I spent every cent of money I have on books

I spent every cent of money I have on books

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OdahSTbhU7g).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At least you spent it on something that will last for quite awhile.

How many do you have? You can't say that and not show off your collection.

D-do you have enough to eat on this month?
Don't starve user

>he thinks consuming literature is just a metaphor

hold on, lemme organize my phone, I have so many fucking photos on it, it won't load my most recent one. I gotta dump um onto a folder on my computer.

Problems you don't have using a Kindle. Book smellers never learn.

>not having both physical books and a kindle
Point at the pleb and laugh kiddos

I have a kindle too, but to be honest it's very unsatisfying not having the book to read in my hand. You have no idea how empty I feel inside when I'm moving digital copies of a book onto it. There's a different feeling you get reading a book, when you wait for it to arrive to you and see it sitting on your shelf, tangible.
Yeah I have enough to eat lol.

1/4

2/4

Someone else just started a bookshelf thread, might as well move them over there?

3/4

4/4

I spent all of my mommy's money on books

Is that Miku?

yes

>Gravity's Rainbow
>Journey to the End of Night
>The Ego and His Own
>2666
>The Tunnel
>BLOOD MERIDIAN
Hope you survive these next few months user.

LOL! I know a few of the books I got are a bit too ambitious for me, but to be honest that's the appeal. I love picking up a book, getting really frustrated at it and feeling so worn out reading it that I literally fall asleep. That's the experience that I've had reading Gravity's Rainbow. I'm currently reading La Bas, it's not too difficult, I've been chipping away at it for a couple months now and I just came back to it. It's sufficiently challenging though, which is good.

OP, do you get all your book recommendations from Veeky Forums?

Don't get me wrong, you got some great stuff there but it's kinda odd looking at a shelf with 100% memes.

>Bukowski
>Veeky Forums meme
Don't think so, bub.

>spending money on books
>could buy a kindle for $80 and get free ebooks of all the basic af books you have
enjoy your tears

hating him is a lit meme

Well, I found a lot of the stuff that I wanted to read by Better Than Food, because a friend of mine showed me the channel and I became so fascinated with it that I watched every single one of his reviews multiple times. I didn't even use lit when I decided that I wanted to get into books. Then I discovered lit and I thought that the selection of books on this website seemed interesting, so I decided to get into some of those too.

Better than food is really the thing which made me realize how interesting and challenging reading could be though, which is what got me so fascinated with literature. I'm always taking up new fascinations though, I've been fascinated with music for years, I inexhaustibly immerse myself in it.

I have thousands of dollars well, at least A thousand worth of books and I love it.

I might start doing this. She is making a lot more money now at her new job, and I know she will have no objections in buying me books. It's a win win!

OP here, no regrets. I love my books. As I said here I have a kindle and I decided that I don't really like reading books on it.

>story of the eye

my nigger

Sheeeeit

You will never be the same after reading all these gems

Not really a lot for "wasting all your money" on them. I spend a lot of money on books and have at least 10 times that.

I guess this is why you should work hard in school then, huh user :^)

Last month I spent 500 dollars on books. I like to use good toilet paper.

M-muh big physical book collection! Its so specal! I NEEEED to have a visual display in my living qusrters of all of the pretentious, shitty books I have read!

>actually reading the books
they're just there for the cute Erykah Badu-type bitches

Gregory Bateson is severely underrated. Peep Steps to an Ecology of Mind if you ever come across it. Props.

Some people actually grew up with physical books and appreciate to have something of value in their hands. They sit in their comfy library and read. You know. I didn't think I'd have to explain why people love physical books on a damn literature board. You probably live in a big city, in tiny apt. and slave away on a 15$ job.

OP here again. This is the other part of my collection I didn't show. I feel extremely intimidated by these books, I tried godel esther bach and it blew my mind how obtuse it was.

is Cosmos a pleb-friendly book?

I just bought these. I know that Carl Sagan made a career in popularizing science, and his show Cosmos is still aired on the science channel, in spite of it being made in the 70s I think. I dunno about the book, but the show captivated me when I was younger in a big way, I still think Carl Sagan is one of my favorite speakers ever, his speech "man in his arrogance" is one of my favorite speeches ever.

Ray Kurzweil is meh. GEB is a zany logical fest. The Information by Gleick is really fucking good, His Chaos was a first rate primer into getting into Manuel Delanda's quasi-scientific approach to Deleuzian ontology. Turing's Cathedral was a fucking snoozefest. Our Mathematical Universe was really out there too. I've only read Elbow Room by Dennett. All in all, get ready to spend some time and do some serious work with these, user.

Talking with one of my friends about Ray Kurzweil was some of the most far out discussions I've ever had to be honest. Ever since I started talking with my friend about futurism and trans humanism, it's really opened up a bunch of new perspectives for me.

>Talking with one of my friends about Ray Kurzweil was some of the most far out discussions I've ever had to be honest.
The discussions I had with my friend about Ray Kurzweil were some of the most far out I've ever had to be honest*
fixing the grammar

How do you like that Rimbaud Collection book you have? I was thinking of picking up that exact one.

I picked it up and to be honest I do not get poetry at all, I just picked it up because I heard about the life that rimbaud lived, stealing someone's married husband, doing fuck tons of drugs, and stabbing people in bars for fun, which is why I decided to try out his poetry. I really have a hard time getting poetry, I still need to read it some more. Last time I picked it up it was all greek to me, to be honest.

0/10

this boy finna drink

Even a season in hell? Listen to this reading of it (youtube.com/watch?v=OdahSTbhU7g). It's really good and should give you context. I've posted it before on this board, maybe it'll give you motivation to get back into his poetry.

>I tried godel esther bach and it blew my mind how obtuse it was.
it's a pop-science book written for the layman. try reading some actual mathematics

What a bunch of great books honestly. Enjoy them.

senpai you dont even have that many books tho

That is pretty sick. Woke up at 3am this morning and listened to the whole thing on my phone speaker.

I spent about 200 euros on an e-reader and downloaded most of my books. I get that physical books might be more enjoyable but a man has got to eat.

La Bas
was it any good?

I'm 75 pages into it. It's taking me forever because it's so tedious. It's literally just two guys sitting around talking about art and the history of satanism in europe, and whatever else. Then they go into a bell tower and talk with the bell tower guy. It's literally nothing but talking in really dense 1800s language.