So after seeing this article of a man who is 145 years old I've been wondering if it's possible there are unrecorded...

so after seeing this article of a man who is 145 years old I've been wondering if it's possible there are unrecorded humans who have lived to that age or even past it. because while modern medicine is key to our average lifespan, I believe a few lucky people throughout history could have survived a very long time, as we really don't have a "max" age for a human being, just an approximate age when shit starts going wrong in your body, if we had /bio/ I'd post it there but I wanna know your thoughts

>I've been wondering if it's possible there are unrecorded humans who have lived to that age or even past it.

Yes it is.

Lifespan is like Zombocom

It's all a matter of probability. Eventually there will be a fuck up that causes a vital organ to fail, but this guy might just every bullet up to the last one.

Just a heads up I wouldn't trust anything being published by news outlets from SE Asia they're constantly publishing stories about people who didn't eat or sleep or defecate since 1965.

ChecktNrekt

But you're just jelly of their abilities to defy the laws of thermodynamics

same

we actually do have a maximum lifespan, its based on the amount of telomeres in our dna. As our dna replicates itself, it loses a few base pairs on the end of the strand, run out of telomeres and it starts removing coding dna, which basically fucks you pretty hard.

>telomeres

more like telomemes, amirite? lol lol lol

DUDE

I wish this meme would die.

>I've been wondering if it's possible there are unrecorded humans who have lived to that age or even past it.
Possible? Yes. We only have register of the lives from the last centuries. Considerable improbable since the average lifespan has increased since then.

Li Ching-Yuen, pic related, says he lived 256 years.

>Professor Wu Chung-chien, dean of the department of education in Minkuo University, had found records showing Li was born in 1677 and that the Imperial Chinese Government congratulated him on his 150th and 200th birthdays.

>A correspondent of THE NEW YORK TIMES wrote in 1928 that many of the oldest men in Li's neighborhood asserted their grandfathers knew him as boys and that he was then a grown man.

Still hard to believe.

forgot pic

There's 2 possibilities really.

1. He has some sort of genetic disposition which slow telomere shortening to slow his aging, and he is the only person on the planet currently with this

2. He is using his father or even grand father's ID.

I sure know which one I am more inclined to believe.

You could express telomerase ubiquitously and you'd still die of old age even without any cancer.

I'm unsure of where you are bringing cancer into this?

My understanding is that cell reproduction continually shortens telomeres. If someone has unnaturally long telomeres, or they have some mechanism which allows the telomeres to lengthen themselves somehow, or their cells live longer, or similar hypotheticals, they would live to a longer age.

The fact that you don't know betrays your lack of familiarity with the topic. Much less that you clearly have not heard of telomerase.

Long story short, read more before posting. I recommend beginning with the end replication problem.

the longer you live, the more time your body has to fuck up and mutate. it's pretty simple.

Care to elaborate on that?

Neither of you refuted my post at all. The person I was replying to stated that you would die of old age WITHOUT cancer.

I suggest you go back to school and learn to read.

Kek what a loser

Its all genetics, my grandpa lived till his 90s also after age 90 your body stops aging entirely meaning the current state it is in it will stay like that forever or until you die of course, but due to how weak your old body is death is certain anyway.

Just so you know thats how people live to be over 100 because the body stops aging after 90.

It depends on what you eat and shit, gradually your metabolism starts building up more and more shitbags until you call it quits

>believing chinks
Yeah right. And their IQ is higher too.

>believing this

tip top kek lads

pls go /pol/

>refuting with elitism
You are quite possibly the most awful person to post on this board all day.

>the body stops aging after 90.
Need some source on that