Tfw third world shithole uni

>tfw third world shithole uni

You people have no idea how lucky you are to have a decent education system. Please make good use of your time.

Other urls found in this thread:

happyschools.com/a-grade-student-in-b-grade-university/
thechoice.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/14/indian-admissions/
nlp.stanford.edu/~rkarthik/DAGAP.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

catposting is a new gorillaposting

>He thinks first world universities are more than professors just writing down the equations that are in the books
College is a scam. Do some research and buy the books you need cheaply online.

Unless you're talking exclusively about math or compsci, books and professors aren't all that a good university offers. Well equipped labs that host ongoing research are a very important ingredient of a good college that exposes students to said research and gives them valuable experience.

> didn't win any olympiad medals
> couldn't get into MIT

You have done that yourself.

>You people
no U

>decent education system
>have to live off campus because they don't have enough housing
>apply for loan to pay rent
>campus bitch thinks my cost of attendance is less than what it is
>I get $1850 of my $7200 approved loan, that money is only available to the uni
>I'll probably see none of it in time for rent
I'm going to tear the bitch a new asshole tomorrow, since she didn't respond to my email today. I can get another month of rent from my sibling, at least, and get money for food from my parents. That gives me maybe a month to get this shit sorted out. Fucking normies.

Where are you from? Argie here.

Pooland

You could've worked hard for two years and gotten into IIT you know. But you didn't, now suffer.

Anyone ever find themselves wondering what universities in Africa are like? Like wtf is a university like in Central African Republic.

>not watching all the IIT lectures on every subject on the planet online for free

Yes but I'm working hard now. Is there hope?

Go to IIT for masters, then a good uni in US for PhD.
>using IIT lectures when MIT OCW is available

>tfw
where you at

This is a nice perspective of similar situation. Written by another Indian student, I believe.

happyschools.com/a-grade-student-in-b-grade-university/

Indian here, and that English made me cringe. Honestly the problem that I have with Indian society is that they're too god damn sociable. They should really spend more time indoors cramming for the JEE (Joint Entrance Examination (which is for engineers, mind you)) rather than staying outside having fun with friends.

I got accepted to IIT Bombay for Computer Science & Engineering. The only downside of coming to this university is that the culture here is like "we worked hard in high school, now let's have fun our entire undergraduate" which is why I'm on Veeky Forums shitposting away.

Plus, if you don't get into an IIT you feel like shit, especially if one of your friends gets into one, because of the old Indian adage that if "you get into IIT your life is set, if you don't get into IIT, nothing in your life is sure" or something along those lines. I'm tired, sorry.

Our acceptance rate is insanely low as well, 2% compared to Harvard (8%) or Stanford (4.5%), source: thechoice.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/14/indian-admissions/

Assam

kek I thought by Pooland you meant Poland, my bad

What made you cringe?

How are the professors there? I wish mine stopped taking shit from students and completed the syllabus instead of being "friendly and cool".

life's a bitch

The structure of the article.
Amazing. I wish our syllabus was more like IIT Delhi, I read on Quora that it was more applied CS over there. Professors here give off the vibe that they dislike the students (as they aren't hardworking anymore, especially the "Kota bunch") but at the same time I think they can know why. I do take pride in the fact that they have degrees from IIT or top universities abroad but they chose to funnel their knowledge back into India's youth, instead of being like Sundar Pichai, Satya Nadella or Vinod Khosla (they all immigrated/moved to America). The opportunities here are plentiful for research, some of my seniors went to Carnegie Mellon in the US to do research. Also you should definitely get on Quora, Veeky Forums Veeky Forums is mainly for shitposting and is not really helpful, especially to us Indians. I admit that Veeky Forums Veeky Forums is good if you want to get an opinion of something quickly.

Poland is Indonesia

>hoping to clear GRE with a good score to get into a top uni

Does a high GPA from my no name uni still count?

Indeed but you were also right in your post in compsci you could just use books if you're the type of self-learner.

nlp.stanford.edu/~rkarthik/DAGAP.pdf

I recommend you give this a read. Have you at least gotten into a NIT? Honestly if you haven't gotten into IIT/NIT or even IIIT your chances are not that great at a top uni like Stanford (in terms of masters). If you really want to go for a top uni eventually, you have to go the shitty uni(Bachelors)-->IIT(masters)-->HYPSMC(PhD)

High GPA doesn't count much since in the foreigners eyes, who knows what it means? The professors could have been teaching single-variable calculus for all they know. That is why it is important to go to a reputed university. The guy that wrote the PDF I linked went to NIT Calicut, then Stanford CS for Masters.

BTW you should look on Quora, plenty of people have asked the same/similar questions.

>IIT/NIT or even IIIT

I forgot to add BITS Pilani to that list

>tfw at Oxford
>tfw there is money for absolutely everything

>tfw trips

>Pooland
Poland or India?

Following comments make it obvious he means India