What went wrong?

Attached: nano-price-forecast-nano-coin-leaves-rival-litecoins-charlie-lee-impressed_featured.jpg (300x225, 11K)

like, a lot.

This coin is fucking bipolar, one day +20%, next day -20%. Are there any news?

>MFW I bought at $30

Attached: 1504082576117.png (645x729, 50K)

They say there is an issue in the kernel they can't fix or some shit. I don't know what the fuk a kernel is brah.

>m-muh low fees
>m-muh instant transactions

Attached: f3639bad2307eb96a3120cc733a8ee5f.jpg (564x1158, 159K)

Nothing.

Fuck, that's pretty bad then. I'm about 40% in this lol

Issue in the internal kernel transport instant capacitor to be specific.

We kept trying to tell you guys, but you kept repeating the leddit mantras. 'Fast and low fees' are just about the least important, least unique features of a crypto project.

Exactly this. Fees are needed. How else would you support mining industry?

Nothing, it's still up around 1000% from when I bought it.
If you buy a top 50 coin you're a retard.

Attached: 1518289677939.jpg (222x216, 9K)

It's like Bitcoin Cash but without mining so in the future it will have no nodes. Who is going to run a full node when it costs a couple hundreds of dollars a month? The answer is nobody. You need miners if you want near zero transaction fees and unlimited scaling. That's why Bitcoin Cash scales and that's why Nano fails.

When will you brainlets realize that the only useful application of blockchain is smart contracts? Blockchain based currency is fucking stupid and bound to fail.

>couple hundreds of dollars a month
NANO node cost is like $3 per month.

Attached: 5bf.jpg (480x318, 16K)

There are apps to send money instantly barely any fee if any, why nano?

Why Bitcoin?

blockchain
traceable public transactions duh

So NANO is just technology that works better, without miners, is faster, feeless and scalable.
Sure. No reason for NANO to exist.

read
no-one cares about crypto "currencies" traditional banks work well enough unless you're a nigger from Africa

Attached: nlnbm74i_20150120011538.jpg (1024x1544, 471K)

It will always be the standard at least for 5 years, I measure my savings with in btc..don't you?

no smart contracts, which is the literal only use for crypto in the 21st century.
/thread

nano also confirms instantly which is important for in person transactions at restaurants and coffee shops... nano nodes are cheap and can be free when using desktop wallet. they are also under $3 a month which businesses wil gladly accept rather than paying a 5% merchant fee for using AMEX... whoever said it costs couple hundred $ a month to run a node is a fucking faggot dick sucker who probably gets paid in BTC while sucking old men's cocks.

Coffee shops accept credit cards..

Nodes are $3 right now. But Nano transactions are 400 bytes, Bitcoin Cash transactions are also 400 bytes. They scale in the exact same way. Nano nodes will cost hundreds per month if it gets a few hundred tx/sec.

To continue my other reply, the problem here is that mining nodes have income to pay for their node. Nano nodes have no income. See the problem? Bitcoin Cash and Nano scale at the same rate, yet Bitcoin Cash nodes pay for themselves while Nano nodes are pure cost to the operator. Which do you think will survive the costs of scaling?

>Being this retarded
Credit cards charge businesses %3-5 and the payment can come as late as 3 months.

See these

wrong. nano nodes don't require storing the entire blockchain as balances are stored in the protocol

not everyone has to run a FULL node. theres a clear difference. you can run a node on desktop wallet which takes up 2% of your CPU. most merchants who generate thousands of $ in revenue can survive the cost of running a $3 node. in hindsight, yes you cant expect every nano user to run a full node its statistically impossible. does that mean the network will die? no it doesnt. look at torrent sites like piratebay. they are still running for over 10 years with thousands of seeders. there are 10k seeders who get paid nothnig and still support their torrents with 100k leechers. even with 10% support is more than ample to keep the network functioning. quit over exaggerating dude

Then you are talking about lightweight nodes. I'm talking about full nodes. Ones that store all required transaction history. Ones that ensure no coding bugs or irregularities occur within the block lattice.

