.it's a good starting point of recovery

Im not going to read a book that suggests rape victims marry their attacker. If thats right i dont want to be right.
I dont really chill and weed is very over rated.
Thanks, ill check it out. Im glad somebody took my question seriously

That's the old testament you faggot. We're under the new covenant since Jesus died on the cross for our sins

no wonder you're at this state now
attending church weekly would be good for you. nobody would bother you if you sit in your seat and just be quiet.
1 In you, LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. 2 Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. 3 Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me. 4 Keep me free from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge. 5 Into your hands I commit my spirit; deliver me, LORD, my faithful God. 6 I hate those who cling to worthless idols; as for me, I trust in the LORD. 7 I will be glad and rejoice in your love, for you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul. 8 You have not given me into the hands of the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place. 9 Be merciful to me, LORD, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief. 10 My life is consumed by anguish and my years by groaning; my strength fails because of my affliction,and my bones grow weak. 11 Because of all my enemies, I am the utter contempt of my neighbors and an object of dread to my closest friends— those who see me on the street flee from me. 12 I am forgotten as though I were dead; I have become like broken pottery. 13 For I hear many whispering, “Terror on every side!” They conspire against me and plot to take my life. 14 But I trust in you, LORD; I say, “You are my God.” 15 My times are in your hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me. 16 Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love. 17 Let me not be put to shame, LORD, for I have cried out to you; but let the wicked be put to shame and be silent in the realm of the dead. 18 Let their lying lips be silenced, for with pride and contempt they speak arrogantly against the righteous. 19 How abundant are the good things that you have stored up for those who fear you, that you bestow in the sight of all, on those who take refuge in you. 20 In the shelter of your presence you hide them from all human intrigues; you keep them safe in your dwelling from accusing tongues. 21 Praise be to the LORD, for he showed me the wonders of his love when I was in a city under siege. 22 In my alarm I said, “I am cut off from your sight!” Yet you heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help. 23 Love the LORD, all his faithful people! The LORD preserves those who are true to him, but the proud he pays back in full. 24 Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.

This. user, you better get straight with God if you don't want to keep living in this hell of yours and eventually real Hell.

Why are you trying to escape truth?Embrace it and then you might find euphoria.

I thought this was a thread I could relate to but you're just a raging faggot or maybe bait, idgaf just get out of Veeky Forums we dont need shitty shitposters

skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/nt_list.html
The bible says dozens of things we know to be factually untrue. Isnt it funny that only people who were starving in the desert before cameras existed get to talk to god? Spend 5 minutes looking xritically into the bible and your beliefs will fall apart. If youre afraid to do that its becauase you know youre wrong. Also something tells me you are all the same person but even if that isnt the case you are still wrong. No real god would be wrong on so many things. The bible would be at minimum the most informative book on subjects of morality and realistically would contain scientific insights beyond what would be known to anyone at the time. Theres thousands of religions active today, you arent special enough to have found the one true one
Why does the truth have to be good? Wouldnt it make sense that the truth can go either way? How are you so sure youve found it?

ugh again this is why you're in the current section.You're miserable because of the lack of love for god. seek him and return to form before it's too late.
If you don't wanna read the bible or psalms attend church like I said. I'm serious dude you're so focused on proving god isn't real instead of enjoying being alive.
I'll pray for you tonight user god bless I love you!

Truth is independent of any judgement of value.It's neither right nor wrong.But the embracement of truth bring euphoria to one.Most things that bring euphoria are on both sides of value spectrum.While killing is bad it can bring you euphoria.

Im only trying to prove it because youre trying to prove the opposite. Ive read it cover to cover when i was 14 and realized god isnt real. I went to church 3 times a week. I wasnt happy then and im not happy now. Im done with you. You arent worth talking to.
That seems not to make any sense. That seems also to throw morality out the window, im not into it

>Ive read it cover to cover when i was 14 and realized god isnt real
explain pic related god given talent then?
Truly accept him into your heart user
again I love YOU!

>muh god doesn't exist
>muh scepticism
>muh intelligence

yes, you've watched all the amazing atheist videos and are cleary 17 years old, now do what the anons who know what they're talking about said and find your peace with god, right after you grow the fuck up

I think your belief in God can be even greater if you're skeptical. Kinda Kierkegaard-ish.

Oh, boy, it's this thread again.

