No hot sauce thread

>no hot sauce thread

Hot sauce thread
Fuck Crystal edition

What's wrong with Crystal? When you just need basic cheap louisiana type hotsauce it hits the spot.

Anyway what's the hottest, but still good tasting hot sauce available at a regular grocery store? El Yucateco is good but needs more heat.

Don't want something that is unbearably hot and tastes like shit though, already have some "universe's hottest hot sauce" but it's just bitter and shitty tasting, aside from being hot as fuck. I could handle the heat if it actually had a decent flavor though.

Anyway, El Yucateco a best, Pick-a-peppa mango a good (for certain things), Tabasco and Cholula a shit, Sriracha meh. Tapatio is boring too, similar to crystal but in mexican flavor niche in which case so much better out there (like el yucateco).

Picked up some Sontava habanero xxx on a lark, it's okay but needs more heat.

Just get the extra hot yucateco

I just tried sriracha for the first time few days ago. I expected a lot but I was a bit disappointed when i tried it. It's not bad, but it's not that good either.

Overrated meme sauce. Tapatio is much better.

What is/ck/'s opinion on hot ones?

I guess it's overrated, and it's not that spicy, but I really do like sriracha. It's great on eggs and amazing in pho.

Sean Evans is good, but they should stop putting so many niggers on the show

I watch every episode but it would be cool to get a wider range of guests. More musicians would be cool.

This

Sriracha is literally White People: The Hotsauce
It barely qualifies as a spicy sauce, which is probably why its so popular. Most people are huge wimps about spicy food.

It's fun to watch people slowly lose their grasp on reality
I liked watching the host eat a carolina reaper one time with that german guy. Funny as shit.

>not making your own lacto-fermented sauces

You guys are really missing out.

Recently discovered this stuff.

Where most hot sauces are like tobasco where they taste strongly of vinegar, this one tastes more like the flesh of East Indian hot peppers. It's also more like a jam made from the fresh pepper than a sauce so it needs quite a bit of mixing into whatever you're eating but damn does it taste good. It tastes so good that I went a bit overboard with it and did not have a fun time on the toilet.

>Sriracha is literally White People: The Hotsauce
Reminds me of that dude last year who almost sued a curry joint in the UK because he asked for something spicy and the waiter made a note "Spicy For White PPL" on the order. The man claimed it was extremely racist and portrayed Whites as too weak to eat spicy curry.

I'm not sure why you want a sauce that has more heat for every day use. It sounds like you are only trying to impress your internet friends.
Here's a tip: internet posters aren't really your friends. You just keep sounding off what you think makes you look cool, like "I'm so super tough, I only eat ghost peppers!"

*golf clap*

We love you user. Never change.

Stand aside plebs

Not him but why even have a hot sauce if it's not hot? Why just ketchup or something?

It's great but they should start with the stronger sauces. I love how his guests end up breaking their character and acting like real people. Riff Raff was hilarious. He just looked like a dumb weightlifter at the end.

I echo the user who said that he needs more guest variety instead of just rappers. But he probably has a limited pool of potential guests that he has to choose from.

that sounds delicious.

Anyone make caesars here? Been thinking of experimenting with hot sauces other than tabasco. They never taste spicy enough for me.

What am I suppose to put Tabasco on? Talk about spicy vinegar

The eps with Key and Peele, TJ Miller, Harley Morenstein and Eric Andre are KINO.

>Tfw yuropeen
>Tfw only 2oz tabasco available
>Tfw going to mad without the 'sco

Why the fuck don't we have more hot sauce options?

Lol sorry Euronon. That 5oz wasn't even the biggest one at the grocery store, they sell 12 oz and half gallon jugs.

Anyone else's local Walmart stop carrying everything besides Franks, Tabasco, Louisiana, Taco Bell, and Great Value sauces? Even the mexican section doesn't have good sauce anymore. I had to drive to a mexican grocery store 20 miles away to get Valentina Extra Hot. Bought several others while I was there but still, damn Wallyworld. Dafuq?

