According to Science, does life after death exist?

According to Science, does life after death exist?

Other urls found in this thread:

brahmanedu.org/english/materials/images.html#story1
brahmanedu.org/english/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This reality consists of physical reality (space, matter, energy, and the laws of physics) and consciousness. It is clear that there is a link between the two. By simply willing it to happen, we can make our bodies move, interacting with and changing physical reality. If you pick up an object, you are using consciousness to manipulate physical reality. It is also clear that physical reality can affect consciousness. If your body is injured, you consciously experience pain. If you stand near a flame, you consciously experience the sensation of heat. This suggests that one is subjective to the other and therefore its existence arises from the other. Mainstream, contemporary science would have us believe that consciousness arises from physical reality. However, scientists have no evidence for this. All they know is that there is a link between a brain and consciousness. That only proves that there is a link; it provides no indiciation as to which arises from which.

The closest thing to a physical explanation for consciousness we have is neurons. However, neurons control our entire central nervous system, not just our brain, and they are still there when we are unconscious while sleeping. Our brains make our bodies breathe even when we are not thinking about it and even while we sleep. Our brains turn information from photons into visual images. They do a lot of things that we are not consciously responsible for. Neurons are the basis of a body's central nervous system, not of consciousness. The only evidence that a brain or neurons are responsible for consciousness is that there is a link between the two and there is no other physical explanation for consciousness. However, there does not have to be a physical explanation for consciousness if consciousness is not subjective to physical reality.

This realization, however, leaves another, arguably more important question unanswered: What happens when we die? This question relies in large part on whether or not we, as conscious beings, exist forever. To answer these questions, one must consider what reality really is. Of course reality conists of physical reality and consciousness, but physical reality is subjective to consciousness. Objective reality, then, is essentially two things: Consciousness and time. However, time is not really a thing, so it might be more correct to say that objective reality is only consciousness. Time is simply something that passes. It is objective. That leaves consciousness. Each conscious entity is objective and can be seen as a quantum of consciousness.

Time is infinite. Your life is finite. It is only approximately one century out of eternity. One century out of eternity is a finite number out of infinity, or one out of infinity. One out of infinity is infinitesimally small--so small that most mathematicians would say that it is exactly equal to zero. Although that is not technically correct, the difference between a finite number out of infinity and zero is infinitely small. If your existence is finite, if you die when your body dies, then the chance that this moment in time happens to occur during your finite existence out of infinite time is one out of infinity. That is, if your existence is temporary, then the chance that you currently exist is zero. Yet you exist.

It could, of course, be argued that the above argument is invalid because there will always be someone who exists, and out of infinite possibilities, some extremely unlikely or even infinitely unlikely possibility will always exist. This is true. The current state of the Universe, down to every detail, is one out of an incomprehensibly large number of possibilities, yet here the Universe is, in its current state, despite the unliklihood. This moment in time is one out of infinite. However, it is guaranteed that the Universe exists in some state. It is guaranteed that we are currently in a finite moment in infinite time. Although the chance that the Universe exists in its current state is extremely low, and although the chance that we are currently in this exact moment out of infinite time is infinitely small, the current moment and the current state of the Universe were not chosen at random for this thought experiment; rather, they were chosen because we currently exist in this moment in time and the Universe currently exists in its current state.

With consciousness, one could make a similar argument. Go outside and look around. Do you see a man? Yes, that man exists right now, but what if he does not exist a few decades from now? Why can he not cease to exist? Why can there not be infinite conscious entities over all eternity, each one having a finite lifespan? Why can that conscious being, that man, not cease to exist, only to be replaced by another? Was that man not chosen simply for this thought experiment because he happens to exist right now, in the same way that the current state of the Universe and the current moment in time were chosen in the last thought experiment not at random but because they currently exist? This is true, of course. That man was chosen not at random, but because he happens to be right here right now. Perhaps he will cease to exist and another conscious being will come into existence. That man's existence proves nothing to me. It proves nothing to you. My existence proves nothing to you. Your existence proves nothing to me.

With consciousness, however, it is not that simple. Although that man's consciousness and your consciouss prove nothing to me, my consciousness proves something to me. Although that man's consciosness and my consciousness prove nothing to you, your consciousness can prove something to you. Your existence is everything to you. Literally everything. All you know, all you ever have known, all you ever will known. To you, your existence, your perception, is the entirety of existence itself. If your perception is finite, if it has only existed for a few decades and will only exist for a few more decades, then the rest of infinite time is nothing. It is not like being in this moment where there will always be another, but rather, it is this moment or *nothing*. All other possibilities are identical: Nothingness. All possibilities except this one tiny sliver of eternity. Yet it is this one tiny sliver of eternity, the only one that differs from the rest, the one out of infinity, that currently exists. If it is true that the rest is nothingness, that you will cease to exist, that consciousness can die; that chance is one out of infinity. If your existence is finite, then the chance that you currently exist is zero. If you currently exist, then the chance that your existence is finite is zero. This leaves only one conclusion: Conscious exists forever. Consciousness cannot die.

