Why are Americans terrible at teaching, learning, and computations? Pic related

Why are Americans terrible at teaching, learning, and computations? Pic related.

>Only a BS in EE
>Engineering in general
>Needs a lazy algorithm to do basic mental math

This new method (it's not common core, folks, it's individual districts doing their own thing) is attempting to teach kids how to do math more mentally. It's the closest approximation as to what goes through my head when I do mental math and don't feel like writing it down on paper. It's like multiplying large numbers mentally through breaking them down into their primes and making "easier" numbers to multiply.

what is this monstrosity

They literally just won math olympiads.

>Bs in EE
>extensive study in diff eqs
>higher math applications
i thought EE's dont even do fourier analysis but just learn to look up tables of fourier transforms?

What he said.

Asians != American
Americans are dumb

literally this, mental arithmetic is the only part of maths that will ever actually benefit normies such as myself, and i had to learn that shit on my own because it's not taught in school.

pic related.

The guy doesn't have a legit degree. He has a degree from Devry or something like that.

Turns out that engineers cannot understand an approach they didn't see in school. Any idiot should be able to see what's happening in the pic.

Pretty much, the biggest problem with Common Core implementations is that they end up producing more busywork. The best approach would just be the teacher going "hey here's a cool way to quickly add shit on the fly."

Why was this post deleted?

this

requesting the image response to this which calls the idiot engineer a dumb homo for writing numbers in wrong (the big ones are 100, the small ones are 1)

Dear Jack,

You correctly started with 427 and subtracted 3 hundreds, but then you made the mistake of subtracting six TENS, when you should have first subtracted just one ten and the six ONES to obtain your answer!

I imagine that's as close to the correct answer as I'll be able to get. Also this is retarded and mental math should be obvious to anybody who knows how the algorithms actually work.

The algorithms should just be taught because it is very, very obvious what is happening with them and they can be utilized for very large numbers for which mental mathematics becomes intractable.

Common core is held to be a political scheme to some how level the playing field between successful individuals and unsuccessful ones by taking simple concepts and making them extremely obfuscating and obtuse for no reason.

The creator of common core literally says "I want common core to end white privilege"

>Why are Americans terrible at teaching, learning, and computations?

Diversity.

depends on what you are doing as an EE

I like learning about digital signal processing, so fourier analysis is one of the things I am learning about

>B.S. in EE
>extensive study in math

>The creator of common core literally says "I want common core to end white privilege"
the funny thing is that to actually help minorities is to actually try to mitigate the effects of the students home on their schooling by increasing school time, as parents of poor and thus minority families tend not to care about the childs education, not by making everything harder for no reason

This. Helping minorities is literally about keeping them out of their homes and in a school environment. Many minorities live in poverty, which are completely toxic environments for children and school

Honestly if you could somehow send them all to boarding school, that would probably work best

>Honestly if you could somehow send them all to boarding school,

Republicans have been trying to do this for years in cities.

Well, that's because they just don't want minorities in their towns. Like, that idea likely stems from racism.

But, yeah, the real answer is getting them away from gangs and their drug addicted parents and basically raising them at the start. This generations teenagers are already fucked. Would have to start with the kids, like 6 years old.

how is placing black children into boarding schools, racist?

It's not like the evil white republicans are cleansing their towns of blacks. If anything of the sort is going on, it's the opposite.

none of it is about helping non-whites(not minorities)

It's all about punishing whites

>Like, that idea likely stems from racism.
And here we got another cultural marxist piece of shit insisting whites need to suffer, to atone for their original sin of being white.

Please do not assume that Americans are bad at mathematics as a whole based on common core. I have been studying multivariable calculus linear algebra and differential equations since high school. I know that I am a minority because I really love mathematics, but still. I know a lot of people who are good at mathematics here in America.

This is how my 3rd grade teacher did it and I still use that method. Come to think of it my other teachers did that for other stuff too.

Admit the Holocaust happened.