OP I can completely relate. What is there to do? Corporate cuckoldry brain destruction? Working extremely hard at your own business to get rich but have no time to do anything else? The minimum amount, and disappoint parents and be seen as even more of a freak by society? Some artistic nonsense which has close to zero chance of succeeding?

Satan has taken hold over you. I will pray for you.

Hey man, just be yourself.

Do a flip faggot.

>The bible says dozens of things we know to be factually untrue.
Read a phone book then if what truly matters to you is whether the things you read are factually correct. Loads of accurate information in that one so I bet it will have an impact on you.

you are likely depressed, attain help if you can because there are methods proven effective

my personal advise, lift heavy weights, do pushups til you pass out

are you going to fight or perish like a dog?

So youre admitting you dont care the bible lies frequently? The bible is more worth a read than the phone book but only for historical purposes. To live your life by a book that is proven factually incorrect is sheer delusion. If a book I liked was proven wrong in the vast majority of its claims i would not believe a single thing in the book (there is good advice in some parts but when a book is wrong that frequently you look elsewhere). I garuntee you dont even follow all 10 comandments.

Get a hobby.

I'm not joking or being sarcastic either. Get a serious hobby, and devote time to it, or you'll turn into Holden Caulfield and jump off a bridge.

auroravisser.wordpress.com/

Is a problem if you read it to learn facts, not if you are trying to change your presumably apathetic and disillusioned outlook. I'm not even christian but if you think you'll get past existential dread by just having a more accurate view of the world, and not a radically different one, you're mistaken.

Ooh going to church 3 times a week, the aching memories. Iktf user

I have a lot of hobbies. Lately though i struggle to even do things i like. I think... why? What the fuck am i even doing this for? I've shopped around for different hobbies, picked my favorites but still the realization that Im just a miserable fuck weighs down heavily on my ability to enjoy them.

DMT - The Spirit Molecule by Dr. Strassman

Came here to create exactly this thread, I feel you, OP.
Anyone have serious suggestions?

see
in b4 "I don't chill." If you don't, then that's the root of your problem

I was living like this for years. You have to make a continuous, conscious effort to be happy and not view everything in a negative light.
Continuous: you have to always be diligent in your effort. It is too easy to slide back into bad habits.
Conscious: you have to actively make decisions on how things will affect you. Question why you feel unhappy about things and realize you don't have to be.
Effort: it's not easy. You have to want to be happy and be willing to put in the work to be happy. Your default, like mine, is pessimistic and miserable, but it can be overcome.

I know this sounds like a bunch of self help bullshit, but it's worked for me.

attend church weekly and say hi to people.
read some passages from the bible or listen to pop music.

the problem with you and OP that you're so lost in your ego that you think some kind of solution will just fall in your lap. it's not
you need to be active and hang around happy people Hence why I suggested churches
this also

How old are you? (Not being condescending)

Nietzsche.

An Experiment with Time is a book by the British aeronautical engineer J. W. Dunne on the subjects of precognitive dreams and a theory of time which he called Serialism. First published in March 1927, it was widely read and his ideas were explored by several other authors, especially by J. B. Priestley. He published three sequels; The Serial Universe, The New Immortality, and Nothing Dies.

The first part of the book describes many precognitive dreams, most of which Dunne himself had experienced.

The second part of the book sets out a theory to try and explain them. This is, simply put, that all moments in time are present together. Anyone could see their own birth, life and death in the same instant, were it not for the human consciousness, which focuses attention on a "now" which travels through time at a fixed rate.

This means there are different kinds of "time": one kind is just one direction in the four-dimensional landscape of spacetime, as fixed as a map, while another kind of time is needed to explain the moment of "now" which travels across the map in the direction of map-time and which we experience.

Dunne believes that these multiple kinds of time lead to a complete rethink of the way that we understand both time and consciousness.

According to Dunne, whilst wakeful attention prevents us from seeing outside of the part of time we are "meant" to look at, whilst we are dreaming we have the ability to recall all of our timeline without the restriction of focused attention. This allows fragments of our future to appear in pre-cognitive dreams. Other consequences include the phenomenon known as Deja vu and the existence of life after death

This. Try Veeky Forums. Theyre still miserable for the most part but at least they get laid.

In this book, Mr. Hathaway emphasizes the source energy of the loving universe as a means to connect to our divine purpose as incarnated souls.

youtu.be/NxvSVpIN7Ys?t=150

From a perspective of mental illness, this is probably the best suggestion. Perhaps experience might be more valuable to you at this point than literature could be.