Recent Purchases

I fell for the meme. Which one should I read first?

>they're not the same height

That really triggered my autism.

Ha. I will sit here and imagine the mental pain you will have sorting the novels out.

Just take scissors, cut some off the top and some off the bottom of the recogs and you probably won't lose any of the text and then they'll be the same height.

>dat taskbar

The Recognitions, obviously.

Though really if you wanted a quick Gaddis book to feel the guy out with before jumping into a doorstop, you should've gotten Carpenter's Gothic.

You should read these first

I Chose Rotten Gin
Oi Chittering Ones
The R I Coons Ignite
Ten Echoes Rioting
The Onion Crest G I A
Those Niger Conti
The Tiger on Sonic

WHY THE FUCK WOULDNT THEY JUST MAKE THEM THE SAME HEIGHT? SURE IT WOULD CUT DOWN ON THE PAGE COUNT BUT WHO CARES? MINES ALREADY IN THE POST FOR CHRISTSAKES. I FEEL LIKE FUCKING PUKING NOW. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>carpenters gothic
>gaddis lite
>anyone with working eyes
>nothing said about the book

and I bet you felt knowledgeable making that recommendation too. there should be laws.

To make things worse, J R has almost no margin whatsoever on the sides. If it was the same height as The Recognitions it could've had normal margins.

What level CFA (if it is the CFA curriculum) is that in the background?

Reading through those books was the most tedious thing I have ever done - luckily I passed.

>J [space] R

Oh Gaddis, you clever bastard

Freedom of speech does not exclude pretending.

500 pages into it he put in a bunch of anagrams for The Recognitions and used some choice quotes from its original (mostly negative) reviews. The lad was as much of a shitposting memer as Joyce.

Level 3 (from 2013). They make great monitor stands.

And yeah studying for the CFA was a bitch. I'm a terrible procrastinator, too, so every time I left it for the last moment and put in ~140 hours in the week before the test.

found bed at goodwill for a dollar
bought the other two from tao lin's website
thesaurus was a dollar also.

How much are you earning now m8?

Was it worth it?

Debating enrolling in L2 after I finish university.

c'est bien but i cant be bothered to take pictures

Gorgeous hardback edition. I read this in spanish (my native language) a few years ago, and loved it so much that now I want to go for the real thing. One of my favorite novels of all time, period.

I'm a NEET in my dad's basement.

Dream of the red chamber
Book of Songs
Tibetan folktales

Anthology of latin poets
Voyage to Faremido & Capillaria

King Lear
Henry IV.

Not bad for 7 dollars

shame it's penguin so it will be poorly translated and fall apart after one read

Kek

Got my copy of J R
haven't started it
should I get recognitions? will printing stop?

yes

Now look here Jack, I know believing and shitting are very different things but you oughta take a laxative, get some of that there agapē out of your gap.

I don't get it

I'm sorry

It's like junior but it's not.

this just arrived from Amazon

all of those are the recognitions, aren't they? did gaddis write that stuff?

Where do I get these?
I tried the Dalky website, but I couldn't find a section to buy these.

Maybe it's a joke cause J R is the Junior to The Recognitions.

Amazon, bookdepository, probably your local bookstore.

Dr. Onion Crest, I'm G I A

It's a gag from late in J R. They're all titles of fictional books and each one comes with a blurb excerpted from actual reviews of The Recognitions. He barely even changed the reviewer's names.

And yeah, all of them are anagrams for The Recognitions.

That's a big book.

New grabs from my local half price books visit with the fiancé

She got several kids books and Campbell's China Report

Have fun with that

I hear all of those NYRB titles are top-notch. Can you comment on any of them? Have you heard of Ivy Compton-Burnett before now?

Never heard of Capek before.

I cannot comment on any of them past the Slynx being dystopian, by the great grandniece of Tolstoy, and being verrrry cool on the pages i flipped through and from the idea

Capek is an early Czech modernist author who wrote in the early 1900s. I had never heard of him until now, but i'm hype for that early modernist game

That's cool. I'd stumbled on Totempole through some mindless recc-surfing on GR; and Ivy C-B came up in a Gaddis interview I read a while ago. I'm sure all of these are going on my list of "names/titles which I've heard about—in passing—and will (hopefully) eventually read."

capek is a trivia mainstay for coining the word "robot" in his play RUR

I picked up these cute little things at a book gallery for $40.

I do gud? Which should I read first? I was thinking id read the historical works in chronological order.

Infinite Jest.
Atlas Shrugged.
Catch-22.
American Psycho.
Notes From Underground.
All Quiet on the Western Front.

Thoughts?

Will post a stack pic when they all arrive (only have Infinite meme right now).

memed

no, you bought old translations for $7 each
you're an idiot

Well that's friggin neato