Anyone else not read Greek philosophy because it's too common sense...

Anyone else not read Greek philosophy because it's too common sense? I feel like everything Aristotle or Plato says is either stuff that I've came up with myself through the years or already instilled in me through a basic education.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KvtT3UyhibQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mfw reading Aristotle's golden means discussion

>guarenteed replies

why would she wear a fucking gown to the cow field btw?

to hid the bull cum

>basic education

You literally learnt what the Greeks taught

You will respect the ultimate showcase of white beauty

youtube.com/watch?v=KvtT3UyhibQ

That's what I'm saying. So we agree it's not really reading nowdays unless you're dumb?

Really want to see her BLACKED desu

No. Reading philosophy is understanding why it became basic education

You came up with the theory of the forms on your own?

People getting burnt by Socratic irony everywhere.

This

Was this made by Tarkovsky?

White people be cray-cray.

Read it again, and actually pay attention this time.

That's called brainwashing.

I have an intuitive understanding of Newtonian Physics. It's just common sense for anyone living in the physical universe. Can we all agree that formal education is antiquated and useless?

/seconded

No, it's called scholarship.

People who hear of actio est reactio often ask why a wall isn't pushing back if I press it with my finger. It's hard.

This. X1000.

You are obviously a prisoner who has only seen the shadows on the wall, and you would understand this if you at least read a Wikipedia page on some of the wisest men that ever lived

Once you grasp it it makes perfect sense, but it's not something anyone but a genius would have come up with on their own. I remember in highschool physics most kids were blowing gaskets at the fact that a bullet hits the ground the same time as a ball dropped from the same height. And most people think that rockets lift off by pushing the ground, not via action/reaction pair.

Literally who

You baited me hard with this one, well done

>I feel like everything Aristotle or Plato says is either stuff that I've came up with myself through the years or already instilled in me through a basic education.

Plato and Aristotle are two of the most influential thinkers ever to have lived. Chances are, you have been exposed to their ideas prior to reading primary texts. Just out of curiosity though, what have you actually read by Plato or Aristotle?

0/10 guy

>cow field

cow pasture, whatever. I'm not some filthy native English speaker

You can shoot a bullet for miles and it will snuff some towelhead long after the ball hits the ground.

Bullets fly.

Fucking this, times a thousand.

I mean, look. Aristotle and Plato were smart guys. They were probably the smartest people of their time, but even a genius with an IQ of 130 is still only 15 points off from the world average.

You really think those 15 points of IQ equate to such a large gap in general knowledge when compared with the entirety of the mass populace?

You compare a genius and someone who's just slightly above average, and you subject them both to the same classes, same parents, same teachers, same life experience, and chances are, both of them will be 97 percent identical in form and function.

When my class was learning about Plato in senior year of highschool, we didn't go "Oh shit, this is a whole new world of philosophy for me." We KNEW how to question the world already. The average man is SMART. The average man is SMART AS HELL.

You think Nietzsche was the first to wonder if man killed God? You think Sun Tzu was the first to realize you should keep your enemies as close to you as you can? You think Alexander the Great was the first to think about cutting the damn knot in half?

Do you honestly think "Freedom of Speech" was first invented in 1776? Do you honestly believe Jesus invented the idea of loving thine neighbor?

Hell no.

People know these things already. Live past 30, and this should all just be common sense to any average man with a working brain. We only namedrop Aristotle, Plato, Confucious, and Biggy Smalls because they make teaching easier.

You can't teach your son not to fly too close to the sun. He won't really ever understand that until he's experienced for himself.

You won't be able to teach your son how to ask questions or stand up for himself, because chances are, he's just not going to care, and he's going to have to find out for himself.

But the works of those that came before us allow us to give them perspective. It gives us a tangible medium to reflect off of, and it gives those words a person to speak out of.

According to a number of Jewish thinkers, you have the most intelligent of the fetishes.

>a genius with an IQ of 130
that's not a genius dumbshit

Mensa requirement is 132 to 148, dumbshit. 130 might not be "genius", but my point still stands.

What if you're over 148

Read Diogenes, he rekt Plato and fucked up Plato's sophist lectures. He's the orignal mad man

>through a basic education
There's a reason we say 'start' with the Greeks.

Still good enough for MENSA.

MENSA only cares if you're 132 and over, I think.