Why dont you own the best kitchen invention since the toaster oven?

why dont you own the best kitchen invention since the toaster oven?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/2016/10/why-pressure-cookers-are-better-than-slow-cookers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

But I allready have my nicer dicer?

sliced my finger on the mandoline of that thing
fuck it

I have one but I use it mostly for rice

What dishes are best cooked with a pressure cooker?

What are some good recipes? The ones that came in the instruction booklet seemed really boring

I really want some broth or soup to make in this but I'm a total newfag to cooking.

give me the basics Veeky Forums

kek

It works good for stew because you can brown, deglaze and then pressure/slow cook all in one pot.

Makes solid rice, and works as good as any crockpot or pressure cooker.

The lid and seal are a bitch to clean, though.

I have a stovetop pressure cooker, not an electric one, but I use it for tons of stuff. Mainly any meat dish that takes a long time in the oven to get really tender (cheap cuts, carnitas, pulled pork, etc).

I only used a smoker for pulled pork until recently when I tried it in my pressure cooker, and now I'm never going back. Similarly, a 3-4 hour carnitas dish takes about 35 minutes in the pressure cooker.

Just remember to crisp up whatever you're making in a hot oven for a little bit afterwards, lack of crispiness is truly the only downfall of pressure cooked meats

But I do. Just made some mashed potatoes in it yesterday

Just read my post, never going back is dramatic. Should've said, when I'm short on time now I'll never hesitate to make pulled pork still.

Also, I've used it to speed up long simmering sauces (still have to reduce afterwards though) as well as make quick and better tasting stocks, and used for phô and butternut squash soup. Easily my favorite device in the kitchen, OP's pic has me intrigued if I ever find myself living somewhere without an oven

The red lentil chili in the recipe book is pretty good. I also cook Mac and cheese in it sometimes. Some soups and various pastas work well too.

Most things that a pressure cooker is touted for are better done in a slow cooker. Instead of doing it after work and having it done in an hour or whatever, just put it in the slow cooker before work.

Also, I don't like it because you can't see (or taste) what's going on.

An IP can function as a slow cooker. It does a lot of things.
Honestly the only reason I haven't pulled the trigger on one yet is I already have a slow cooker and a rice cooker. Considering it since my pressure cooker is this massive fucking pressure canner I inherited that takes an ungodly amount of time to actually heat up.

>The slicy thing sliced me, it's shit.

seriouseats.com/2016/10/why-pressure-cookers-are-better-than-slow-cookers.html

No. Just no.

All slow cookers are better at is being convenient, like doing it before work as you said.
In terms of quality of results, a pressure cooker is better for almost everything.

I just use mine for dried beans. It's well worth it since I eat a lot of them.

Looks like it did its job of slicing fruits.

heh

>In terms of quality of results, a pressure cooker is better for almost everything.
No, just no.

Because chinese electrical appliances are for poor people, I have a good quality pressure cooker that I use on a gas flame

Whats the best pressure cooker for

Burnt my finger on the flame of this thing
Fuck it

Why do white people rely on gadgets because they can't figure out how to use a pot?

here is a split pea and ham soup that I make in my Instant Pot:

get a slab of pork-shoulder (a single chop-sized piece is ideal if your store/butcher does this, or you could get a whole shoulder and cut it into portions and only use one portion) and sear it in the thing set to Saute. then set the meat aside.

brown some diced onions in oil in the thing, still on Saute. celery and carrots optional but good.

put the meat back in, then add dried split peas and chicken stock. add a small amount of crushed red pepper flakes if you have them. cook on high pressure for about 30 minutes.

when the cooking is done, pull the meat out and use a fork to break it into chunks into the soup. season to taste with salt and black pepper.

>Whats the best pressure cooker for

my manual warns me never to cook split pea soup.

What I do is soak split peas, then cook them in the pressure cooker for only 1 minute, then I add the split peas to whatever I want to. You might want to try this instead of making split pea soup in the pressure cooker. it might get clogged and blow the safety valve.