Give me one reason slave-morality isn't the best thing for humanity

Give me one reason slave-morality isn't the best thing for humanity.

Hack fraud related

Enjoy your slavery

Give me one reason why it is.

Have you ever met someone who is shameless? They're not supermen. They're insufferable. Shame is the foundation of reflection. It is the only thing which tempers self-love and allows people to grow.

you mean the guy who lived alone, ate 25kg of fruit and couldn't get a girl to save himself doesn't have good opinions on how to live life?

shocking

I get the feeling you haven't read much Nietzsche.

I'd be genuinely interested to hear your take on it.

Nietzsche never suggested that you have no shame. Creating your own values does not mean that you have to be shameless, just don't have others impose upon you what your values should be. If your values align with the values of others, then good, we shall get along nicely. Feel shame, but only when you aren't being true to the values you set before yourself.

/thread

Op is fag

However Nietzsche appears to believe that self-contempt and mortification, which is figuratively the same as shame, are reprehensible. It's one of his major problems with Christianity. His dislike of passivity is also telling. Here's a relevant section from Beyond Good & Evil:

222. Wherever sympathy (fellow-suffering) is preached nowadays-- and, if I gather rightly, no other religion is any longer preached--let the psychologist have his ears open through all the vanity, through all the noise which is natural to these preachers (as to all preachers), he will hear a hoarse, groaning, genuine note of SELF-CONTEMPT. It belongs to the overshadowing and uglifying of Europe, which has been on the increase for a century (the first symptoms of which are already specified documentarily in a thoughtful letter of Galiani to Madame d'Epinay)--IF IT IS NOT REALLY THE CAUSE THEREOF! The man of "modern ideas," the conceited ape, is excessively dissatisfied with himself-this is perfectly certain. He suffers, and his vanity wants him only "to suffer with his fellows."

He calls suffering and mortification vanity without seeing his own satisfaction with the vanity of existence. He's chosen the principium individuationis over community because he is scared of suffering's proximity to fellow-suffering. This suffering is that Christian self-contempt, that shame, which leads to service and humility. His reversal of values and rejection of Christian virtue means that shame is off the table.

t. obsequious cuck

It is the best thing for MOST of Humanity, not ALL of Humanity.

If you read much by Nietzsche, even Thus Spoke Zarathustra, you'd know this. You can't have masters without slaves, and vice versa.

What Nietzsche argues is that those who can be Overmen, should not settle for anything less. Here is one of Zarathustra's more easily missed titbits:

>I walk among the people and I keep my eyes open: they do not forgive me that I do not envy their virtues. They bite at me because I say to them: small people need small virtues - and because I find it hard to accept that small people are needed.

Why should Supermen be shameless ? Christianity is based on shame and self-blaming, there's too much of it. That does not mean shamelessness is the new ideal. My Grandmother always told the kids they should not learn too much in school because it makes them conceited, which is shameful because "we are simple people".

Because it builds up ressentiment which leads to Trumps.

But Trump is great. He's going to scourge the niggers soundly.

Guilt is the sin, not shame.

genuine shame, humility and empathy are not good survival tools. There is a reason psychopaths succeed.

Even I felt that edge

lmao, not really. Nietzsche actually believed that self loathing was an important trait, sort of a fuel for self overcoming. In one of his letters he comments that he wishes upon his followers acute sickness and the pain of self doubt. One of his criticisms of the last man is that the last man cannot even hold himself in contempt.

It was more about the type of self loathing you had. If you're loathing yourself because you can't hold yourself to some arbitrary moral rule laid upon you by outside forces you are being an idiot. But if you loathe yourself for not living up to your own ideal of the type of man you should be, that may have some usefulness.

Is that Homer Simpson

>that may have some usefulness.

Yes.

It could also lead to a downward spiral.
Being able to believe in yourself is what you need, contempt being the shadow reaction.