Is it fedora to put busts of great authors on your bookshelf?

Is it fedora to put busts of great authors on your bookshelf?

yes

winston churchill put busts on his desk, but he was usually related the people they depicted.

but i think wore top hats not fedoras

Sorry plastic model busts from Barnes? Yes.
Actual marble busts done by hand by a true sculptor? No.

>No.
Pretty sure that's even more fedora lol

Your middle-brow is showing.

as is your fedora lol

I made a bust of my wife a few years ago, I have that on my desk. I wouldn't put it on any of my bookshelves because it wouldn't fit, it would be too heavy, and they're already cramped enough as is.

I don't think most bookshelves can handle the weight of one; then again, if you can afford a marble bust of an author you can probably afford a top-quality bookshelf.

where is the bust of your wife son?

My wife was 15 when I made it, user.

She's pregnant with my daughter now.

etc etc

Cool statue of hitler dude.

*rolls eyes*

Having busts in your room is patrish

Depends on the author

>Nietzsche
yes
>Evola
no

never thought of it like that but now that you're saying it sounds like the most fedora think you could do

that looks like shit lol

Minimalism is patrish.

Clutter, is not.

DFW bust when

>"-brow"
your snobbery is showing

minimalism is the funniest current year meme and I am banking on its slow and painful death over the next ten years.

I don't mean that economy in design will ever lose relevance, only that the extreme and very artificial trend of "minimalism" will go the way of the dinosaur very soon—it has already completely lost its edge in both interior decoration and fashion

this looks like ass. i dont even want to know what possessed you to drape that bead shit over it. are you a hindu? the surroundings need to match it or at least have some modicum of taste or else it looks tacky and pretentious (read: you)
the statue itself is also hideous. i do have busts of my favorite composers as well as good art in my lounge (also where my piano rests, a grand steinway that cost 2 years of savings.)
basically: you cant buy a piece of shit from some god-forsaken second hand shop, plop it on your ugly scratched up desk and call it patrician. get a clue.

Why do you give a fuck?

Hang dildos up the ceiling if that is what you like. It is definitely fedora asking others if it's ok to decorate YOUR room with something YOU want.

Insecure batshit.
>Veeky Forums - Literature

>some modicum of taste
stop being obnoxious. the worst kind of pretentiousness is unimaginitive snobbery—that insults someone for doing anything not conventionally tasteful because it shows them to be 'uncultured', 'middle-brow', 'bourgeois', 'dull'. To call him pretentious, and to only mean that he pretends above his own worth—that he should stop vainly imagining he's good enough to be one of us—is to be the worst and most unbearable kind of snob.

I don't like his horse head either but you don't need to make an ass of yourself to say so. I enjoy people who like tacky things, and I love them for their shameless admiration of horse-head busts or needlepoint wall art or rococo furniture. The man with a real love for the beauty in imperfect things is worth any number of men with "fine taste".

And, giving the benefit of the doubt, I think that he said "patrician" because it's a meme that nobody takes seriously.

This is on my desk

This is why you'll never join the Patrician community.
You let people's opinion influence you.

*tips fedora*

>Patrician community

>A term created ENTIRELY based on the fact that people care about their status within social circles

What?

I wanted to do it while she was still pretty.

S

E

M

How do even know what gender it is if it hasn't even come out yet? Is your wife a sorceress?

DFW

Show don't tell, user

E

just do whatever you want my dude

Veeky Forums here, I can confirm this. Eclectic is the new minimalism.

glad you could chime in to "confirm" this, user

It is, but not if you're 20 and living in a dorm room, OP. You need the right house, and quite honestly, be at least in your 30s. AND it needs to definitely be someone you've read and studied a lot.
And it can NOT be of an edgelord, such as Nietzsche, Marx, Stalin, Adolf. Nor a living person. Nor of your autistic historic husbandu such a fucking Caesar or Napoleon or some shit, okay?

You're very welcome.

You'll never be patrician with that attitude.

K

Eat my shit weaboo.

Doctor told me
I don't show anything personal

All we have is a DFW candle. Am I autistic if I buy one? I actually kind of want it.

Not only is that painting bad art, it clashes. I could forgive you Veeky Forumsggots for being snobs if you understood taste past the surface level. Good deocration is an accidental result of good aesthetic, not the other way round.

K

Is your wifee a hijabi?

Wow, I was just thinking about this, in a way, because I have busts of Homer, Dante, and Shakespeare, and then next to them in fourth I have a bust I had made of, well, me. You might think that's pretentious or vain or stupid, but honestly, when it comes time to write, it's a good reminder of what I'm trying to achieve every time I sit down at the old macbook. It helps. And if you're a writer, you know we need it. Anyone who says writing isn't a real job hasn't written a good sentence in their lives. It's like a craft, like carpentry, and you suffer for it, every day, which explains the cross above the desk.

Then don't share your shitty opinions.

Nope.
What opinions.

O

>I have busts of Homer, Dante, and Shakespeare, and then next to them in fourth I have a bust I had made of, well, me. You might think that's pretentious or vain or stupid, but honestly, when it comes time to write, it's a good reminder of what I'm trying to achieve every time I sit down at the old macbook.

this has to be a ruse there is no way

Aren't you a fucking genius.

excuse me but that was a little bit rude

>AND it needs to definitely be someone you've read and studied a lot.
>And it can NOT be... your autistic historic husbandu[sic] such as a fucking Caesar or Napoleon or some shit, okay?
Why would you ever read and study someone who's NOT your autistic historic husbando?

Gaddis

It's fedora to read anything that is left of Nietzsche and fedora to read anyone who wasn't born and raised in Europe. You fucks won't listen; and thats why attacks like Nice and Munich will happen again, and again, and again.]

Eat shit and die shitting

No. It gives the room character.

B

as we all know churchill was a fucking idiot
so yes

lol calm down sperglet

This looks ghastly.

If they look nice as book ends.

O

>but he was usually related the people they depicted.
This is like double fedora and maybe that equals top hat or something. There's no point in having a load of junk on your desk even with computer now.

Plus dusting is a pain but I guess if your mom or mom substitute does it for you...

N

Y

Only person I know who does I my grandpa and its a bust of Mussolini so...

based grandpa

S

C'mon mate, everybody on this board is middlebrow

that looks disgusting

Why does it matter? Whatever conclusion people draw about the subject, just be assured that those opinions come from an irrational brain.

I got one of Stalin semi-ironically because I read his biography and wanted to be as dedicated in my studies as he was

So like you're imitating Zizek? Try doing it non-ironically, it's better for you.

Imagine having a fucking Pynchon bust.
I'd probably go for an Ibsen one, though.

where to cop busts, though

holy fuck lollin so hard

> Zizek imitating Zizek
How pure is this ideology?

Moderately unaesthetic.