There are people who actually argue that r/books is comparable to Veeky Forums

>there are people who actually argue that r/books is comparable to Veeky Forums

reddit.com/r/books/comments/4thwcf/why_arent_books_like_lord_of_the_rings_or_a_song/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/books/comments/4tj5ze/anyone_else_have_issues_reading_the_heart_of/
reddit.com/r/books/comments/4teozs/have_you_ever_had_to_stop_reading_a_novel_because/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>muh internet war

Kill yourself

>there are still OPs shitty enough to make dumb reddit threads

Where

upvoted the reddit post

That was a good chuckle, OP. Can plebeians like that even be saved, or is it too late?

HOLY SHUT LE IDUOTS LIKE TOLKEIN!!!!!!! xDd

Sage and fuck off OP. Thanks.

Whats with the sudden influx of reddit threads?

They are all about the same thread, too.

nice post. I Lol.

Because 50% of people here crosspost, ever since that faggot posted the top 100 list.

if you cunts hate reddit so much, why do you talk about it whenever you get the chance?

Nigga, you know what plebbit is about. How the fuck do you still get surprised when you find exactly what you expect to find there?

It's like /r9k/ and women. Pure ressentiment

He deliberately seeks out posts to get outraged about because he wants other people to circlejerk with him to make him feel special and give him a momentary sense of self-worth

>all these triggered redditors

Clockwork.

When will hiroshimoot make /dit/, for discussions of reddit?

reddit.com/r/books/comments/4tj5ze/anyone_else_have_issues_reading_the_heart_of/
>thread about heart of darkness being hard to read
>top comment is about it being boring

Didn't bother reading that but Lord of the Rings is considered literature and was analyzed by the academia, it's just that the plebmagnet movies have put that on indefinite hold for now.

reddit.com/r/books/comments/4teozs/have_you_ever_had_to_stop_reading_a_novel_because/

>Have you ever had to stop reading a novel, because it appeared to be beyond your intellectual capabilities? If so, which book was it and why?

>top 200 comments
>>War and Peace. How can I keep up with all these characters? I don't know this many people in real life.[3388 points]
>>Ulysses [821 points]

nice trips, but you should have posted this expert reply to the finnegans wake post in that thread
>Nobody has really read Finnegan's Wake. People only make the claim and nobody can call them out on it, as they've never read it either.
>772 points
>"I can't read the book so anyone else claiming to have must be pseuds doing it for attention"

Really makes you think

Not a question I've seen many of you deal with. Certainly not honestly. And it's both a difficult and important question.

What actually does render something a work of art? Why should I read Melville over Rawlings? Better prose? What the fuck is that and who cares? Mirror to nature? Why not look at actual nature? Closer to lived experience? I read novels to escape my lived experience.

Most you just default to Bloom as authority, but that fucker, whose whole point was overcoming influences, stole it all from Emerson, who stole the same stupid point from the Upanishads and the Gita. (That said... Emerson is probably the best answer...)

>Most you just default to Bloom as authority

NO

DISCERNIBLE

TALENT