What is the most interesting/weird Veeky Forums related phenomenon you've read about? Give me some fucked up shit

What is the most interesting/weird Veeky Forums related phenomenon you've read about? Give me some fucked up shit.

Entanglement and double slit experiment for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/news/fearful-memories-haunt-mouse-descendants-1.14272
youtube.com/watch?v=WQPKxHBt83Q
abc.net.au/news/2016-08-19/why-zebra-finches-sing-to-eggs/7766036
youtube.com/watch?v=w-I6XTVZXww
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Probably that mouse experiment where they shocked a mouse and exposed it to a stimulus then exposed the mouse's baby to the same stimulus and it froze up despite never having been shocked.

nature.com/news/fearful-memories-haunt-mouse-descendants-1.14272

Tennis racket theorem
youtube.com/watch?v=WQPKxHBt83Q

Sonoluminescence

There are programming languages where there are no loops!! But you can still do whatever you want with them! Blew my mind.

t. CS major

1+2+3+4=-1/12

Assembly?

MATLAB you usually shouldn't use a for loop

that;s pretty fucking cool, makes sense because mice breed fast and die quick so genetic memory can't wait a couple of generations to manifest in order to be useful

Not him, but something sorta similar has been seen with zebra finches singing to their eggs when the weather is hot and it changes the chicks development.

abc.net.au/news/2016-08-19/why-zebra-finches-sing-to-eggs/7766036

brainlet

A multiverse where some of the universes have completely different axioms.

loops are easy in assembly

youtube.com/watch?v=w-I6XTVZXww

How the fuck can he just move the numbers places like that in step 2 and still call it the same sequence? Any mathfag elaborate on this?

There's some discussion in the comments but I wanna hear it from Veeky Forums.

The series 1-1+1-1+1-1... doesn't converge to 1/2

You get the -1/12 answer if you assume it does, but it's not mathematically true. It's just an approximation that's useful in some applications.

Don't be tricked by memes

I learned that electricity 'moves' faster than the speed of light. If you had a lightswitch wired to a lightbulb on the other side of the world, it would light instantly.

It simply HAS to be metamorphosis. Caterpillar to butterfly, tadpole to frog etc.

Theoretically every living thing has the possibility to metamorphose.......

Maxwell's demon is fucked up
But yeah, double slit is also fucked up

But really the fact that if I push on a solid object, my hand doesn't pass through the object but exerts a force on it instead

Also light is color

Gravity affects time

Everything is pretty fucked up desu m8s

Pretty sure that would violate causality m8.

I experimented in your mom's slits

Those bands of empty reflective spaces across the road that appear when you're cresting a shallow hill or going over an uneven portion. What the fuck are those??? Why are there empty spaces in the road???????

Nobody ever talks about this.

Also I thought it was pretty weird the one day I discovered that you don't actually see motion. Rather your brain just mentally pieces together images that are stored in it in memory to form a cohesive seeming series of events.

>Those bands of empty reflective spaces across the road that appear when you're cresting a shallow hill or going over an uneven portion. What the fuck are those??? Why are there empty spaces in the road???????
Are you talking about mirages?

The fact that the Riemann hypothesis might be proven by investigating the eigenvalues of a self-adjoint operator from quantum physics. I don't expect most of you to understand it.

The fact that's not prove indicates that mathematicians don't understand it either

is this where the whole descendants from holocaust survivors inherent their trauma meme came from?

bose einstein condensate

1) Cherenkov radiation. Light slows down in a medium, but particles can move faster than it. There's a breaking (as in like a car break) that emits photons characteristic to the medium. Easiest to see in nuclear reactors that use beta emitters, the electrons release blue light.

2) Casimir effect. Despite virtual particles have no uses for us and largely inconsequential, they do cause measureable forces on parallel plates.

3) Black radiosynthetic fungus growing in Chernobyl reactors.

4) White holes are black holes caused by an excessive amount of light. Light bends space-time, so it's consistent that enough light will cause a black hole. Unfortunately (or fortunately) they're unstable. I can't reference you a page, but the guy who wrote Geons, Black Holes, and the Quantum Foam worked out the math.

5) The magnetic force can be described by relativistic time dilation of the static force by moving charged particles.

6) Although CPUs are reaching physical limits, we could still get memory that's 100x denser than today.

7) A black holes mass is proportional to it's surface area, not volume. Additionally, their mass is added by pythagorean theorem, i.e. two 1 mass black holes combine to form a 1.414 mass black hole.

ya that's not true.