Everything, unironically.

nano isn't bitcoin. the protocol is entirely different. read the whitepaper, "current nodes" participate in consensus (i dont think it's been released yet though)
. Historical nodes aren't required to process transactions

The costs on your CPU will rise with transaction volume, but the problem here is that an attacker just has to run many spam transactions in order to increase the strain on full nodes. I don't have the source, but it took some guy 8 hours to do 30,000 transactions on a GTX 1070. Imagine a GPU farm with a thousand of those just overloading the Nano nodes. I don't know the math for this, and I don't know the best vector for attack, but Nano is a new model and having no incentive to run a full node seems to indicate the cost will be low for an attacker to gain control of a majority of nodes and cause harm to the network.

Yea, I never understood the cup of coffee thing. I buy coffee all the time with my credit card and get a receipt in 2 seconds. Why the fuck would i care if the transaction is on a public blockchain? Why would i want to go waste my time purchasing crypto with fiat and then buying fucking coffee. GTFO with that dumb shit. We're all here to make money and nothing else. Nobody uses crypto

>Historical nodes aren't required to process transactions
If by this you mean some transactions aren't recorded then if an attacker finds a vulnerability he can spam the network with transactions and then use his vulnerability to steal funds in a transaction that never gets recorded. In other words, if you don't have at least one node running at all times that records all transactions your network is not secure.

balances are secured in the protocol. even if a few historical nodes are required that's a 99.9% savings efficiency

yeah, an attacker has to spend massive amounts of GPU power for what is easily processed by the network.
and once the attack is over, no harm is done.

but the devs are working on more filtering solutions for that sort of thing.

Fucking stop this garbage shilling!!!!

This is called SPV. Bitcoin Cash has the same thing. Again, I'm not worried about light nodes. I'm worried about Nano's historical nodes being run by attackers. Then they can hide attacks and get away with theft if they find a vulnerability.

Nano is as bad as IOTA. No devs or entity/company would create a coin that would be totally free of fees or things similar

They have to fucking eat too, so something like Nano is a bait & switch, where if lots of users were to get on board, layers would be added with a fee structure.

Holy fuck you guys are retarded thinking Nano is great because its f-f-f-f-free. Dumbasses.

bcrash has the same problem except instead of only having to pay for a few nodes for that sort of thing, you have to pay 1000s of nodes.
bcrash is literally the worst coin on the market now. it's bitcoin without any attempt of solving its problems
you're only paying miners for consensus. there are dozens of proof of stake coins other than nano

Here's the easy synopsis:

kernel out-capacitator generator being restored to uncompromised levels of the problematic algorithm queries first chanced upon then rectified and still in external thrust outlayers.

>it's bad

sounds like someones a little salty nocoiner faggot.. iota and nano arent bad. they aren't perfect either but overtime they will become better and better with R&D. your a fucking retard if you think technology can just come in a year and be 100% perfect and working. it took Amazon 20+ years, it took Apple 20+ years, it took Microsoft 20+ years. iota and nano will be the future Fortune 500 and i dont even own any iota so GTFO dude

They make more money by saving money. Because it is feeless.

Oh got thank god I sold.

Thats exactly why cyptos are decentralized. It's impossible unless you have majority of network votes.

FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD FUD

It's good to see some FUD posts again.

>conveniently avoiding mentioning the huge Sybil attack surface vector.

Devs are working on curated list of valid representatives.

>Devs are working on curated list of valid representatives.

Which is not a solution since it means the currency is not decentralised. And if devs are actively working on this, it means they haven't found an actual decentralised solution.

So this currency is pretty much trash tier and dead from start. Everyone is just conveniently avoiding this topic, it's like elephant in the room.

what's the problem?
won't the network get more decentralized over time?
over time representative picks will become more sparse

this guy

Attached: caa.png (735x94, 7K)

Does is mean that there is centralized vector of attack? No.
The network will only get more decentralized over time.

You were born

Attached: 0p9gj-34.png (483x621, 798K)

HOLY FUCK

My kernels are fucking leaking???
No fucking wonder why my wallet keeps getting smaller

I'm glad biz is back to fuding my biggest hold, I was getting worried here for a while
always do the opposite etc.