I want to make pulled pork but i have a crockpot question

my mom says our crockpot used to have a pot inside of it but it cracked and broke so she no longer uses it.
now it is just a metal pot with a heater at the bottom and she says if works just the same without the inner pot. just put it on low.

i imagine this isnt the same, but since i dont know how a crock pot really works then i cant say it isnt. should i just cook it the way she says?

salsa chicken

It's probably fine

The inner pot is so you can take it out and clean it separately

ingredients
a big $21 thing of 'something beef brisket' that trader joes had thrown out
1/4 bottle of bbq suace,
steak seasoning, crushed red pepper.
how about also some chipotle seasoning or some powedered tumeric?
three carrots sliced into thin circles
a cut up red onion
six jalapenos
a clove of garlic. how about two cloves?

what do yall think?

No, it won't cook the same. The ceramic insert was not just a decoration. Buy a new crockpot, if you insist on using such a monstrosity. It'll set you back about $40.

how will it cook differently?

your mom is retarded, you'll blow a breaker and/or start a fire like that.

use a double lining of aluminium foil on the bottom if you absolutely insist on nigger-rigging this shit and line the rest of the crock pot with more foil.

or bake in in a covered pan at 275 for 4 hrs like a non retard

just get a new slowcooker. you can get one on amazon for like $12 that will cook your crockpot pulled pork without burning your house down.

it will have two settings, low and high (which is all you need for things you use crockpots for), and it will work fine for probably 5 years with moderate usage.

the crockpot won't work the same without the inner ceramic pot.

>how will it cook differently

I'm no meme cooking toy engineer, of course, but I suspect it has something to do with the heat diffusion properties of ceramic. When internal componets of eletronic toys break, you have to throw them away because for better or worse, they aren't worth fixing.

i threw it in a cast iron pot/lid combo in the oven at 275degF. i didnt sear the meat before pouring bbq suace, beer then veggies all over it. what difference will that make?

You cannot possibly be this stupid.

none at all, just continue to roast until forkable,and make sure to skim the grease, there will be at least a full cup or pork fat to remove

It's not fine. It won't hold heat the way the thick ceramic will. It will not heat evenly, and it will burn the bottom/edges.

Op just buy a new crockpot they're cheap as shit

I dumped in a bunch of steak seasoning in the pot. the beef now taste really salty. sooo... is there a shitload of salt in steak seasoning

never buy things labeled "x seasoning" just buy individual seasonings and make your own spice blends to taste.

i thought you were making pulled pork?

>$40
Hardly, new crockpots are $20-25 and you can find them at a thrift store for $10.

ok?

aluminiumin gives alzheimers

10/10

pulled beef, pulled pork, idk. I just wanted something to eat all the pickled veggies in the fridge with. how do I cut down the saltiness?

Chop up a potato and add it in, will absorb the salt

do i cook the potato first? do i finely dice it or leave it in chunks?