Who has some good fucking zero/low Carb Thanksgiving ideas?

Who has some good fucking zero/low Carb Thanksgiving ideas?
I know that making this post will invite the usual autism, but a low carb diet is the tried and true method of diet control for me.
I know some co/ck/suckers here abstain from carbs, so share your favorite recipes that you've distilled from the buttload of shiftiness out there.

PS, sorry, I'm drunk.

Other urls found in this thread:

annavocino.com/category/recipe-box/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>step 1. turkey
>step 2. nothing else

turkey
ham
brussel sprouts
mashed cauliflower
gravy
creamed spinach

Roasted broccoli. One of my favorite things.

Thanks. Let me clarify: I can shove a can of beer up a turkeys ass and smoke it all day. The main course isn't the deal. I love poultry and I love cauliflower faux-mashed Potatoes. I'm looking for low carb, low sugar recipes for the season that my most respected board has in hiding

Roasted cauliflower is one of my favorite things. Tell me how roasted broccoli compares, I've only steamed, boiled, or baked in a casserole

Gravy without flour or starch; how do you make it amazing?

"Just boil the sauce down until it is the thickness you want. Consider whether you really care about the carbs in flour. One tablespoon of flour will thicken a cup of gravy, and adds 6 grams of carbohydrate. So ¼ cup of gravy thickened with flour has about 1½ grams of carbohydrate."

even when doing keto you can still consume a max of like 50g of carbs a day and still stay in ketosis. you can handle a little gravy

I love that. Fits with my Grammy's gravy recipe, what is why I'm pretty sure my wife married me. You're a good man

Toss the broccoli florets with olive oil, salt, pepper and slivered garlic. Roast in an oven at ~425F or on a grill if you have something like pic related. You want to roast until there's just a bit of char on the florets. You need to watch it carefully because the next step after this is burned.

It should have a little crunch on the outside, tender in the middle. I much prefer it to cauliflower. I'll eat cauliflower, but I just find it a bit mealy.

I don't keep low carb but when my mom makes roasted broccoli at Thanksgiving, I don't really have any interest in the other starchy vegetables because it's so good.

I should add delicata squash roasted the same way is very good, too. Has a natural sweetness you won't find in other winter squash. It's 9g carbohydrate/cup raw, I don't know if you consider that low or not.

umm fucking turkey

Cauliflower and broccoli, let your imagination run wild.

> Fits with my Grammy's gravy recipe, what is why I'm pretty sure my wife married me.

so boiling gravy to appropriate thickness and possibly adding flour strongly reminds you of gam gam and brought you the love of your life?

Yes. Please read the details of the OP and see if anything applies to you.
That sounds just great. Cauliflower is used so much through low carb recipes. I feel like I'm bordering on meme-food when I use it, especially when I've considered broccoli only good for steaming or casseroles. I'll definitely try roasting like that.

the only other details left out were about keto diet

am I missing something?

was she bulking?

annavocino.com/category/recipe-box/

Surely you can find something here.

NSNG: No Sugar No Grains FTW

Instead of mashed cauliflower, do a cauliflower gratin using cheese of choice, heavy cream, cauliflower. Watch the water content, and use some herbs or nutmeg or whatever you want to make it pop. If you want a "crust" or crunchy thing on the top, then use some finely chopped nuts (but don't turn them into dust). Almonds or pecans would be my choice, avoiding most fatty nuts.

I thought you could almost do green bean casserole, but the creamed part would be difficult. Because you can actually crisp up some finely sliced onion pieces with just salt, oil, and onions and a medium onion has 10g of carbs. You could also top your cauliflower with fried onions.

Bacon wrapped asparagus or bacon wrapped scallops or bacon wrapped fish or bacon wrapped whatever the fuck meat you want just wrap it in bacon.

A nice cheese plate featuring cured meats, cheese, and dill pickles. Vinegared eggs or whatever else.

Deviled eggs. I make these a lot when I've done low carb, and they're very easy to do(make homemade mayo if you're concerned about sugar content in store bought).

Crab dip. Diced crab or fake crab, mayo/sour cream/cream cheese/whatever, and then however you wanna dress it up (homemade mayo, vinegar, mustard, whatever).

That's all I've got right now. I'll come back if I can think of something else.

Check the podcast 2keto dudes they have an episode on this precisely

Not him, but gravy is pretty low-carb now that I think about it. I mean... a cup of gravy has half the carbs as a cup of milk (12g), after all.
A quart/litre of homemade poultry gravy will need between 32-48g of flour (IE carbs) to prepare and makes at least eight servings of gravy. That's only 4-6g of carbs per serving, depending on how dark you like your gravy (darker means more flour means more carbs).
That ain't so bad, really, considering that, IIRC, most low-carb diets don't force its adherents to abstain from all carbs, always but rather to limit carbs to between 20-60g per day, depending on the dieter's needs.

If you have cheesy scrambled eggs with bacon at breakfast, a low-carb wrap for lunch (to keep room for TG dinner), then roast turkey and gravy with cauliflower mash, stewed collards, sautéed mushrooms and succotash for the big chow-down, that's 1 carb at breakfast, only about 8 carbs at lunch and 45 at dinner. You'd be at the upper end of the permissible range, but at 54 total carbs for the day, it ain't bad, right?
Or am I misremembering the silliness behind low-carb dieting?

>a cup of gravy has half the carbs as a cup of milk
Sorry, I meant a /serving/ of gravy has half the carbs.

Here in American's Poland no holiday is complete without kielbasa

>unironically following a meme diet

Water, you fat fuck

Turkey
Gravy (I use xantham gum as a thickener)
Creamed spinach
Green beans cooked in butter
Pumpkin cheesecake made with stevia
egg nog with almond milk instead of regular
pumpkin chipotle soup
cheddar biscuits (take fathead pizza dough, swap out mozz with cheddar, top with garlic butter; those these are pretty calorie heavy)
Straight liquors have 0 carb if unflavored

t. lost 30 pounds in 3 months and still continually losing
Mom had gestational diabetes when she was pregnant with me so it's better I stay away from sugar anyway. Stay below 20g NET carbs per day and do fine, rice/mashed potato/etc taste kind of bland to me now, anyway.

It's good for those with insulin resistance/diabetes. I used to be constantly hungry, because insulin suppresses leptin ("feel full" hormone) now that my insulin is lower most of the time I can eat one meal a day and be good.