What work from today will still be read in 1,000 years?

What work from today will still be read in 1,000 years?

Hamlet
King Lear
Paradise Lost
The Divine Comedy
Infinite Jest
Faust
In Search of Lost Time
Illiad/Odyssey
Gravity's Rainbow

Chris Chans ED page

The Greeks

I'm unironically convinced that Infinite Jest will be among these in about 50-100 years just because it reflects our current time period so well. As writing quality and care for plot deteriorates as today's millennials inevitably bastardize education, on the off chance that civilization is still around in 1,000 years I think Infinite Jest will be read to reflect on the many absurdities of people in this time with regards to entertainment, constant stimulation, addictive behavior, etc. This is the first era in human history with such an extreme emphasis on entertainment and stimulation and I think it will be studied.

Haruki Murakami

Tao Lin

This thread.

Houellebecq

Probably some shit like this.

He might be caught in the transition point, since Gen Z will make 90s seem like carriage riders. The new generation are cyborgs pretty much

The AI gods who devoured us will read Nick Land and laugh.

There won't be anyone around to read anything in 50 years.

>implying those who can read and write won't be killed

>work from today

You have just opened a well of shameful nostalgia. I am now watching a video of a sardonic millenial watching Chris Chan videos. Fuck.

my dairy desu

harry potter

We're not reading anything from 1016 now. Why do we think that 3016 will be reading anything from now?

This is almost a good question if u weren't such a faggot

>in 1000 years people will still read

Honestly they might be.

Yes we are, we are still reading the bible, and homer, and shakespeare. 1,016 was not that long ago.

>Shakespeare

but the g-greeks...
they'll download the whole text and be able to process a 1000pg work in less than a second along with all art criticism on it that ever has been written

As a millennial I think IJ most accurately captures the zeitgeist, but only so much as to put it on the same level as American Psycho. Also, ignore my opinion because I'm a millennial.

Atlas Shrugged

user's Collected Shitposts.

>Infinite Jest
lol

>poured tooth paste between pages 709 and 710
>called that bitch Infinite Crest

David Foster Wallace
William Vollmann
Tao Lin
Jonathan Franzen

Pretty sure if people are still around in 1000 they won't know how to read at all, with dysgenic fertility at an all time high and natural selection undone by welfare health. Cancer no doubt will continue to strike the young, and reading pinnochio or harry potter will be an act of sublime erudition. Probably humanity has three or four shit centuries left.

sicp

witnessed.
and perhaps this.

Neuroaestheticsare just around the corner m8s

Not sure if this is bait or if you're pseud to this fucking extent.

These

Tale of Genji
stuff by Avicenna

Niggers cant read.

A Norwegian In The Family

No one's going to be reading Franzen in 50 years. He was never anything more than a passing fad.

>Relax don't do it
>When you want to go to it
>Relax don't do it
>When you want to come
>Relax don't do it
>Wen you want to come
>When you want to come

Nor fuck with Jesus. Too bad the world will be muslim unless the chinese do something about it

Those books were before that date. Read the thread title again and see what the person you were responding to you meant.

>in 1000 years people

George Orwell's 1984
H G Wells Time Machine

> natural selection undone by welfare health

No, you dip. If anything inheritance slows the process of natural selection but in any case there's no degeneration.

Archived Veeky Forums, found on an ancient hard drive during an archeological dig of "The Great Crater". This will be the basis of their entire misunderstanding of 21st century culture from this single surviving source.

Please this. Oh my lawd pls this.

Post the epub pynchas. We'll read it if you post it

as far as misunderstandings go, it could be worse desu
reddit

Safarnama, The Tale of Genji, The Pillow Book, Decretum Burchardi, Leningrad Codex

>tfw our descendants mistake baneposting as a legit religion/form of art and is revived in a new movement

>People will be learning about baneposting in history classes

No you won't lol. Don't lie to the poor bastard.

You know what, you're right

Neo-banism becomes trendy among adolescent pseudo-intellectuals in universities circa the year 3000.

Not that anan, but what do you mean? Ive been worrying about this stuff for a while, care to explain to a clueless user?

>implying the human race will still exist in 1000 years
>implying that even if it was, people would still be willing and able to read books

Reading will be an antiquated, extinct process and only mentioned in passing in psychic-downloads for those whose occupations require some familiarity with the concept. Humanity will be a completely image based culture that will use augmented brain technology to transmit inormation and feelings. Speech will be seen as primitive and shameful

I've never read the book, but I might consider reading because of what you said. This is the first time someone has ever gotten my thoughts of this generation 100% correct. We live in a society of constant pleasure. Thanks user

Get out of here.