Are there any diseases that we have absolutely no idea about how we might try to cure them?

Are there any diseases that we have absolutely no idea about how we might try to cure them?

We now seem to have ideas (which may or may not actually work - but at least we have ideas and we can test them) for curing everything.

Is there anything which this doesn't apply to?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencealert.com/new-protein-injection-reverses-alzheimer-s-symptoms-in-mice-in-just-one-week
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alzheimer's

But there's a fair amount of work going on relating to Alzheimer's; particularly relating to amyloid beta.

It might not work, but we do have *an idea*.

I mean things where we don't even have a good idea of where to start.

no. we arent fucking cavemen.

sciencealert.com/new-protein-injection-reverses-alzheimer-s-symptoms-in-mice-in-just-one-week

Prions

>Prions

Idea for a cure: don't eat people

kys.
prions are as easy as abc 123.
you just need to find another protein to bind on them.
It's a matter of cost and time. Nobody bothers because almost nobody gets prion disease.
Also this

We have ideas on how to cure most disease, the problem is how to implement them.

In all probability, SCID are what you're looking for

>new protein injection
..is it chrispr?

Thats literally one kind of prion disease out of thousands

Rabies

>Homosexuality
>Locked-in syndrome
>Progress
>that one where your muscles turn into bones
>Butterfly Boy

*progeria fucking autocorrect

Look up orphan diseases, OP. Seriously, some of them just need a gathering of the patients and simple tests of simple ideas to make a breakthrough. The government gives extra protections to medicine that develops for orphan diseases.

>locked in syndrome
we are making strides towards using thoughts to communicate directly. cant say what we are doing about sight though

That has nothing to do with a cure, its just adapting care to their condition.

.... slowly, sadly shakes head is disbelief

been a day now.... here on Veeky Forums and no one has mentioned autism.... sick of carrying you fags

memeing aside, and by that i mean the research we have for alzheimers cures, he's right. Everyone looks to scientists to solve this problem and expect them to have some direction, but we literally know nothing about how to cure alzheimers. no target, no drug, no solution.

There was one I heard of, I think it was genetic disorder: the children would do stuff like eat their fingertips and cut bits of themselves off because of some horrific terror they got from seeing themselves.

yeah but Alzheimers is a symptom-based description of a disease.

It's an umbrella term and it could include a number of neurodegenerative diseases.

gum disease. dentistry as a whole is still pretty medieval

There are spontaneously emerging prions too :^) Sleep tight, pupper.