What do you think of this guy Veeky Forums? Personally just his face alone pisses me off

What do you think of this guy Veeky Forums? Personally just his face alone pisses me off.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_and_positive_atheism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lmao buttmad christcuck

I'm an atheist.

>feeling the need to quantify your disbelief into what is just another belief system

labeling yourself as an atheist is dumb.

atheism isn't a belief system, it's the lack of one. if you don't believe in god, you're by definition an atheist.

thats wrong.
you believe in no god.

your propensity to need to label everything doesn't help wither.

>you believe in no god.
that's not very good english methinks

If you truly "lacked a belief system" you wouldn't care enough to call yourself an atheist in the first place, moron.

brilliant
atheists have given the Christian community a litany of responses on the matter of whether or not atheism is a worthy epithet for a lack of belief. They've said that there are no terms for people who don't believe in unicorns or spiderman, so why should there be a term for the lack of belief in God?

>it's a "Americans fail to comprehend the definition of the word atheism" episode

>I believe in atheism

Maybe if we were all illiterates. Atheism has a meaning, I know the meaning of the word, and I am an atheist by definition.

Is this too hard for your retarded undergraduate brain to understand?

You're blaming people for knowing the meaning of words.

Quantify my disbelief? I just don't believe in God. You seem overly emotional about this.

>I am an atheist by definition

Said the most pretentious tool to ever live

>a buttmad theology major tries to raid Veeky Forums
what a thrill

What else do you call yourself when confronted with the question of religious belief?

Can't you high-school kids just leave Veeky Forums forever?

Tell me you don't feel like smashing his face in when you look at that picture.

>a universe from nothing
basically he just said there is a god (rules) and we don't know how he came to be, maybe just by random chance. Gnosticism bullshit

lmao atheism is the lack of one XD le edgey kid XD
atheism is the belief that no god exists. being non religious is another matter. you can have verbal sex with Christ mom many time over you like and still a theist.

ebin

i honestly can't tell if you guys are serious.

lets go over a few things:

first, there is a difference between the statement "there is no god" and "i don't believe in a god". saying you don't believe in something does not mean you believe it doesn't exist. it's merely saying you don't think there is enough evidence to believe it, it doesn't mean you believe it doesn't exist.

secondly, atheist is an identifier like male and female, frog and human. if you fit the criteria you can believe whatever the fuck you want but you fit the description.

>there is a difference between the statement "there is no god" and "i don't believe in a god"
Both are beliefs based on faith

>saying you don't believe in something does not mean you believe it doesn't exist. it's merely saying you don't think there is enough evidence to believe it, it doesn't mean you believe it doesn't exist.
What the literal fuck is this shit you're trying to spout

>atheist is an identifier like male and female
I can hear you tipping from here

jesus fucking christ m8, see:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_and_positive_atheism
>Positive atheism, also called strong atheism and hard atheism, is the form of atheism that asserts that no deities exist; negative atheism, also called weak atheism and soft atheism, is any other type of atheism, i.e. where a person does not believe in the existence of any deities and does not explicitly assert that there are none.[1][2][3]

> there is a difference between the statement "there is no god" and "i don't believe in a god"
"there is no god" = I believe no god exists and I believe in the existence of proof for that statement. there is another kind of atheist claim that they believe we can never found the proof.
"i don't believe in a god" = what god here you talking about? if you "god" only restrict to the bullshit religions on Earth you are ballsuckally a non-religious person, not an atheist. an atheist believe in the strict non existence of god, whether they are mentioned in religions or not.
the rest of your arguments are bs I won't even bother to touch.

>being non religious is another matter
no that is literally what it means

Its called agnosticism
and its infinitely better to label yourself as an agnostic, if you feel you *must* label yourself

non-religious = atheism? not all religions are theism you know? don't believe in a religions? you still have a million of other gods you can choose from. better yet, you can even create your own god with dankes qualities possible. you need to be educated in philosophy kid

Mentioning any scientist by name or posting a photo of one should be automatically bannable.

Mention of any belief system, including epistemological stances, should be word filtered and instantly bannable.

Veeky Forums is not mature enough for these things.

>Its called agnosticism
kill yourself
agnosticism is a philosophical position
seriously, kys my man
I wish we took every kid who thinks "agnosticism" means "non opinionated" and gave them a free vacation in a gang rape summer camp

see why you don't know what you're saying here:
there is a difference between labeling yourself and fitting the description. and agnostic has another definition:

ag·nos·tic
aɡˈnästik/
noun
noun: agnostic; plural noun: agnostics

a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

29 replies over a bullshit atheist vs believer debate? This is fucking ridiculous.

If you want to dicuss religion

>resorting to quoting google and wikipedia attempting to prove a point

just stop trying to argue with people like
they fail to understand anything past elementary school education. It's also interesting to see no one replying to you after bringing some facts on. fuck Veeky Forums

>disagree with someones point of view
>resort to ad hominem attacks
>proceed to claim they have an "elementary school education"

Oh the irony

>If you truly "have a belief system" you
>wouldn't care enough to call anyone a moron.
but you don't

I think he's alright. Read a "universe from nothing" and learned a thing or two. I will say that he's got more patience when it comes to debating religious people. Watch his debate against that Muslim 'scholar' and see how long you can go before you just get angry.

>>Positive atheism, also called strong atheism and hard atheism, is the form of atheism that asserts that no deities exist; negative atheism, also called weak atheism and soft atheism, is any other type of atheism, i.e. where a person does not believe in the existence of any deities and does not explicitly assert that there are none.[1][2][3]
loled hard at those categories, some people seriously have a stick in their butts lel

sci generally thinks he is a genius
but that's because sci is an underaged meme board
krauss is a popscientist. He makes a reputation from saying things like 'we don't know' when in reality there are people out there who do know why QM is wrong etc... but you won't find that out in popscience until publications and mainstream acceptance etc. He also sucks Dawkins' cock. Socially intelligent, but not scientifically brilliant. Basically, he's a cunt. Along with all popscientists. Only good one was Carl Sagan.

>sci is an underaged meme board

>He also sucks Dawkins' cock
>Basically, he's a cunt
>Only good one was Carl Sagan

You're right this is an under-aged board.

le epic white face man.png
keep up the popular culture, friend:)