Is there any kind of evolutionary advantage or niche to having autism...

Is there any kind of evolutionary advantage or niche to having autism? I hear all the time about how we 'need' people with autism because they're awesome savants who are computer geniuses, but the majority just seem to sit inside and play Minecraft. I think it's just something that parents of autists tell themselves to ease the pain of realizing that their child will never fit into society. I don't really see an evolutionary advantage to something that inhibits your ability to communicate with your fellow man.

it's not genetic its simply a result of ROASTIES over the age of 35 having children

I wish I could kill my mother for being a selfish bitch and deciding to have a kid (me irl) just before menopause when her eggs were rotten condemning me to a life of anime and minecraft

I don't think people on the spectrum should have children. If the kid is born male, he's doomed to a lifetime of pain and solitude unless he's stunningly handsome.

t. son of an autist

It might have been a lot more useful in the hunter gatherer times humans evolved in. Taming wild animals instead of Pokemon. Building things in real life instead of Minecraft. Video games were a mistake; they're like crack for Autistics.

Your life will get better user.

Autists are the chosen heroes of mankind. Once every generation, an autist is chosen to become obsessed about something that he saves humanity with.
Autists are the driving force of humanity.

This

And increased spatial pattern recognition along with increased IQ and memory.

Attractive autist retard here; my psychologist said I was the only one he'd ever seed to complete said portion of the spatial pattern recognition testing. :P

Sometimes there is no evolutionary need for something. If there is a mutation that does not prevent that mutation from being passed on, it will, much like the East Asians' dark genitalia.

>Have friend
>Super autismo
>REFUSES to get hair cut
>Always wears a fedora
>Massively obsessed with minecraft
>Massively obsessed with programming languages
>Got certs in basically 4 separate languages out of HS
>Scholarships left and right
>Couldn't be asked to apply to any schools on time
Literally became a massive waste of potential

Here's some more
>Younger brother has autism
>The bad kind
>Can't even speak regularly just uses groans, grunts, and noises
>Also obsessed with minecraft

WHAT THE FUCK IS WITH THESE PEOPLE AND MINECRAFT!?

Autists are creators, man.
Minecraft is just a very easy way for them to tap into that instinct.

this, although the social aspect of autism makes me suspicious as to their capabilities to survive in a hunter gatherer tribe. maybe it's some random thing to do with reproduction that only shows up in 1 in 100 children when a mother is over 30 or something, and we've just only seen it now thanks to better diagnostics and medical care/agriculture etc

The first thing an autist finds that stimulates them is the thing they mercilessly pursue.

Unfortunately, it's a lot easier to give an autistic kid screeching "NYEEEEEEEEE" Minecraft to shut him up instead of exposing them to the scientific world.

My cousins were conceived by my aunt in her 40s. How fucked are they. One of them already seems to be pretty autistic even for his age, but maybe interacting with each other will save them

>Is there any kind of evolutionary advantage or niche to having autism?
My guess:

Yes. Society operates between the driving forces for stability vs. the driving forces for exploration, in a wide sense. That means going new places, trying new food, new methods etc. Many died. In olden days perhaps most. The successful ones brought society one step forward. Interestingly we never knew their names but we know the names of rulers.

Turning clay into pottery is a huge step. Turning a plant into flax is a huge, time consuming and exacting procedure som complex you really wonder how they discovered that many thousand years ago. And my guess is that these mold breakers were all autists.

Why do these retards insist on putting green color beside primary colors red, blue and yellow?
This really triggers my color theory autism.

>>Couldn't be asked to apply to any schools on time
>asked

Actual autism absolutely confirmed.

Lets test whether you got autism as well:
What color do you consider/feel to be opposite of red?

I have a 5 year old brother who is an autist and yeah, it seems like it's just shit parents say about their kids to make themselves feel better.

My parents have all these books and link me to articles about einstein being autistic and some bitch who likes cows, etc.

Those people are exceptions, just like someone who isn't autistic and is extremely talented at something is an exception.

>my parents had me when they were both 18
>I'm on the borderline between being an autist and not being one
>mother had a kid with a different dude when she was 35
>it has full on autism

what did she expect

There is no evolutionary, social or other advantage to having autism. But it's a fact that some autist have amazing capabilities in range of different fields. People who say we "need" people with autism are retarded.