What is the Veeky Forums equivalent of this? Something that features dry and absurdist humour

What is the Veeky Forums equivalent of this? Something that features dry and absurdist humour.

My life

My first thought was Terry Pratchett desu

Whoa now, Monty Python is better than that show some respect.

Probably nothing OP. Books can be humorous, like Catch-22 or Confederacy of Dunces, but for real, true comedy you need the human voice and mannerisms. Printed comedy can never reach the level of performers.

Douglas Adams. He was also good friends with MP and I believe helped write an episode or something. Also helped write for doctor who.

At Swim-Two-Birds.

Catch 22

I actually prefer Terry Pratchett to Monty Python

I'd say Rejtő but the translations suck. Maybe Christopher Moore?

As You Like it

Beckett.

PG Wodehouse, Saki

reddit

Tom Sharpe?

Don Quixote

This.

P G Wodehouse, Tom Sharpe, Evelyn Waugh for style.

The Holy Grail is literally Don Quixote but less funny and with a whole lot less to say about life and humanity.

Have you even seen Life of Brian or Meaning of Life?

/thread

My diary desu

Tumblr

>comparing tasteless thrash to Don Quixote

I always though Christopher Buckley was really funny and sarcastic

It's really hard to nail the delivery on a joke in print.

Kys

PG Wodehouse as others have said. Also early Dickens would strike your fancy. Douglas Adams as well, though thou shall not speaketh of that name in these parts. And i agree with the Don Quixote recommendation, grown men playing make-believe and going on adventures, gotta love it!

once again Don Quixote is the ONLY correct answer here. the book is nonstop bantz and humor.

Some of Pynchon's humor reminds me of Monty Python, Specifically Benny from V.
Shakespeare as well in his funnier moments.

the once and future king. Pellinore and the questing beast. grummore dressing up as the beast. the unicorn scene. piggy. lancelot. Pellinore and grummore fighting. it's literally the quest for the holy grail.

Sewer, Gas, and Electric by Matt Ruff is the droid you are looking for

The Napoleon of Notting Hill, by G.K. Chesterton.

It's a about an idiot man obsessed with medievalerie, made king in a futuristic dystopian London where people are so indifferent to politics they elect their leaders at random.

>praise from pynchon on the cover
already Veeky Forums-approved by that metric

Pls leave, Reddit.

Pls medicate, autist.