What does your girlfriend read?

What does your girlfriend read?

John Green and feminist SJW books like The Ethical Slut

She's a philosophy major, so she claims she doesn't have time for fiction while studying

SAD

>1 poster ID and two replies before I posted this

Kill yourself, OP

>girlfriend

my emotions, don't make me backhand you now baby

marley and me
the memory keepers daughter
lucky
the world according to Garp
still Alice
girl interrupted

Main girl was a English major, but is taking half a year to currently get through Lolita.
Side girl has masters in electrical engineering. She's smart as hell on that topic but does not read at all; only likes movies.

books

Who holds a book like that? The spine is going to get so fucked

one of her stacks lmao

Is the 'main girl' you gf? And if so, does she know you're fucking someone else on the side?

I'm not that attached to her obviously. Please do not make jokes about suicide, I've lost friends to it

woops

staged photo

My girlfriend doesn't read. I tried to get her to pick it up but she won't have it.

my diary desu

No shit

yeah shit

Lean In, business books, but lately the only thing she's sticking her nose in is my ass crack

call the police

I fucked a girl with an english degree and she never read another book after she graduated. Her favorite book of all time was Harry Potter. I thought that was sad. I promised I wouldn't stop reading books in my chosen field of liberal arts bullshit after I graduated and so far I haven't let myself down.

I never pressed her on this but I bet the reason why was that she was "too busy." But I've learned that watching netflix is actually a daily requirement for people my age, like working or eating.

nothing
because she doesn't exist

>But I've learned that watching netflix is actually a daily requirement for people my age, like working or eating.

It's ridiculous.

>muh special snowflake mentality

end you'are'selve

rate

My SO doesn't really read anything but shitty fanfiction. Eva and MLP mostly.

3/5

Patrick Leigh Fermor, Proust, Woolf, Robert Walser, Han Shan and Saigyo are her favorite authors.

actually not staged. why do you say that? she has mad OCD and keeps the house in tip top shape. this is in our bathroom. and yes that's an entire bowl filled with dental floss.

post a pic of her butthole, m8, would be real kind of you

Agatha Christie
Murakami

Can I have her?

dose she clean her asshole real good?

she cleans the apt real good

I dug up hellen kellers dead body to bone so in short she doesnt read

literally who cares

i want to know about the girl stinks from her girl holes

She fluctuates pleb and decent taste. Will read goethe and but also pleb shit like ready player one. But mostly she just watches Netflix.

>ask for top 5
>gives top 3
listen here you little shit

>dickens

I bet you rate DFW and Pynchon higher than Dickens

Don't have a gf, but when I do she's normally illiterate. Can't even spell properly in texts, let alone read

It literally is staged because the things were arranged in an aesthetic way and then someone photographed it

my bf refuses to read and just plays video games all day

oh well then. our entire apartment is staged lmao

>tfw no gf

Men read GREAT literature all the time, lying roastwhore

>Living in a Wes Anderson set

Sounds kinda comfy desu

bit too mom-tier for me to be honest

i'm lonely and envious

WEW

yeah it's alright but I get a lot shit for literally walking in and out of a room, because i fuck everything up.

Girlfriend?

>Sixty-eight percent of college students use Netflix to binge-watch

>“One reason they use it is to just escape from reality by immersing themselves in a show,” he said.

The eyes are not here
There are no eyes here
In this valley of dying stars
In this hollow valley
This broken jaw of our lost kingdoms

See, why can't I meet a girl like this? I don't care what she looks like as long as she's smart, kind, and not married to a screen.

you probably spend as much time on Veeky Forums as they do on netflix

Lyrical and Critic Essays from Albert Camus
Stoner by John Williams
Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker

I am the gf

My husband doesn't read at all, I like to let him pretend I'm smarter than I really am. My friends and teachers already seem to think so becauae they see me with medium sized books. I've yet to carry Atlas Shrugged around for mad reps

t. pseud

My girlfriend is probably more well-read than anyone browsing Veeky Forums right now.
Her favorite book is the Brothers Karamazov.

show ur butthole 4me babygurl

>Dostoyevsky
Sasha Grey read Dostoyevsky, does that make her well-read or what?

yes

yes

Let me answer your stupid question with an even stupider one:
Could reading any one author make someone well-read?

Veeky Forums is a constant stream of reading, critical thinking, and argumentation. Netflix is mindless escapism.