>I'm not sure why you want a sauce that has more heat for every day use
>Why do you want hot sauce to be hot lol

The best place to find most things these days is online.

>tfw no one mentions Ajvar, Ajika
Edumacate yourselves, git good. Make your own sauce

I PREFER CHOLULA FOR MY EGG PRODUCTS. ALSO THE CHIPOTLE TABASCO IS THE BEST VARIETY.

>inb4 balcan scum.
Nope, just credit where it is due.

Hey OP I have been wondering about that Cholula chipotle sauce. Any good? Thank you from a fellow co/ck/.

watch out pussies, god tier hot sauce coming through

seriously tho im a noob. loving sriracha rn, trying new hot sauces. from what i understand, sriracha isnt that hot. i like how it has a little sweetness.

my question is whats the next tier up? what should i try thats a little hotter but still a little sweet without burning my mouth? habanero sauces?

If you don't like the burning sensation, try horseradish based sauces. They add a kind of spicy sensation that doesn't overstay its welcome.

nono i do like the burning but i just wanna go one hotness level at a time. like wing places have a sxale of hotness. i like mango habanero so i might try some habanero stuff.

i have no idea how to tell the hotness of hot sauces

Look up "Scoville" on Google.

Tapatio is the god sauce. Actually has flavour.

hate how so many hot sauce bottles now come with the fucking nutritional info. I'd like to build up a hot sauce collection (to display next to my craft beer one) but the ingredients sort of kill the aesthetic

come to think of it, it probably won't be too long before they start doing it with alcohol too. better start buying up as many bottles/cans while I can

The Tommy Chong interview was hilarious.

maybe they should make reversible labels like they do with album covers.

I want him to interview Anthony Fantano.

It's the only Cholula saus I like besides original. It's very good

Best hotsauce

I wonder if anyone has tried their hot sauce. I'm intrigued by how it has pineapple in it.

I fucking love that sauce

Thanks for the recommendations. I trust you guys so I am going to get it.

>went to the chinese megastore
>bought large quantities of bird's eye
>dried and crushed some, made chili oil with others

absolutely delicious
I should try to make an actual sauce next time

I like Sriracha because it tastes like garlic. I literally don't find the stuff even mildly tingling.

i make a mango habanero pineapple sauce. Pineapple can add a nice taste but too much quickly overpowers it

I have an issue with sriracha, used to work in a kitchen and if you left your drink unattended for even just a few minutes your straw got filled with the stuff

Because I tried dozens of sauces and 'sco is the best.
To me anyway

Just use sichuan chili oil like a normal person, user. You're embarassing everyone.

What are some good foods for hotsauce?
Trying to expand my cooking skills and I love spicy foods, but the only things I can think of are:
Wings
Chili
Ramen

Eggs
Mac and cheese
Tacos
Fajitas
Every other Mexican/texmex food
Salads
Curry
Fried chicken
Almost all foods

That must have been unpleasant. Especially if the straws weren't clear

Tapatio > El Yucateco > Tabasco > Cholula > literally anything else > Shitracha

el yucateco isn't #1 because of the ridiculous amount of Lead in it

best hotsauce ever, coming through.
pic related, best hotsauce

Any of you guys have any idea how I can increase my spice tolerance? I can do some basic shit like Tabasco and memesauce fine but anything higher and my tongue just becomes overly sensitive. It gets to the point where it almost hurts to drink carbonated beverages or eat hot food

stop being a bitch

Sriracha? Pussy shit. 20% sugar too. WTF?

This is the dogs.

Fuck off. Really? No. Thought not.

Yeah but o they have one hotter than the xxx mayan recipe? Cause it's not hot enough, as much as I like it.

>Crystal extra hot
I'm actually curious, does it have any noticeable heat? Normal Crystal certainly doesn't but I like that sort of flavor on stuff like liver, just wish it had some sort of heat.

Loaded a crock pot of chili, add a few drops of every hot sauce I can find

3lbs ground beef + tomato sauce, and paste, chopped up 5 habaneros + 2 dragon peppers, 1 Carolina Reaper,
and then added brown sugar, Jalapeno sauce. Ghost Pepper extract, and this

My Anal Annihilator Chili is ready

I wish there were some means of developing a colonic resistance to capsaicin. Some spicy foods are just not even worth eating, despite how good they taste, because of having to later pass it.

