What was little Veeky Forumss favorite children's book?

What was little Veeky Forumss favorite children's book?

>ready to read

I would read and reread every Redwall book my library had. Before that it was all the non-fiction books about insects I could find. At about age 6 I used to tell everyone I was going to be an entomologist, but it was mostly because I liked the colorful pictures of bugs and I liked saying the word entomologist.

If Leftists win, they'll abolish the patriarchal white male cannon and replace it with a mandatory Cuntbusters Gender Studies Courses. This is what leftists think is art. We can't let them win. MAGA

underage

this and hank the cowdog

woops

The Red Badge of Courage.

Charlie Bone

The 13½ Lives of Captain Bluebear
It is the Ulysses of kid lit.

le petit nicholas

Good for beginners in French

It's for actual illiterates. As in the language is so basic you don't need to read so good yet to read it.

Same with me but with dinosaurs instead of insects and paleontologist instead of entomologist.

Also, "Books where you're the hero", Roald Dahl, RL Stine

Nicolas*
Imbécile

Everything from Moers is awesome, and it gets more meta up until the "city of the dreaming books"

This while I was very young.

Also had my father read me the treasure island something like 10 times.

The Hobbit.

Lindgren is pretty great

Some pokemon fanfic. Te guy basically wrote at a high school level about his playthrough of the game, not even bothering to abstract out things such as levels, HP, etc. But I found it interesting in my young mind.

Really weird and charming book.

Wayside School Is Falling Down

/Thread

The Wind in the Willows

Wayside, Junie B. Jones, Goosebumps.

The Bible

Hell yeah, one of the only children's books that holds up after all these years

This is one of the first books I remember being read to me, the minotaur in his labyrinth illustration spooked the heck outta me.

O man. Between that and red wall and this one series on Roman kids... o man o man. So comfy.

This for me. So glad they actually had us read it in grade school. Left such a lasting impression on me.

Really thinking of reading it again after all these years.

I didn't like reading as a kid. Manga was about all I read, and FMA was my favorite.

Cuck'd feminist enabler spotted.

This one is god tier.

Harry Potter in terms of what I spent most of my childhood reading, the Hobbit in terms of what had the biggest impact on me.

Goosebumps books.

I never read this until I was 22. It was almost life changing.

The Silver Sword, Black Beauty, Treasure Island, Robinson Crusoe, Heidi

My nigga. Gave mine to my little brother.

Unrelated - My brother(10 yrs old) loves to be read to, but doesn't really read on his own, any advice Veeky Forums?

Roald Dahl then an abridged Shakespeare collection for teenagers. Then, when I was 13 I had a breakdown reading Wordsworth's The Prelude.

I still read it sometimes. Pastoral as fuck.

I'm still reading it

eyyy

Pretty much my go-to book when I had'nt been to the library in a while when I was little.

holy fuck i loved this book

born to be a patrician

The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne was by far my favourite. But I also had my fair share of Lindgren, Dahl, Jansson etc.

The Brothers Lionheart, with Emil and Ronja as close seconds.

Dracula and The Phantom of the Opera

you just nostalgiad the heck outta me

Black Beauty, Wind in the Willows, a series of unfortunate events, Darren Shan, golden compass series, Narnia series, Robin Hood

Voyage of the Basset was pretty damn good.

I read those young merlin books by T.A. Barron and Dune, plus tons of bad star wars books.

GIve him the most violent stuff you can find. Lord of the Flies, early RA Salvatore, brutal true crime like Zodiac, Night Stalker, Helter Skelter, stuff like that. Make it subversive.

I have a 6 year old daughter and I watch mothers picking books for their little boys in the library and they are doing it all wrong. They get them "how do trucks work" and generic young adult fiction that has a dragon on it. You have to appeal to a boys baser instincts.

A Series of Unfortunate Events
Redwall
The Hobbit

Thanks for the advice. I actually have 10 of Salvatore's Drizzt books - burned through them in middle school. I hadn't thought of true crime books, interesting idea, my bro often finds action and fighting compelling, but doesn't like brutal blood and guts type violence at all. His favorite content is usually comedic in one way or another.

You're definitely correct about baser instincts needing to be appealed to in reading material for boys.

Goosebumps were great. We never had the TV show here but I remember going to the school library, we'd go into the corner they kept them in and try and decide which ones to get. I think I remember the marionette doll story's being good.

Nonsense Songs were my favourite.

Koning van Katoren (King of Katoren, released in English as How to become king). Literally read that book until it fell apart.

Recently reread it and it's GOAT Dutchcore.

I had a bunch of random horror books sitting around the house when I was younger, Dracula, Goosebumps, a lot of R.L Stine all throughout elementary school (and A Series of Unfortunate Events). I got to school in fourth grade and went to the library and started rummaging around for horror books to no avail. I asked the librarian "where are all the horror books?" she replied "Oh, we got rid of them so first and second graders wouldn't get scared." The true horror was the look on my face. It's foggy, but I don't remember replying (per usual for my autistic self) and most likely promptly walked away. Then I bought these books and within the first 50 pages there was some dude on dude rape, thankfully, the main character kills the dude-raper.
The moral of the story is just tell the second graders "you need a permission slip for that book :)" or fourth graders will experience dude rape second hand.

For some reason I fucking loved Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Must have read that book at least a dozen times when I was a kid, none of Dahl's other works had the same re-readability for me.

Still have very fond memories of it, though I can't have been older than 11 or so the last time I read it.

but that's not mog, user
www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4NlrDw2i4M