Do you personally think you're a good chef?

Do you personally think you're a good chef?

No, I can't cook a variety of things.

I stick to pasta because pasta is fucking easy to make and relatively easy to customize. You can cook up some mushrooms and/or chicken, throw that and cooked pasta in a cream based sauce like alfredo, season it like hell, simmer it, and have a delicious meal with no skill or effort involved.

No

I am ok, not good but not bad either.

I'm a good home cook. Beyond a catering situation I've never commanded a kitchen brigade so I'd never call myself a chef.

No. Everyone else is just really bad in comparison. Similar to most things in my life. Overall, I'm mediocre in general. I'm just surrounded by shitty people.

I'm good at making the kind of shit I like to eat, but I suck at making stuff I don't like to eat.

I'm no chef, but compared to my social circle I have a handful of fancy recipes that always impress. I definitely have lots of room to learn though, and in any restaurant/catering/cooking competition setting I would not come out on top.

yes lol

Nobody here can cook

have you guys met people that are just god fuckin g awful at cooking, and think nothing of it?

Some family members of mine literally use only salt and oil as garnishes to anything. Or the occasional barbecue sauce. Its fucking ridiculous. I've tried to cook for them and they reject every fucking spice imaginable.

I'm a reasonably good home cook, not a chef. I'd go crazy if I had to make 50 dinners a night.

you're not a chef unless you are trained in the culinary arts and i highly doubt that many people on Veeky Forums can say that

i'm a decent cook. i get better all the time too. i feel confident enough to cook for people most of the time, because i actually know how to cook. it's surprising how many people don't know how to make decent food.

Yes, I'm a good cook. Work as a chef without the title.

>you're not a chef unless you are trained in the culinary arts

In usa you don't need a aprenticeship (2-4 years) and a final diplom to be a 'chef' ??

No, them again I don't really want to be
I can make a couple things and i have a good enough grasp of some ingredients to make me versatile
And hell I made my own recipe wich is fucking delicious, it beats the fuck out of restaurant food
Ideally I want to come up with 3-5 really good things I can make and something like 10 regular things and i will be happy

Im an ok cook, mostly due to some training from a chef and a bit of cleverness. I'm not creative enough, as good as plating or have as good of a sense of what tastes good together as a chef would. I ain't a chef I just cook a lot

No. I cook for myself and family. That just makes me the dude who can cook in the family.

You can take a 4 year college class to get a certification that makes you a chef.

Nope. I'm a home cook, and I guess I'm pretty good judging by most of the people I know, but I would in no way even refer to myself as a chef. There's so much I don't know

No. "Chef" is a job title; it has nothing to do with having a cooking degree.

Chef = boss. It's the guy or gal who is in charge of the kitchen. sometimes that person has a cooking degree, sometimes they don't.

I have no experience managing kitchen staff, so I probably wouldn't be that great at it, no.

If you don't run a professional kitchen you're not a chef.