Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XRIyhsDHjjA
youtube.com/watch?v=WwvoHZ0Gf3U
youtube.com/watch?v=7ta8lSwPGdU
youtube.com/watch?v=dVfnd5r8bM0
youtube.com/watch?v=T3L7KblM5Zc
youtube.com/watch?v=PZbkF-15ObM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thats not really fucked up. Fucked up would be having an accidental child or felony, you're literally fine.

Me big time. But got my GED at 16 and had 2 years at a community college before getting addicted to heroin. Off heroin now but 26 years old on methadone and homeless with no family or friends to help me. My cellphone is everything to me, I make sure my bill is paid every month. I'm clean now and I want things to be better but I can never find the time or strength to pull myself out of this. I can't imagine trying to work while in this condition and the homeless shelters here in Denver are horrible. I want my mommy. Straight up I want my mommy.

I really regret wasting three years of college in depression over some chick. Trying my best to make up.

And to add on I owe for child support . Only like 2grand right now tho

fuck it man. At least you graduated. All us make mistakes.

me too user

but to put it in perspective, i started as a butcher after not finishing highschool, was wrongfully imprisoned for a year, my band toured overseas and i am a motherfuckin' sea captain and divemaster.

>not stressing about graduating at 26 senpai

39 here, finishing my PhD. Better late than never, go make something of yourself.

It's just the fact that competition is on the rise and students are graduating at a younger age in general.

Graduated at 26, went straight into a degree-related job. Now three years later, going to quit the 9-5 bullshit and go back to Uni.

Still so much time to do whatever m8

Nigga, I'm going to be a first year freshman at 26. I was in the military before this wasting my fucking life.

If I could go back, I'd have gone to school at 18 and be done with it and have a degree by now. However, the free tuition I'm getting now is nice though

Me too but I started at 24. The discipline from the army will help you immensely in degrees with high work load. I'm in EE and the only people being better than me are the gifted "nerds" that built shit since childhood, come from engineer families etc. Feels good. Remember where you came from and finish this march.

>Got BS in time
>Now doing another to raise GPA
At least it won't take long, no more scholarship though.

Reminder that this whole "OH NO I'M 25 MY LIFE IS FLASHING BY" problem is only one if you plan to have kids.

35, finishing my undergraduate degree.

>20sfags view us as grandpas

>be me
>spent a couple of years in community college taking out prerequisites and GE classes
>started from the very bottom
>Just turned 28 in July
>transferred to Cal Poly Pomona
>Will start classes in September
>computer engineer

I'm gonna be the grandpa, aren't I?

>be a CompSci graduate
>tfw I should just choose math instead of falling for the memes
>tfw I fucked up the last 4 years
>tfw had studying convex optimization and analysis in the summer
>tfw I want to kms

Lol

I need to cap this post and read it every time I'm /feeling/ sorry for myself...

Keep your head up friend.

5 years of CC, here.

transferring into ChemEng. I had to stay a minimum of 2 since I needed to finish the Chem 1,2, and Ochem 1, 2 sequence, which happened to conflict with the math classes I also needed, so I had to stay an extra year. Then I took a year off to work, then I find out this year that my Calc 2 class didn't transfer, even though I was told it would by counselors, and assist.org.

So that's 5 years, the latter where I'm just taking one fucking class for the whole year, since I can't do a spring transfer. At least I'll have some money saved up. I'll be 24 or 25 by the time I get my fucking ChemEng BS.

34 year old undergrad in CS here.

>convex optimization
>analysis
>hard

That's probably gonna be me too, if I don't get fucked over and actually start university in spring. I'm 20 now, going to be 23, possibly 28 when I'm done (that's if I decide to go for a master's and PhD).

>tfw there are people who got their PhD at 20 yo

World ain't fair, man.

It took me 5.5 years to get a bachelor in electrical engineering.

Damn son, that's a while. What were you, working full time or something? Where did you study? Do you have a job now?

no work.

studied at a shit school.

no job but I could probably get one

Thank you user. I try to. I feel lonely.

I'll be 34 when I finish my bachelor's in chemistry. Work and kids make it difficult to take many classes.

