We're throwing a party tonight, user! You should come, but try not to do all that book talk stuff, ok man?

We're throwing a party tonight, user! You should come, but try not to do all that book talk stuff, ok man?

sorry I don't go to parties with faggots (actual homosexuals) and girls that have tattoos. too edgy 4 me.

>getting invited to parties

>tfw I bring my copy of Infinite Jest and read in the corner

Far Left
>Yeah man we can, like, play some super nintendo and... remember how much we played that back then?... Also I started playing guitar since then so we can talk about it and whatever... I remember you said you played guitar so I thought...
Central
>Umm.. like yeah this place is shaping up to be a patriarchal boys club, so, like, I think I might go...
Far Right
>Hey what's up dude yo how you been doin' man fuck we got some hot green shit why don't you come dude get a bit loose you know what I'm sayin' like we got girls and shit you ain't still a virgin, right man? It's cool I'm just playin' and shit I got this cutie I'd like to introduce you to c'mon man just come along it'll be cool just like the old days remember that one time...

>implying

What even is this? Get off this board faggot

Oh god, uh, no thanks. That's not really my thing. But you guys go ahead and enjoy yourselves without me, you seem like the kind of people who like to have... [he gulps profusely, sweating like a tropical storm, vomits a little into my mouth and swallows it] ...fun...

Nah, I don't want to hang out with a bunch of faggots that read graphic novels, watch superhero movies and talk about "nerd culture". I'll be back at the crib discussing literature and philosophy if you guys are still up after the party.

>Corona
>Pabst Blue Ribbon
Not even in the same country

Kill the guy in the jean jacket. Fuck the guy with the suicidal tendencies shirt. Marry the girl she a cute.

>Realicidal Tendencies
What the fuck is that shirt? Why are they bastardizing the name of a classic metal band?

It is my experience that people like this are far more than average to be able to talk about books.

Even if they're not talking solid Veeky Forumscore, and they're maybe not going to talk about it at an actual large party, I think you're more likely to get a good chat out of these hipsters than many folk.

Does it ever fuck with anyone else's head that, because we're all from different countries and scenes and classes and locations even within those countries, we can have these totally different appreciations of simple images/stereotypes?

It's not like stereotypes even mean shit anymore, since the internet started even our preconceived ideas and cultural stereotypes have succumbed to a schizoid fracture, infinite demi-mondes and no monde to be found.

>What else is there to talk about?

>It is my experience that people like this are far more than average to be able to talk about books.

yes but they've only read just enough to somewhat claim the image of "reader". which isn't bad and i probably wouldn't mind talking about those works a little bit, but there is less posturing to the normies so i vastly prefer drinking with them.

give me a barely literate normie over a snarky yuppie hipster any day.

>they've only read just enough to somewhat claim the image of "reader"
Have you considered that there is more to their lives than just wanting to claim that image?

of course there is more to their lives and their trials you idiot. don't try to paint me as someone bereft of human solidarity just because i'm not cheerleading their bullshit pseudo affectations.

this is exactly the kind of needling snark that i am talking about.

Tbh this just makes me regret missing most parties in my 16-22 years. Yes, they talk like idiots, but at least they're fun in a stupid way. Once all your peers turn into adults, your life just gets staid and boring because the pepole around you lose vitality; you'll wish for those hipster idiots then.

>cute
>tattoos

I'll go and drink and maybe talk with that 2/10 blonde slag before I realize how much I don't like getting drunk and then go home and sulk with my finches Raskolnikov and Alyona.

Why don't you like getting drunk? It's my magical anti-autismo elixir

Last time I went to a house party we put on the TV Benning's Natural History, Holy Motors and Shiraishi's whole filmography while smoking weed, talking about philosophy and cinema. Fun times for all.