Knowing that physical reality is subjective to consciousness, and knowing that consciousness exists forever, leaves one question still unanswered: What happens when we die? Given that physical reality is subjective to consciousness, we clearly exist beyond the confines of the physical Universe. When our body dies we break free not only from our body, but from this Universe. Philosophical thought experiments alone cannot tell us for sure where we go, but it is reasonable to assume that, given the fact that we, consciousness, created something as complex and perfect as this Universe, we have the freedom and ability to create other realities and do whatever we desire when we are not bound by the limits of a physial body. Perhaps when our body dies we return to pure consciousness until we are ready to be born into this Universe again, or perhaps we go to a sort of in between reality where there is some level of physical reality but we are more free as if in a dream, or perhaps we remain in this Universe, our perfect creation, but simply without the limits of a body. All that we can be certain of is that, eventually, we will live again. Between birth and death, we experience life. Between death and birth, we can only speculate what we will experience. Regardless of what exists beyond physical incarnation, dying in this life is like turning off your Xbox: You leave the game and return to 'real life'.

Do not fear death. Death is an illusion. Live a good life. Accomplish something worthwhile with your life. Leave Earth a better place than it was when you arrived here. Enjoy your life. When death arrives, accept it openly and move on to your next adventure in this expansive reality and infinite eternity.

God damn u aint counting to 10
And go back to >>/x/

sage'd

I hope you get alzheimers

You can philosophise all you want but it doesn't prove anything

scientifically speaking,
life after death is an oxymoron

Officially, no. There is no scientific evidence to suggest that life exists after death, or to give credit to the existence of a higher power. Because I am a very strong believer in science, the scientific method and object analysis, this is contradictory to what my principles stand for, but I consider myself a deist. I have no evidence for the existence of a higher power.

That being said, I am fascinated by the near death experience phenomenon in clinically brain dead people. Many skeptics attribute this to a flood of DMT in the brain, however it is much more complicated than that and I think that simply dismissing thousands of these cases and writing the off as DMT is ignorant.

The Laboratory for Advances in Consciousness and Health at the University of Arizona aims to investigate things like these using the scientific method and there has been a lot of research publications which are fascinating to read.

I would strongly recommend checking out a book called "Science and the Near Death Experience" which is a very thought provoking read. None of this is proof of an afterlife or higher power, but read it with an open mind. I believe that there are things about our reality and universe that the human mind will never be able to comprehend. Neil Armstrong was also a deist which is pretty cool. I will probably get flamed for this by fedoras but it's some food for thought.

you should try DMT before you decide that senpai

I prefer being a borderline alcoholic trying to become a physician.

just saying, if you are really interested.

my sensation straight after was just "people arent supposed to see that yet, wtf"

completely anecdotal, but though DMT doesnt completely explain it, there is something going on there....

but then again: who here enjoy /delusion/ ? (me)

Maybe someday I will give it a shot.

No.

End of thread.

You are no fun

There are several types of death such as a physical death, death of a soul's body, a soul's death, etc.

First of all, people have to know the existence of their souls and souls' bodies.

Structure of one's soul and his soul's body,
Location of one's soul and his soul's body in a human body, etc
brahmanedu.org/english/materials/images.html#story1

After one's physical death, his soul and soul's body can go to hell or can be born with a man, a woman, another type of animal, insect, etc.

The next birth of one's soul and his soul's body depends on morality and social justice because nowadays most of all the religions are occupied by evil deities and devils.

I recommend lectures about Prajna Paramita Heart Sutra taught by Maitreya Buddha and Messiah, who gives much more logical and scientific teachings than science gives.
brahmanedu.org/english/index.html
This lecture includes
history before Big Bang occurred,
birth of souls, birth of gods, births of goodness and evil, birth and process of stars, birth of matters, etc.

I want /x/ to LEAVE

Fuck off Mandeep

There should be a fucking box that asks if you're from /x/ for this board; much like the "are you over 18?" box that appears when you click on a board. If you answer "Yes" you get kicked the fuck out.

>Expecting people to use the honour system on the internet

For someone on Veeky Forums you are pretty fucking naive you know that?

Does death exist after life?

