Is ground beef jerky actually good or is it a meme?

Is ground beef jerky actually good or is it a meme?

Also, do you use an oven or dehydrator to make your jerky?

Also, post marinade recipes

Like a lot of foods jerky varies a LOT in flavor/quality. The big mass produced brands are pretty shitty in my opinion. Some good homemade stuff or the stuff you get from a local butcher can be amazingly good.

>is it a meme

Can we stop with this? What the fuck does beef jerky being a meme even mean? Do you actually know anymore?

+1

here's a you

We don't want "Yous". We want people to stop using the word "meme" in such a silly manner.

>Is ground beef jerky actually good or is it a meme?
I guess if you had no teeth. But, if you aren't grinding beef yourself you could end up with some seriously bad and spoiled food. Just partially freeze your beef and slice it with a great sharp knife. A whole flank steak is easy mode, against the grain, freezes evenly, etc.

(you)

>ground beef jerky

I'm intrigued and confused. Isn't good jerky not supposed to have much fat in it?

grind your own

You don't grind beef jerky

No, it's supposed to be made from lean cuts. Fat can go rancid so it's best avoided.

Also, you don't have to use ground meat to make jerky. You can use whole cuts of meat just be sure to slice it thinly.

This is what was getting at.

I'm aware of the process. Made my own before but it was too expensive to do again.

Just wondering how ground chuck jerky would even taste with all that fat in it and lacking its chewiness.

Are (you)s a meme?

Well, jack links and everyone else makes a kind of composite of ground up jerky links. I don't know if the meat is shredded more than ground, but it's definitely processed and formed into those strip shapes. I don't like it. It's kind of a combination of sausage and jerky.

Well, ground beef is cheaper

Well memed friendo, upboat for u

CAN YOU PLEASE STOP MEMEING THIS HARD. ITS RIDICULOUS.

Theres a chinese "jerky" made from ground pork, made it myself a while back, that was good

These are pretty good and cheap. I'm sure it's mostly cow taint but whatever.

>We
Speak for (you)rself

(You)

Jerky is great on a low carb diet. I use it for snacking during a work day.

It's pricey but worth it. Just watch out, sometimes they put corn syrup in them which I can't stand.

>Buying jerky