What exactly is it about diamonds that make them the hardest metal known to man?

What exactly is it about diamonds that make them the hardest metal known to man?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=69fr5bNiEfc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

its chemical configuration

>diamonds
>metal

kek

Its all about quantum metallicity. When the left-quark induces spin in the q-space it makes it increase in hardness exponentially

lurk more fig newton

I don't know enough about physics to be sure, but I do know enough to say that really sounds like bullshit.

>I don't know enough about physics
exactly, brainlet. you better stop posting and keep lurking

>he doesn't know about sublimated q-matter physics

>being new
here's your (you)

Diamonds are not a metal, they are covalent crystals.
The structure of the crystal makes the bonds extremely effective against abrassion.
How come there isn't even one right answer in this thread? Is really Veeky Forums full of pseudo-scientists?

I remember when I was new

Have you even read the Pitt paper? Didn't think so. So shut the fuck up. Results were pretty undeniable.

They aren't as hard as the true strongest matter, Perceptronium.

Yeah the equations governing metallicty are quite elegant for diamonds. It really shows the beauty of strength of metals.

wait... I remember this... Something like this was already asked like half a year or more before. And since I refuse to believe that people believe that diamonds are a metal I'm going to assume you are shitposting

>already asked like half a year
This is one of those dank memes from /b/ in 2008. Little did they know that their memes would turn out to be true, as per Left-quarks are the most common source of quantum metallicity, but they weren't discovered until after 2008.

The structure of its atoms makes it incredibly strong. Instead of another carbon thing like graphite which is quite soft, its carbon atoms form a tetrahedron like shape which makes it hard to break. I'm no expert though

>diamonds
>hardest anything

youtube.com/watch?v=69fr5bNiEfc

Gtfo, meme-monkey

Sage

>metal