Hello you misogynistic, maltey, mongoloids. What will you be drinking this holiday?

Hello you misogynistic, maltey, mongoloids. What will you be drinking this holiday?

I'll probably keep a flask full of talisker 10 year old and sip on that to stay sane during thanksgiving.

Thinking about going with an Islay.

I bought a thing of talisker once and I can only describe the taste as leather boots. Is this normal?

Probably mediocre red wine I made from a kit off amazon cause I still have a few gallons of it.

Liquor would be good but tfw too lazy to go to the store

My brother brought me back a bottle of Talisker from Scotland but I' m sure it was older. Maybe 18? Had a great smokey peat flavor. I thought it was incredible. I've looked for it everywhere, but I live in bumfuck backwater and can't find it.

I got Benchmark, Evan Williams green and Milwaukees best ice

Probably won't remember the next two days

needed some bourbon since i make pecan pie every thanksgiving so i got a bottle of maker's in the pantry. also want to try making a milk punch

Lagavulin 16, Springbank 15 and maybe I'll open my Glendronach 15.

Also, what are some good sipping bourbons?

>finished off my Lagavulin on election night
>only have a teensy bit of Laphroaig left

Anything $30 and up, really

But I'll recommend Eagle Rare

Glenfarclas Heritage, because its the only scotch I have right now.

Thanks to black friday on amazon, I have ordered a Laphroaig Quarter Cask for £25 delivered. Looking forward to trying it, love the 10 and the higher proofage of this should be interesting.

>tfw want to get a bottle of Bookers or Stagg Jr.
>my state owned liquor board doesnt have either
Fuck the LCBO. They dont even have Glendro 15 or 18 until 2018 either, fucking kikels.

Free range fair trade semen.

Thought ralfy would have died from liver failure by now.

I stopped drinking after I assaulted the neighbours dog.

Ur Mom Juice

Get

Fuck the LCBO, make your own booze. Every "wine making" shop has shit to make moonshine these days.

He has done a couple of videos on the dangers of alcohol / alcoholism, from what he says he actually doesn't drink that much.

>I stopped drinking after I assaulted the neighbours dog.

Story?

I would but I don't have the time to start now, maybe in the Summer when I have more free time.
Ive always wanted to try and see what happens to scotch when it's aged in different types of wood casks (maplewood, birch, etc.) or with different types of wine finishes like amarone or negroamaro

Picked up the last bottle of this.

And the follow up.

Fantastic scotch. I am just starting to get into it, coming from drinking a lot of Bourbon. I have to say, I much prefer scotch at this point, but both are great

No

Look into trying Glenfarclas 105 if you liked the A'bunadh.
Macallan Cask Strength too if you can find a bottle around.

That stuff is incredible, Waitrose had it for £35 a few weeks ago but sold out by the time I got there.

Their 16 year old is very nice too, if a little more mellow.

>he actually bought an amd cpu

Just picked up a bottle of Laphroaig Cairdeas for the weekend Christmas party. It's finished in Madeira seasoned hogsheads too and from the small taste I got at the store it was pretty damn smooth for 52%

Old Forester, pretty good and cheap

One of you fine lads can pick. I'm indecisive.

Also happy to talk about any you might be curious about.

Laphroaig

Good start.

What's the bottle on the far left?

How is the Midwinter Nights Dram? Ive been curious about it for a while since we dont get that bottle in Canada, only the terrible Milsean.

Whatever scotch my great uncle brings to the Christmas reunion.

It started with him trying to mess with a six-year-old me. Overjoyed by the fact that I actually quite liked it, he decided to annoy my mother by sneaking me sips every holiday. This tradition has developed into being low-key drinking buddies for years now.

Scotch is going to taste like the shared derision of hillbilly antics and family drama bullshit until I die. This makes it a seasonal drink, like eggnog.

Penderyn peated edition. It's a Welsh whisky, aged in Laphroaig barrels. It's not the best whisky I've tried, but it's very, very good and unlike any other whisky I've ever had.

Expensive, but genuinely unique. The palate reminds me of very fresh green apple and pear, with a very subtle smoky flavour because they don't actually peat the barley. The peat flavour comes solely from the barrels they age it in.

It's good, but rather unremarkable. Tastes of sweet spice and slightly herbal, thoroughly pleasant but nothing particularly special. I wouldn't bother with it again, but it was nice to try.

Just bought this to drink for the next month. I also bought a bottle of chateauneuf du pape to drink on Christmas day.

I like quarter cask more. Weaker nose, but fuller taste.

Just picked this up from Waitrose, £26 so an absolute bargain. Looking forward to cracking it open tonight, big fan of Islay malts but never had this one for some reason

I picked up a bottle for £25 in Costco last week, it is very nice. Quite light and you can make out the tasting notes they give if you really look for them. At that price I would defiantly buy it again as a nice light contrast to what I usually drink, but at the £40+ they ask for online I wouldn't bother.