I graduated with two BA's in math and econ at 21, summa cum laude. Then wasted 4 years in a PhD program and got kicked for lack of research progress, no degrees or anything to show for it, just a lot of depression and anger.

not hard but I had to study them in the summer where i could go grab some money working part time for a software company. money wasted.

Thanks man, I'm really interested in engineering myself.

I'm just stressing about all the basic math classes since it's been so long since I was in a classroom. I've forgotten everything. And I mean everything.

I'll be 34 when I get my BS in EE.

Spent a decade as a career line cook before I finally escaped.

Not fucked up where i live in the slightest..
In my country there is conscription, so people who get a bachelors usually get out of college at 25 years old.

>didn't care about science in school, where I had no obligations and tons of free time
>still didn't really care when I went to college and lacked the motivation to study

>now that I finally have the motivation I get a painful and limiting illness, would also have to get a job to pay for college

I wish I could go back in time.

I graduated at 25, went into college at 20, almost 21. Getting an entry level job in engineering took me about 2 weeks. Shit is boring but the pay is okay. Just don't give up guys.

23 turning 24 here, still working on diploma for comp sci/software engineering (it's under a different name in this tech institute I go to)

My mother just finished her Psych Nursing degree at 52. When she was 18 she was doing great but as she always said to keep me from feeling like shit for still not having a degree: life gets in the way.

>still feel like I fucked up tho

I'll be 24 or 25 as well.

Did 3 years at CC, starting mech engineering next month at a university.

Whatever, man. Four years of lost time can be made up for if you have the talent and work ethic.

>tfw I'll be turning 87 in September

Is it too late to finish my compsci degree? I started when I was 18 but I dropped out to become a hippie.

chris

>achieving things earlier in a sign of success

>26 years old
>was walking on campus yesterday to talk to an adviser
>passed all these super young looking kids
>realized I'll be the old man in a class of mostly children

Holy fuck, and they'll all most likely be ultra liberal as well

>achieving things at all is a sign of success

Loving
Every
Laugh

it doesn't really matter as long as you weren't working at mcdonalds or something for 5 years. my FEA professor was a high school dropout who started in a machine shop being a meat robot.

going to college as an older guy fucking rocks. two words.

DADDY. ISSUES.

Yikes, they didn't even give you a masters?

>haha already wasted my best years doing stupid shit can't wait to finally start college so I can go chase some tail wish me luck
Grow up.

It is.

I either means you had the ability to advance rapidly or the drive to network and find work arounds.

>discouraging people from making the best out of a situation

c'mon man.

The "best" isn't doing dumb 18 year old fratboy shit.

Why couldn't I have had an interest in something productive since I was young? I feel like I was not conscious all that time. Wasting time with video games and shallow internet browsing.

Is going to college as an older guy something you already did?

yeah. i finished last year. i wasn't really expecting it tbqh. most of the girls approached me.

fo realz tho i'm starting chem 1 this year at 29 and i can see all these horny girls just awkwardly trying to be cute and desirable. they have no idea the power their pussies hold.

user im a 27 yr old college sophomore, you're doin fine

damn bro..
I feel for ya man,
im from a town with a major drug problem,
a lot of my friends ended up getting hooked on meth in high school

just stay strong, remember that there will always be people who care
find whatever work you can, find a place to live, just keep trying

I know you can succeed user

dont worry about the math, I was in the exact same situation last year. all it took was a little review of trig functions and it all came right back to me.
I started straight into calc 2, just treat class/homework like PT and you will do fine

>87
>hippie

try harder m8

thats what i expected too, but honestly it isnt that bad, you will be surprised how many 25+ freshmen there are

I'm in grad school at 26 and I have a girl in my cohort who is 21. Wish I had started grad school at 21.

I was a hippie before hippies were cool, or even existed. Not gonna lie it was very lonely and a poor life choice.

what are you studying user?

Nope. Go fish.

Psychology. It's gonna be tough but at least at the end I'll be a scientist.

CS

You're not 86

If indeed you are - timestamp your old deformed hand.

Zoology.

I really like animal science

Alright man here you go. Here is my hand as you can see it's old and gnarly and dessicated since I am a skinny old man with arthritis.

