Who is the most pretentious author?

I once read a book for english class in high school called 'Jasper Jones'

Despit being boring and badly written, the author awkwardly shoehorned in references to books like Moby Dick and To Kill a Mockingbird so that the reader knew how smart he was

And that isn't even mentioning the obvious main character self insert

Are you by any chance Australian

Fuck yeah mate

d a v i d ~ f o s t e r ~ w a l l a c e
a
v
i
d
`
f
o
s
t
e
r
`
w
a
l
l
a
c
e

What's with australia and middlebrow literature? 'an AUSTRALIAN To Kill a Mockingbird' how fucking pathetic.

fuck you faggot

me

he's right though, you pleb

A mix of cultural cringe, tall poppy syndrome and anti-intellectualism

"Jasper" is coincidentally the name I usually give nameless people on the tube who look pretentious or just generally dickish.

I feel pretty bad for Aussies, especially pseud ones. No matter how well-read or elegantly presented you are, you might as well have just jumped out of a logging truck or something as soon as you open your mouth and let out that dastardly twang you people call an accent. Just hideous.

Oi fuk u bogan cunt go hang out wit the wogs n drink sum vb cunt

Fukn glast a cunt th'other day for sniffn mah fukn petrul

William Shakespeare.

>you might as well have just jumped out of a logging truck or something as soon as you open your mouth and let out that dastardly twang you people call an accent.
Depends where exactly you're from. I've got a Sydney accent, which is basically just british but less offensive, and most of my extended family either have that or the more general accent.
You don't really get much of the broad accent in the big cities, it's there, but there are more people with asian or leb accents then there are who sound like Steve Irwin.

dont kid yourself buddy

my condolences.

but it has the benefit of making us seem "earthy" or in the case of Melbournians, vaguely disinterested.

>especially pseud ones

i don't feel bad for the pseuds at all. if they can't appreciate how healthy and great our larrikin tradition is then those boring little yuppies can all stay the fuck in melbourne and continue to sip their chai teas indignantly.

Sorry your women all flock to aussie tourists because they don't sound like soft poof boys like you.

>what a d-d-astardly twang why w-would she even b-b-bother??

Yep it's a piece of shit. No argument there.

This book was pretty fucking dark. I hated it. Also im a cunt from down under.

hey, chai tea is great

CUNT
where u, R A D E L A I D E reporting in

>>>>>>>>>these faggots haven't read murnane
the plains is leggit dickheads

The one who hasn't written because they are too good to write.

In this category:

Socrates
Jesus, the leaf blower

tfw my name is Jasper and I'm Australian

Dear God, even the Wikipedia article is poorly written.

found the redditor

Harry Mulisch.

He still railed 16-year old prime pussy on daily basis in his 80's.
They spread their legs before him solely on the merit of his work.

i read the assault and it was pretty fucking bad

Translation?

I never liked assault myself, felt way too....Dutch, makes sense considering that it's about Dutch society in coming to terms with the events of the war.

That said only Discovery of Heaven really matters, it's not sparse but bulging with metaphysical speculation, he masterfully intersperses mathematics, biology, linguistics, numerology, philosophy and theology on a grand, hubristic scale.

A serious powerwank.

Have you read much Murnane? I've read a bunch of his work and enjoyed all of it, A Million Windows is fucking great. Is there anyone else in this country still alive and worth reading?

Also how funny is A Lifetime Among Clouds, d'ya reckon Murdaddy regrets that one.

Siegfried is good desu senpai

I've actually only read the plains ;__;

naa seriously mate it was pretty good, I'll pick up another one of his later when I'm done with all these bloody greeks. I'm kinda in the mood to go do a master's thesis in lit or something on Murnane, the dude seems to need way more recognition.