Help me become vegan Veeky Forums. What are some good starter recipes...

Help me become vegan Veeky Forums. What are some good starter recipes? I am tired of being addicted to meat and dairy products.

Looking for recipes that are high in the taste department, mainly because meat and dairy have that sway over me. But I want to get past the taste and move on. And I don't want to be the type that eats chips and oreos and call myself vegan.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/hotforfoodblog
ck.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=all
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Check for some curry recipes. There are loads of them for vegans and full of flavour.
If this doesn't help you, eat a dick.

I bet this is the same vegan that just rage quit from the other vegan thread.

I've had curry maybe a couple times in my life and it tasted like Indian shit fingers made it. I live in Fly Over Land, very rural area where curry ingredients are even hard to find, let alone not having any restaurants that have them. You'll have to be more specific.

No, but if you have any recipes feel free to share.

Spices are essential, that's the hardest part. Don't tell me you cannot find stuff like chickpeas, beans, cauliflower, carrots, courgettes, peppers, onions, sweet potatoes, tomatoes and garlic in shops nearby....if really not, don't eat at all and become breatharian...

gonna go ahead and take the bait here.

if you live in a rural area, don't you have space to plant food? just learn how to cook vegetables.

see if you can find some edible mushrooms

I've went mushroom hunting the past two years and came up hands empty. They must grow in the woods where I do not see. And I definitely look hard, multiples days across a couple months. I would love to find some morels... but as for the vegetables, my neighbors grow a large amount (I like to grow okra) of produce, but I am so used to cooking them with meats and cheeses I don't know where to start.

I don't want to get burnt out on these things. "Just learn how to cook vegetables" - this is why I am here, posting this thread. I know how to "cook" vegetables, but I don't know how to make them taste great in a meal without said meats and cheeses.

Finding them is not the hard part, it's making them into a meal that I can actually like instead of forcing myself to eat to be healthy. The spices are hard to find. I'm limited to Wal-mart and Kroger, very white.

Also I love this sauce, best jarred sauce.

maybe use more oil when you cook, to make up for the lack of meat/cheese. it's not going to be the same but try to adapt to eating more for survival /control than taste.

Soak chickpeas /beans/both overnight, boil them then until tender inside.
Finelly chop onions, garlic, giner.
Fry onions on few tablespoons of oil until little bit browned, add garlic and ginger, and tablespoon of each - garam masala powder, turmeric powder, sweet paprika, continue cooking for another minute max. Add chopped tomatoes, little bit of water, salt, pepper to taste, cook for another 30-45 minutes until thickened. Add chickpeas/beans/both, stir, heat through. Serve with basmati rice and enjoy.

This is the simpliest (not hot) vegan curry you can make. Try to experiment a bot with another veggies, mushrooms...make it more spicy, less spicy.

For some reason I don't see this working for me. Maybe I've just used too much oil in the past, but I'm a lot better at cutting oil down to right amounts.

Thanks for the recipe. I haven't really experimented with chickpeas besides a time when I made falafel. I'm also not the biggest fan of ginger, but I've probably used it wrong in the past and messed up its taste.

If you want the exact amount for like 4 portions, I can give them to you.

Absolutely, leftovers are great

It also depends how much you eat (when I cook meals without meat, I usually eat more)

Thumb size piece of ginger (finelly chopped, almost a paste)
8-10 cloves of garlic (finelly chopped, almost a paste)
2 big onions (can be also red ones)
2x400g tins of chopped tomatoes (don't use fresh, you will need a lot more and it will not be as good)
2 cups of dried chickpeas (red kidney beans can be used instead)
Spices are listed above in my previous post.

Optional: few bay leaves, few chilli peppers

Basmati rice as a side (a cup of dried rice will serve at least two people) - can be flavoured with lemon, kardamom, bay leaf..you can also add peas to it, so it will be sweet which goes well with the spicy curry.

This channel specializes in vegan recipes for people that are juts getting comfortable with becoming vegan:
youtube.com/user/hotforfoodblog

Right off the bat, I'd say get comfortable steam and roasting veggies.
Have oatmeal with almond milk + cinnamon/brown sugar &/or fruit/berries

Saute various veggies and cook some rice then puree everything in with some water + veggie stock or coconut milk for a vegan bisque/chowder.

Soaked cashews + lemon juice + garlic/onion powder + other spices + nutritional yeast (All Blended) = Fake Cheese Sauce.

Avocado is also your new butter.

are you concerned with health?

if not, you can make starter burgers easily. any bean + oats + water + chopped veggies + oil into blender. shape it and fry it.

im not much of a cook but minimalist baker is a good starting place. mostly vegan

also get nooch and sriracha or youre fake

>any bean + oats + water + chopped veggies + oil into blender
You need to leave

I'm not used to ginger, or chickpeas for that matter, so I will need to buy some. Hopefully they last. Thanks for your recipe.

I'm eating oatmeal right now, thanks for the recipes. The fake cheese sounds like something I could get into.

Yes, I'm concerned about my health. I have MS and I know my current diet is not good for my body. I will have to try these burgers, but I don't have a blender. I will need to remedy that.

>starter recipes
Semen, straight from the tap.

Have a curry.

You might also want to browse the board's archive
ck.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=all

Start easy. Look for really simple recipes (or create your own) using rice, brown rice, beans, quinoa, chickpeas, lentils, etc. Those are protein sources, although you'll have to mix and match sometimes to get complete proteins. Just Google "vegan complete proteins" and read into it. Like the user said above, too. Nooch or die. I'm delving more and more into oil-less and whole food-based foods, but keep in mind those take a bit more work and prep, but I'd recommend making dishes like that a few times a week. Oil is literally just useless calories and fat, so yeah.

McDougall has info on MS and recipes.

HELLO I'M VEGAN!