That's the best thinking some physicsist/tinfoil has? A more effective and automatic approach would be to require a web browser plugin that is mandatory to post here so that it could:
1.) Make most phoneposters forced into lurking.
2 ) Scan history for *.Veeky Forums.org/x/*, if a result hits, the post is immediately aborted.
Another less-invasive method could also be to check the webpage they came from. If it matches *.Veeky Forums.org/x/*, perhaps set some script to abort posts from this client, but don't do it in javascript for obvious reasons.

Let's just ban the internet

Why don't most programming languages use complex numbers by default? They're clearly superior to real numbers

please elaborate, where is the evidence proposed by science to support what OP is saying?

According to science life after death makes no sense.
If you are alive you did not die.
If you died you are not alive anymore.

According to science, does anime waifus exist?

You only have one example of consciousness that is absolutely certain, your own, and it is always accompanied by the physical reality of your body and brain, furthermore it's always accompanied by physical behaviors common to humans, other mammals, and other various creatures with brains

However lots of phenomena like rocks and the ocean do not share these behaviors, nor do they have brains, and therefore we do not conclude they have consciousness

So some things have physical reality but no consciousness, but we've yet to find something that definitely has consciousness but has no physical reality, so the natural conclusion is that consciousness arises from physical reality, not the other way around

Obviously it's no airtight, it's not proof, but I take issue with you saying there's no evidence at all, the evidence is pretty clear

because in any decent programming language complex numbers can be implemented in only a couple lines of code in whatever notation you prefer to work with.

In graphics display applications a lot of programmers implement quaternions, which contain the complex numbers.

>does life after death exist

Thanks to the dynamics of Quantum Suicide, coupled with the certainty that we're living in a simulation, of course.

Lots of features of consciousness are correlated with neuron activity

Brain scans can show that certain systems are active when you feel pain, or when you recognize some visual cue, and data on your brain can even be correlated with your long term mood and personality

We don't have the full picture on how consciousness arises, no doubt, but I think it's much too early to start looking for non-brain explanations for consciousness given that consciousness seems only to appear with neurons and brains, and given how much evidence we already have linking consciousness to specific brain activity

You didn't show that physical reality is "subjective to" (I think you mean subjected to) consciousness, you haven't shown that physical reality "arises from" consciousness, all you've done is say that maybe it's possible

So I don't see how you can then conclude

>objective reality is therefore consciousness and time

>If your existence is finite, if you die when your body dies, then the chance that this moment in time happens to occur during your finite existence out of infinite time is one out of infinity.

That's not how probability works, the odds that now is now is not 1/infinite it's 1/1, now is now because the past is the past, and the future will be the future. it's not like the universe picks a random state every moment and moves to another random state on the next moment, every moment is predicated upon the one before it, and that one is predicated upon the one before it, etc

Likewise the chances that you "currently exist" are not simply random, they are predicated upon the features of your existence, you are a collection of facts in some sense, including your date of birth and death

There's a growing number of very good reasons that suggest our reality is a simulation. If death is like deleting a file from your computer hard drive, then think about what happens to that file after it's deleted. It stays on the hard drive but it's index/name has been removed so it can't interact with the computer, stuck in a sorta permanent limbo till that space on the disk gets reused. But we're sentient beings, not datasheets and files. What if a sentient being taught themselves how to interact with stuff in that deleted space and exist there. If that someone were benevolent they could teach and guide others how to do the same. Teach enough people and you've effectively created an afterlife. Now considering how long the universe has existed, how many people have been born and died, and the possibility of alien races who might be smarter than us and more adept at this sorta thing, it almost sounds quite plausible that an afterlife can exist.

This has the same issue as before, whether you exist now is not a matter of random probability

If every consciousness was finite, then a natural conclusion of that would be that for each consciousness, that consciousness exists only for a small time out of infinity and that time is the time during which it exists

I'm not seeing at all how the only conclusion is that consciousness is infinite

We don't even know what consciousness is. It is not something that can be scientifically measured.

Yes, and?

Do you believe in God?

We exist from point A (birth) to point of time B (death) at line of 4th dimension. Our existence is "always" between those two points, as time is just illusion caused by our brain. Brain experiences our life, the space between these points as linear event. Our brainfunctions, mind and memories cease to exist after death, after point B, but our brain still continues to function between point A and B (remember that time itself does not exist). Real question would be how the brain experiences the death, how we experience our own death? Most realistic solution woud be infinite linear loop between A and B. While brain's experience goes to point B it simply warps to point A, as it cannot experience anything beyond point A. Well why wouldn't our experience of our life simply stop after reaching point B. Think about it. If our brain experienced life just once, in universe which might have infinite lenght of timeline, the changes that you are experiencing life RIGHT NOW should be completily minimal, as it has infinite amount of nothingness before birth and after death.

>While brain's experience goes beyond point B it simply warps to point A, as it cannot experience anything beyond point B.
Edit.