It's official, Kepler has detected signs of a biosphere in a planet 2 thousand light years away

>it's official, Kepler has detected signs of a biosphere in a planet 2 thousand light years away
>we don't know anything about how advanced they are tho, whether it's just algae-like, dinosaur-like or human-like

How does the world change?

K

wtf I hate Kepler now

proofs?

>2 thousand light years away
>How does the world change?

It doesn't. There is never enough urgency to motivate a change; even 2000 years later, we haven't lifted a finger and parent tell their kids not to worry, 'if they left now, they'd take two thousand years to get here'.

Remember that time we detected a man on the moon and nothing changed?

what when did that happen

Like 50 years ago

1969 the first, a few more times over the next few years and then never again. Spooky

it's a theoretical scenario

Oh, then very little changes. People who didnt believe in other life before claim its a mistake or a misunderstanding, people who did believe in other life have more evidence. everything goes on pretty much as it did before

Is this a hypothetical question or can you cite your sources?

considering the green text and i think he's saying it hypothetical

it took me some time to realise it though

i remember, somewhere in 2009, on a forum, i read a news article that said they were shutting down LHC because it proved to be
>too complex to maintain
and they most likely were gonna use the infrastructure (the tunnel and all) to either hold races or grow mushrooms there
>turned out it was an April 1st joke from a different site that was mistakenly reposted in the middle of May
i completely lost my shit for a couple of minutes, thankfully a had enough cool left to go to the source

fk you, op

Are you actually autistic?

wow, rude

Oh, I completely missed thanks!

now I know how Orson Wells felt

People didnt just assume Wells was lying though

Alright bro. I'm going to work on developing a warp drive so we can go there.

What's really spooky is how 99% of people only think we went there once. (excluding conspiracy theorists

the data will immediately come into question, not only from religious types but also from contrarian scientists. There will be big debates which will automatically give credibility to both sides and ultimately we'll all settle on the comfy old "I guess we didn't really find anything"

WE MUST FUCK THEM
LITERALLY

> dinosaur-like
Best scenario.

bump

>if they left now, they'd take two thousand years to get here
What if they left 2000 years ago?

> Kepler has detected signs of a biosphere

Source?

source is and

>Yeah, and the people trying to understand those systems didn't even take Calculus 2

Do people actually believe this? It can't just be my school that makes Chem, Biology, Biochemistry majors take up to at least Calc 3.

for some reason this meme amuses me greatly

well it hasnt become a meme just because of the pretty eyes