Anybody else here bought the new Ben Brooks novel yet?

Anybody else here bought the new Ben Brooks novel yet?

Title: Hurra

Synopsis: "Hooray for the sister who jump from a multi storey car park and wear underwear uncombined. Hooray for a funeral imagine going to Harry Potter, the latest vaquita and the two Murakamis. Hooray for sleeping late, beer for breakfast and parallel universes where everything is a little better. Hooray for important tattoos made with ink pen and sewing needle. Hooray for the father who lives in a tent and mother always says' I also have the right to leave. " Hooray for the flight to Paris, Berlin and Barcelona. Hooray for the only girl who understands you. Hooray for Ben Brooks, which gives the history of grieving sister in a family that is desperate and hilarious version of Salinger. Hurra, three cheers for "hurray" his most exciting, tender and desperate novel"

Blurb: "No one understands the world today better than Ben Brooks." THE GUARDIAN

casadellibro.com/libro-hurra/9788416290529/2978707

"lol"

Fuck no.

never ever ever

who the fuck is Ben Brooks. nice t-shirt though

Why is that synopsis barely legible?

does he look like a smug fuck or what

is there a rule that you have to do that with your face?

bump

No one asked for a Bukowski ripoff

I don't know who he is, but I can tell he's a cunt by looking at him. This, coupled with your guardian quote, means I will never pick up a book of his.

There OP, are you happy? Here's the (You) that you crave

>smug ass face
>Daniel Johnston shirt
>shitty tattoos
>floral print
>THAT STUPID FUCKING FACE
God I haven't wanted to punch someone this much in a while

It must really suck to be you.

fuck of ben. go read a book.

So is he like a hipster version of John Green?

Does John Green writing about "doing a bukakke" on a pet dog?

>got a good job
>going on a trip next month
>enough time to read and freelance
>got laid a week ago

I'll be fine.

>being this eager to prove your "worth"

Spooked as fuck my nigga

You sound insecure as fuck

This is what people mean when they say the modern novel is shit.

>The Daniel Johnston tshirt

That's what infuriates me the most about that picture

I'd be lying if I said I wasnt at least a little insecure. I have anxiety sometimes. But when an filthy user online is trying to make me feel bad by telling me "it must suck to be you" because I dont read shit books, my autism flsares up a bit. you though... shit user you must be a hole full of self hatred and greasy hair.

>triggered

Makes me feel the same way Xavier Dolan did back in '13, except I knew Dolan was great. ISHYGD think this fuckboy is.

The academia-media-publishing industrial complex says he's good so he must be good.

>those tattoos

Why? Does the umbrella symbolize the fact that he's fragile and easily forgotten?

The book is Lolito and it's been out for a while nobody cares fuck off Ben

I see Lolito at the bookstore quite often and I always think "what's this trite bullshit" and now I have a face and name to associate with that question

who are you

no, they don't.

They do actually, he was one of the winner's of this year's Somerset Maugham awards

has anyone relevant ever won that award?

You could have googled it but I'll save you the effort. Contrary to popular belief a lot of traditional tattoo imagery have meanings. Anchor is obvious for example. Chicken and pigs were often the only animals to survive sinking boats so are a sign of good luck. Umbrellas are for shelter or protection.

Literally nothing wrong with that dark floral print bro.