Why must I be a millionaire to afford this? Is there anywhere I can buy it for a more reasonable price?

Why must I be a millionaire to afford this? Is there anywhere I can buy it for a more reasonable price?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikihow.com/Make-Beef-Jerky
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>wanting to eat beef jerky
that shit is disgusting

and if you want it so bad be a man and make it yourself from scratch

now fuck off

make it yourself

This, it's surprisingly easy and you can experiment with different spices and marinades. Easy guides if you google them

dollar general and Walmart are about the only places left with reasonable prices
I still always just eat it instead of buying a meal just to offset the cost

Aldi has cheap jerky. Or order it online like I do. Big John's beef jerky is what I order. Great discounts after you've been with em a while.

I like to make soup with their jerky when I'm camping or hiking.

One time I ate a whole pound of beef jerky in an afternoon.
The next day, my urine was a reddish-brown color and I was freaking out because I thought I had blood in my pee.
Turned out that it was just some of the coloring shit that they used in the jerky.
I ruined several pairs of underwear because my piss was so full of dye that any little drop left on my dick would soak into my underwear and left a permanent stain I was never able to wash out.

Go to a gun show.
And punch the taser vendor.

Jerky is really easy to make even if you don't have a smoker. Just buy the most amount of beef for the lowest amount of money and make some jerky.

>that shit is disgusting

You've never had beef jerky.

make biltong at home

it's cheap and it tastes a lot better IMO

can you make it from tongue?

cheapest leanest cut i can think of

shut up cuck
I've taken more jerky than your mom but I know that too much of that shit is bad for your health so I quit cold turkey (jerky)

>I've taken more jerky than your mom

what did he mean by this?

Don't see why not.

He means he's 15 years old.

You just changed your position from "it's disgusting" to "I've had a lot and it's bad for your health".

here famalam
this looks easy enough
wikihow.com/Make-Beef-Jerky

No bush meat to be had in 1st world.

For whatever reason, Albuquerque flea markets sell tons of the stuff for pretty cheap

In reality, look up some cheap ways to make a dehydrator.
An aquarium heater and a small fan in your oven will suffice for jerky

>Why must I be a millionaire to afford this?
Meat is like 70% water so you need like 3 times fresh to make the same weight of jerky, also production costs and profit etc etc

make at home if it is absolutely essential to you

you can get pork loin strips for something like 1.99/lb and dehydrate those directly after marinating

did it a few times, always ended up eating the whole batch as soon as they were done

Because the price of beef.

Go to Sonora, Mexico. Sent twenty bucks to a relative to bring me some. He brought back 5 bags the size of a xl jerky bags at the store. It's actual jerky though, tough and sun dried. The taste was amazing though

I'm marinating beef to make jerky right now. Soy sauce, orange juice, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic and ginger - didn't measure, just mixed until it tasted right. Tomorrow I'm going to skewer the pieces and dry them in the oven. Rib steaks are cheap right now so I gotta take advantage.

Too much makes your teeth hurt anyways. Accept it as a luxury.

You can get a half decent food dehydrator on ebay for less than $30.

Sucks to be priced out of the market, doesn't it?

You will never drive a Porsche either.
You will never own real estate.
You will never have a girlfriend.

Adopt a therapy dog. Life is really, REALLY hard. Sometimes its hard to deal, and you just need a hug.

>unironically being this plebeian
There is no hope for you in life.

Traditional meat preservation methods are often more expensive than buying fresh or frozen because of the processes involved.

>it is cheaper now to just freeze/refrigerate shit than to salt it/smoke it

what a time to be alive, lads

t. Someone who knows nothing about curing/smoking/preserving meat and thinks cooling systems spontaneously generate their energy source for free.

Missing the point.

The main reason why jerky is expensive is due to evaporation. It takes several pounds of meat to make one pound of jerky due to loss of moisture by evaporation. That is far more costly than the fraction of a cent it takes to operate a refrigerator for a day.

If the meat is losing water during preservation, that hardly reduces the nutritional content. You're still getting the same amount of nutrients from 3oz of dry beef as 1lb of fresh.

So that theory of yours is rekt. Next?

I use a food/fruit drier. 3,5 hours after a night of marinading.

Biltong is a cheap alternative. 1kg is 38.50 here.

Nobody said anything about nutritional content, user. Why are you bringing that up?

Go to a local butcher store that makes jerky. It's going to taste way better, and might seem more expensive (since it'll be sold by the pound), but the actual price is going to be much less than a bag you can buy at the grocery store.

kek

Two rules:
1: NEVER buy from any form of convenience store. Grocery stores will sell the same brands at less than half the price.
2: Jack Links is hardly jerky. Buy it if you must, but please try homemade or local brands as well. They're so much better.

>Only takes 7-8 hours
Oh that's not bad at all, I always assumed it would take super long to do.

what's the point in being this aggressive. Does it make you feel superior?

You fucking retarded spic nigger.

What he said was that it's more expensive because more initial meat is required to produce jerky compared to refrigeration or other methods, since the water in the meat is loss.

So, it costs more to make 1lb of jerky
compared to just refrigerating the meat, retard.

*is lost