Are there any theorems in mathematics which we haven't been able to verify yet?

Are there any theorems in mathematics which we haven't been able to verify yet?

The 1-ugly-gook-per-day hypothesis remains an open question.
Will you post this same bitch every day?

All theorems are proved by the definition. You're thinking of conjectures.

Cute girl.

>girl

>we

The hell, reverse image search only gives Veeky Forums thread. Omg, OP is a stalker fag.

came to say this

Nah, technically a theorem is just a consequence of the axioms. You just can't call it one until you know it is one.

is that a dude

It's a girl. A cute one. If I must guess, Taiwanese.

UN here. Taiwan isn't a country.

"theorems that we haven't verified" are called conjectures or hypotheses. two that come to mind are Riemann Hypothesis and Jacobian conjecture. google Smale's or Hilbert's problems.

a theorem is an important (subjective, only to differentiate from proposition), true (consequence of axioms) statement with a complete proof (valid, rigorous, accepted)

>a theorem is an important (subjective, only to differentiate from proposition), true (consequence of axioms) statement with a complete proof (valid, rigorous, accepted)

Learn some mathematical logic, a theorem does not have to be "accepted" to be a theorem. Are you a philosophy fag?

what does logic have to do with language? the widespread, usual use of the word "theorem" in mathematics is for an important result with a complete and accepted proof. that's how all mathematicians I've met use it. if your experience is different, do tell where they talk like this so I know.

"every theorem of intuitionistic logic is also a theorem of classical logic"

Like every term in mathematics, the word "theorem" is commonly used for multiple quite different things. One of them being the one you describe, another one being relative to formal logic, and there are probably yet others I didn't think of.

NP = P

>what does logic have to do with language?

Logic is language, more specifically a programming language.

The abc theory

mods start deleting these threads

every day its the same gross ladyboy mug that makes me throw up with some inane bullshit vaguely related scientific question

P + N * (P - 1) = P

N * (P - 1) = 0

N is 1 and P is 1

1*1=1

>what does logic have to do with language
What the fuck user. Explain this shit right now, or dont talk to me, or my pet robocockroach ever again. This is not okay.

Theorems can never be proven.

Yea gravity

And the fact we cant take pictures of jupiter because muh radiation bulllshit

bad phrasing, you know what I meant. is the kind of answer I was expecting

Wrong, it is known that P=0, but what we want to know is N=?

Many smart people have made guesses like N=1, or N=7, someone once said N=pi, but no one can prove it. Thus it's unsolved.