I didnt get stuffing when i went shopping, any basic recipes for it?

i didnt get stuffing when i went shopping, any basic recipes for it?

How do you "get" stuffing at the grocery? I've literally never heard of that. I always make it.

Saute some celery and onions in butter until soft. Add mushrooms a few minutes before done. Add chopped fresh sage, thyme and rosemary at end along with cayenne if you want a bit of heat. Add day old bread cubes, mix and moisten with chicken stock. Not too moist, you don't want it soggy. Add some salt and pepper. Add meat of choice. I use a couple pints of oysters with the licquor. Browned sausage works well too. Put in greased oven safe dish and cover. Bake in oven @ 375F. for 45 minutes. Remove cover last 15 minutes. Savory and easy.

I don't have half of those ingredients

Better return to the grocery to "get" your stuffing, whatever that means.

Well what the fuck do you have

I mean there was nothing particularly exotic in that ingredient list, except maybe the oysters. Pretty much just staples.

>buy stuffing
wtf is wrong with you? Are you event trying?

You're an idiot. Go back to the grocery store and restock your kitchen.

bread
stock
bake at 180°c until it's done

kek

Are you people aliens? Stuffing is as easy as pouring this into stock with some butter and mixing it up to soft.

im a man who doesnt do alot of cooking..how tf are mushrooms staples. i dont have celery either

Then simply don't expect to be able to make an edible stuffing. Buy your packaged chemicals at the store and go to town! You'll even be able to say, "Look Mom, I cooked!" She'll be so proud of you son, it'll bring tears to my eyes.

Yeah like you absolutely need celery to make good stuffing faggot. I don't even see mushrooms in any recipe

Going from memory...

Bread, cornbread is good too
Sausage
Celery
Onions
Boiled eggs
Stock
Seasonings
maybe some other shit

Chop what should be chopped, mix all that shit together and bake for a while.

You saw it in my recipe, asswipe, and everyone that's eaten it thinks it's god tier. Now open up a package of ramen and enjoy your dinner, fagfuck.

>oysters and sausage

p unnecessary desu, just add in the stock from your turkey and it should be set.

not everything needs to be a meat supreme.

Why is it called stuffing when you don't stuff your turkey with it?

I don't get it America

You do. At least some people do. We do but also cook some out of it and then mix it together.

I was told stuffing in the turkey makes it sour

Traditionally you're supposed to but most people don't anymore, and the name stuck. In the south it is called dressing.

>not everything needs to be a meat supreme.

There are about 5 other vegan threads going right now. Oysters are in season and they're great in dressing. Why don't you fuck off to one of the vegan threads?

i'm not vegan, i just don't need poultry, pork, and seafood in my stuffing.

i'm a purist.

let turkey day be about turkey

Same reason some people in our country refer to the fruity mince pie filling as "mincemeat", which I was unaware of until I read it here. I always assumed people saying it were referring to actual minced meat.

because we figured out that's how you get salmonella

A loaf of bread.
Few stalks of celery.
Some onion (However much you want).
Turkey gravy (canned or from the actual turkey, doesn't matter.
I like to put in a bag of cashews.
A stick of butter. More if you want. It doesnt have to be precise.

Cut the celery and onion up. Crush the cashews if you want. Put all that in a pan with the stick of butter.
While thats cooking, cut up the bread into cube like pieces.
When the celery and onion are soft or however you like it, mix in that gravy. Put the bread and the butter/gravy/celery/onion in a pan and mix it gently. Bake at 325 until the top is golden brown.

He said he didn't have celery. I already gave a superior recipe that included celery and it was rejected for simply that reason.

I mean. He doesnt have to use celery. I dont like it either. I had assumed he did because Im an asshole that didnt read the whole thread.

Thanks for the response, some people are on their high horse today

Oops, I slipped. Neeeyyy?

how's he going to make stock/gravy without celery?

roast bird and a mirepoix, it's the basis of this fucking holiday