Very funny, guys, but I'm actually getting my master's in education.

>drop out of HS at age 16
>get GED
>enroll in CC
>start at fucking Intermediate Algebra
>three years later, wrapping up my AA and I've taken up to Calc 3 and Phy 2
>gonna transfer into a university CompSci program
>probably going to take another two or three years to finish the BS
Slow and comfy wins the race, user.

do you really think those two years make much of a difference, considering how old an average guy lives to be? come on man, stay rational.

Well how else would you get one, genius?

I don't know why so many people replied pretending to be me.

I actually am studying Psychology though. Won't go into the specific program because anonymity but it's based more on research, and grooming toward doctoral programs - which is fine with me as I was planning on going for my doctorate afterwards as is.

>28
>just finished precalc
>either doing math or comp sci
>dont care if it takes me till im 35 to finish undergrad
>fucking doing it
>nobody else in senpai educated at all

ive been homeless, addicted to fentanyl, meth, 20k in debt, no friends, no gf no car no anything fired from so many jobs.

all that matters is that you be better than yourself of the past and follow your dreams because youre going to die anyway so fuck it, do what you want. if you want an education in rigorous math based stuff even though you know you have a low iq and understand you might be the worst at it it doesnt matter because the version of you that knows science/math is better than the version who does not. assuming that's what you value.

>I really regret wasting three years of college in depression over some chick.

jesus, i wasted a semester over the same thing and i feel like the biggest loser in the world, i can't imagine wasting three whole years

I'm studying in a third world country

Ill be graduating at 28 so what 30-35 should be your best years anyway.

kek : )

youtube.com/watch?v=XRIyhsDHjjA
youtube.com/watch?v=WwvoHZ0Gf3U
youtube.com/watch?v=7ta8lSwPGdU
youtube.com/watch?v=dVfnd5r8bM0
youtube.com/watch?v=T3L7KblM5Zc

>2 years.
more like 4 years

Post more - someone posted k-39 before, it's awesome - I need more. CBA to find music myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=PZbkF-15ObM

>graduating at 24

it sounds old but it's really just 5 years and having a summer birthday

Ill be graduating at 23/24. I could have been done at 20 if i didnt fuck up

exactly in the same boat - wasted 2 years after high school.

Ye same here

Fuck them. All that matters to me now are molecules and shit

I did some uni, dropped out and sort of stuffed around for a year and a half. Worst decision ever but im glad I went back.

Is starting a 3- year euro bachelors in pure and applied Chemistry at the age of 22 considered /fuckedup/ here on Sci?

Just fuck my shit up senpai if you do consider it, I doubt I can feel any more lousy than I do right now.

Entered College at 17 yo.
Lost 2 years, and this is my third because I still didn't lost hope, my only problem is memory, I've always had shit memory, even my professors were wondering how I keep failing even though I'm really good in class and always perfect answers in class, and also good at practical stuff .

It breaks my heart, but I'm still holding

I really do not see, what you fucked up here. Please explain in detail.

Eh, if it's only a bachelor you're doing, you're fine. Unless you fuck up of course and take longer than that to finish and find a job.

Most likely I wont fuck up, I have full focus on my studies now and hope I can continue on with a masters.
Also I have started to feel a lot better now thanks to my gf, and getting to move in with her while we both study only a few miles from eachother will make me much happier.

>ED at 16 and had 2 years at a community college before getting addicted to heroin. Of
You went to Mount Sac.

>tfw been in college for 6 years
>still have at least 1 1/2 years to go

Lel me too,
Wew i went into med school

Are you me? 24 here.

Serious question.

How would graduating at 25/26 with a shit record affect your academic carrer, i.e. getting admitted into a graduate program in a top university? Is there any hope left? Suppose there were a lot of personal problems involved.

Come on now, the admissions office is made of human beings right? I realize they don't want to be hearing about sad stories all day since the programs may be very competitive, but they would somewhat empathize, right? Or am I wrong?

you're wrong nigga

gpa 5 (credit average) or you arent getting over the fence

>mfw gpa 3.0 at the end of first year
>graduating with 6.0

made it

work part time while studying

I wonder how someone who started college at 40 feels reading this thread.

what do you mean