I've got that stuff (in the pic) first time I used it I just dumped a bunch on scrambled eggs lol. By the end I was crying but I ate them anyway, wasn't about to waste muh eggs.
I also put it in soup or beans sometimes... Not too bad on my mouth, but it fucks my stomach up a bit lol.

That stuff has a shitty bitter taste though unfortunately.

Who /Belize/ here?

Those all look too tobasco-y but I do love some habaneros. Grew them one year in NYC and fuck those things are weapons grade.

It is quite a lot hotter than the normal, but it tastes incredibly distinctly of cayenne. It's not a flavorful hot sauce.

>Sriracha is literally White People: The Hotsauce

Even though it's fucking Asian.

Also, the Huy Fong brand is the only one that is mild. Try pic related. It's much spicier.

Wrong picture. I don't even know why I have that one saved.

>tobasco
Why do you retards struggle with this word?

Lee kum kee is based in general

won't fuck off and the rest of your post was ramblings of a madman

What's the best hot sauce for pizza or should I just stick to red pepper flakes

A few guests go right to the hottest sauce. It never ends well.

El Yucateco black and Sriracha

People who complain about the sweetness of sriracha obviously never had pic related.

Which is also one of my favorite hot sauces.

Is orange Krush any good?

Hot sauce is garbage that you only use because the food you eat is tasteless crap and you need to drown out any semblance of flavour.

It's nice not being a white boi living in the shitty inner city any more, but it sucks that so many of these obscure hot sauces I used to pick up at the local grocery stores simply aren't available out in the suburbs.
By the way, is Frank's Red Hot considered a meme sauce? I think it's got a good flavor, seems like something Veeky Forums would hate though.

Goes great with fried/poached eggs on toast

ok

Frank's is fine but it barely qualifies as a hot sauce. I still like it

copped a bottle of this for $1.79 the other day

seems like a tasty hot sauce that i can afford to drench shitty foods with

you know what, i've wondered about that myself.
could someone finally answer that?

Are you me? They just started carrying it at a freshco near me, it's absolutely delicious

this is not a fucking competition

this has already been decided threads ago

The black label is better.

Hey ck, grabbing a couple bottles of hot sauce in a bulk online order. Habaneros are my favorite both in heat and flavour, any suggestions?

Marie's is way better than Tabasco.

It's much less watery, thicker, better flavor.

this
2nd from the right is the only one I've had, but it's delicious.

this stuff tastes like cholula but has more heat, not to mention how cheap it is

How about for people who want heat instead of vinegar? Tabasco is only good on eggs.

i never knew they sold colored vinegar

Been hunting around for a long time now. The basic breakdown is this: you have your watery-salt-vinegar camp (anything Tabasco based) and your thicker-super-garlic-then-heat camp (Sriracha and the rest). There's no store bought option, really. You want--like I want--the consistency of Sriracha or a ketchup, without all the garlic, but maximum heat. You also don't want a salt-overload vinegar water thing that you're supposed to "spread" on something. It comes down to DIY, because there is no middle ground. Either garlic-hot or water-vinegar-salt.

So here's my suggestion. Find a hot salsa that you like, then add powdered cayenne and serrano peppers accordingly. With the thickness? Check. Vinegar-salt overload? Nope. Heat? Hell yeah. Too hot? Add diced tomatoes. Too mild? Add more serrano/cayenne. Sambel Oelek is another alternate base....I also like to start with Mae Ploy sauce for a sweet and sour twist. But really, store-bought, you're limited to salt-vinegar and garlic (and also possibly hot)...store bought is kind of a starting point.

Veeky Forums has always had a reputation as one of the more stupid boards.

Fuck, Marie Sharps is one of the last majors Ive never tried. I want to import a box of those from America.

Don't mind me just being the best quality chili sauce available

Not that, the XXX that's in OP's picture next to the Tabasco.