>inb4 le Veeky Forums is shit xDDD

You're not special.

Veeky Forums is shit

Facebook

Stoner, To the Lighthouse, Miss Lonelyhearts, The Sorrows of Young Werther, If on a Winter's Night a Traveler

>tfw met a girl who had read more than I had
>she's cute and funny and smart
>really well-fucking-read
>ask her out
literally said
"Hey, I think you're cool and I want to get to know you. Do you want to go on a date?"
>date
>get engaged
>married
>now we spend time reading together and shopping for books online and in stores around town
nothing feels better

dark fantasy books

>implying Veeky Forums is intellectually enriching

I really hope you don't believe this.

I've never heard someone describe Veeky Forums as beneficial or stimulating. This is a new low, we have unironic shut posters now. I fear for the future

On a bad day, yes. I usually spend most of my free time either at the gym or reading books. The average 18-24 year old spends about 3 hours a day watching television, and older people spend even more time. It's fascinating how the next episode comes on automatically, netflix expects users to have such little initiative that they will sit slack in their seat and let another dose of entertainment wash over them, no matter how late it is or how many episodes they've already watched that day. I remember reading Europe Central and just being engrossed, I read for hours, hundreds of pages a day, until I was dizzy and somewhat unwell feeling. Yet it's routine for people to spend that amount of time engaged with something as bland and shallow as the Walking Dead (which was presumably named after its target audience)

I mean say what you want about Veeky Forums, but it is as least social activity, no matter how pathetic that activity is. I know very few people who read books in real life, and those that do read don't read the kind of books that I do. I've met people who didn't know who Herman Melville, Albert Camus, or Jack Kerouac were. I don't even like Kerouac, but I thought everyone who attended college would have at least heard of him. Even Veeky Forums doesn't talk about the books I read very often, but it's clear that there are a lot of people with similar tastes and ways of looking at the world as me posting here. There's really nowhere else to discuss books, other than a dead subreddit where people unironically talk about "diversity" and get upvoted.

and she likes to smell like brittney spears. good for her.

Hard to tell how binge reading is all that much different from binge watching television.

This last week Martin Chuzzlewit in 4 days, read the entirety of Tom Sawyer yesterday, and the day in between read a selection of Emerson essays and two Aristophanes plays. Different from watching all of Thrones? Emerson would seem to say no.

A2 thread: mostly the same shit as me, but less. She actually writes and is a real person.

My wife is a big Shakespeare fan. She was an English major in college and now she's an editor. Reading is pretty much our favorite thing to do.

We read a lot of fantasy too. Lord of the Rings, The Dark Tower, A Song of Ice and Fire, Malazan, Wheel of Time, etc...

kill yourself you gfless virgin you're not even trying

/thread

can't believe we gave this cunt so much replies

she's reading Dickens now, she's the one that got me into Wolfe, Pynchon and DFW.
I got her into Alistair Reynolds and David Wong.
She's obviously more hardcore.

that perfume...

no thanks i don't like the scent of 13 year olds

more for me then I guess!

I'm not someone's girlfriend.

Lately she's been reading Castaneda and Manganelli, earlier this year Kierkegaard, Cioran, Nietzsche, Spinoza, the likes. She's not as well read as I am in American literature, so I was thinking about lending her DFW's essays, Outer Dark and maybe Burroughs. She likes the idea.

>implying I have time a for gf

>ocd

shes currently reading plato.

Fantasy novels. Mostly Temeraire books.

She just read lolita and now she's reading the trial.

Be mine. My mom says I'm cute, I don't smell bad, and I have a big book shelf.

I've had all my shots and I won't pee on your carpet.

Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage

Call the midwife

"menus and my net worth"

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums has a gf

let's see em

>hairy armpits
perfectly fine, kinda hot
>parading around like its an accomplishment
fuck you, you have as much impact as a 12 year old on youtube

i do

and its my milf coworker who just got divorced. look at all my experiences, great reference material

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>not asking to see feet

When we first met about ten years ago she just finished her MFA thesis on Mishima. Now that we're married, all she reads is a chapter of Harry Potter every night to her son. I think that's about all she reads anymore.

That shit's depressing as fugg mane.

could be patrish could be pseud

>muh ego

Nothing. She's a true idiot but the pussy game is ridic.

nice.

Frank O'Hara and Margaret Atwood