What does user think of War and Crime by Tolstoyevsky

What does user think of War and Crime by Tolstoyevsky.
One of the best Svedish novel in my opinion.

Wasn't Tolstoyevsky russian?

Back then Sveden was part of the Tsar empire.

>newfag summer redditors detected

Seriously fuck off. Dostoyevsky AND Tolstoy (two DIFFERENT authors) were RUSSIAN.

Dostoyevsky was the one who wrote Crime and Punishment and Notes from Underground (the latter detailing life of an /r9k/ robot)
Tolstoy wrote War and Peace.

You need to go back, fucking braindamaged normies. And you're wrong about Swedish history

Why so mad?

ironic shtiposting is still shitposting

>he hasn't read The Brothers Karenina
kek

Stick to your Terry Pratchet and George RR Martin, redditor scum.

This place is for intellectuals

get a load of this pleb.

anyhow, pic related is my favorite Tolstoyevsky work.

I also enjoy Anna Karamazov, beautiful prose and characterization

>Being this mad
Wow, I made a mistake, Tolstoyevsky was finnish non swedish, don't be this mad.

My favorite Tolstoevsky (how it's spelled in his native Denmark, which was part of the USSR at that time) novel is definitely The Death of Ivan the Idiot. Actually, on second thought, I thoroughly enjoyed War Crimes and Punishment, so maybe I could say that those are my two favorite books by him.

I highly recommend The Genius if you want to read some more of his works. Prince Ilyich is one of the greatest characters I've ever encountered in any novel I've read

is this oc

nah, we used to have Leodor Tolstoyevsky threads every so often. I snagged it from another Tolsto reader

How long have Tolsto threads been going on? I've been here for a while and this is my first time ever seeing one. Regardless, I think this is fucking hilarious.

My personal favorite of his is The Death of the Gambler, because it stopped me from reading past the first couple chapters of War and Crime.
The extravagance of the social hierarchy hides the ruse that we all believe we are indestructible and will never die.

Idk I've only seen a couple. I definitely want to design more covers, though.
Anna Karamazov
War and Crime
Demons (or The Devil)
Notes from the Diary of a Madman Underground
The Idiot Brothers
All with the penguin classics style cover

>This place is for intellectuals

Fucking kek

war and crime would be a great novel. like maybe it's about an impoverished fellow living in a sketchy neighborhood of a city currently under siege or occupation. he has to carry on being a petty thief to be able to survive while all around him people are being executed and stuff.

>You need to go back, fucking braindamaged normie

That's great, more pls

Diary of a madman is Gogol you imbecile

Wasn't it a novel from Lu Xun?

My favourite work by Tolstoyevsky has to be: What is to be Done? Another Man's Wife

Favorite Faulkville novel? Just started Sound and the Dick.

I prefer Melkner, Moby and the Fury was great

"Through the fence, between the curling flower spaces, I could call him Ishmael"

That guy who writes under the pen name of Roberto Pinchas should really take the mantle of Leodor Tolstoyevsky and write this fake novels.

Is this homoerotic?

Extremely

Melkner was one of those boys

What's the name of that Tolstoyevsky book that takes place entirely in a troika?

Peace and Punishment was better.
The Death of The Idiot Ivan is my fave, tho.

My favorite of his short works is The Underground Sonata.

Side note, does anyone here like Flauzac? Madame Goriot is a great realist novel that was a big influence on Tolstoyevsky.

It's Anna Karamazova and The Brothers Karenin. Get your genders right.

>Anna Karamazov
>Karamazova
>Notes from the Diary of a Madman Underground
>Gogol
>The Idiot Brothers
>Dosto-Dosto crosswork

Demon's Souls

HAHAAAAAAA LE FUNNYYYYYYY

Maybe reddit is more your thing.
Fuck off.

My favorite author is Johnest Hemmmeingbeck. "A Farewell to Grapes", "Of Mice and Old Men", and "The Sun also Rises on the East of Eden" remain to be favorites of mine

>mfw a pleb mentions they haven't read Ernest Joycingway's Farewell to the Artist as a Young Man.

>not A Moveable Wake

This thread is such a sausagefest so far. How about The Professor of Wildfell Heights by Chemilynne Bronte?