From Seattle

>from Seattle
>teriyaki places everywhere
>go to NYC
>see food cart that has banner saying it's selling Seattle style teriyaki

u wot m8

I thought teriyaki was everywhere. I wasn't aware there was a Seattle style.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2010/01/06/dining/06unit.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As far as I know, the only thing special about it is that it's sweeter

I'm from Seattle, too. I grew up on teriyaki.

There's 2 types of teriyaki that I've found in other parts of the country:
-something that's closer to the more Japanese style that the higher quality teriyaki places around Seattle serve, though usually this is at actual Japanese restaurants and it comes with like seaweed salad.
-"gutter" teriyaki that is almost inedible - the meat is chopped before it is cooked in sauce. This is what you would find in mall food courts or airports.

>go to a single restaurant in NYC
>assume this is representative of the entire city

Fucking flyovers

Where does 'The best teriyaki sauce you'll ever taste' fall on this spectrum.

Huur. there's only two types of X food. Our type, and everyone else in the world's type. Our type is the best.

t. Everyone. Everywhere. Ever.

Seattle is kind of weird about teriyaki compared to everywhere else. There's waaaay more teriyaki places in Seattle than anywhere else. You can practically find it on every corner. Now for how good each place tastes, that's another thing.

>"Fucking flyovers"

Didn't know Seattle teleported to the midwest...
Or maybe you are just retarded..

OP didn't even go to a restaurant...
You are definitely retarded...

OP was not commenting on restaurants being representative of their respective cities, he was expressing his surprise that teriyaki had a distinctive "Seattle" style...

You are criticizing shit that didn't happen, are you really so fucking salty and retarded?

Tfw no seattlite bf to eat teriyaki with

uhm.. what? Unless you're severely unattractive you have no trouble getting a boyfriend in the city.. even the attractive guys are fucking desperate and they are ruining it for all of us "average" guys

Hey folks where is your favorite teriyaki in Seattle? Preferably in North Seattle.

Fuck teriyaki, din tai fung til death

This is the most cringeworthy hipster post I've seen on this board.

>go into thread about meatballs
>"Fuck meatballs, spinach til death"

Come on, man.

I've been to din tai fung and enjoyed soup dumplings but I want to know about your favorite teriyaki, friend

What's cringy about it? The part about it having more teriyaki places than any other city is true.

nytimes.com/2010/01/06/dining/06unit.html

what makes it cringeworthy and hipster?

1, it is an extremely well known and overplayed restaurant that continues to gain popularity, for good reason.

2, it is technically on the michelin star scale even though it has extremely reasonable prices

do you not like quality food for good prices with a nice view of bellevue?

what the fuck is wrong with you?

Hey, I already gave my input, and answered OP's question and he seems to have thought it was a worthwhile answer and said he would try it. What have you contributed?

Seattle-style is made from therapy dogs

Not only are their dumplings good, but their rice noodle dishes and stir fries are amazing as well.

As for teriyaki, there are so many places and it is so well established in Seattle that pretty much everyone has it down to the same formula. It usually comes down to price, but obviously if it seems too good to be true then they use shit untender chicken which fucking sucks. If you want to be a hipster and go to the "original" teriyaki place, toshi's teriyaki but it is on roy street. Teriyaki madness is a decent chain that has high enough turnover their ingredients are usually very fresh. ichiroll is nice if you want some sushi too. Teriyaki plus or sunny t's is where we go usually. Sunny Teriyaki always hooks it up and I swear theres a sunny t in every city in washington and they're all completely unrelated restaurants. Honestly just look for cleanliness. The ghetto places can be surprisingly good but only if they are run by actual asians, otherwise gtfo.

Oh, that's just low end places, of course, there is the two michelin star equivalent restaurant, Canlis, which I know serves teriyaki but I bet it costs about 60$ a plate and comes with liquid nitrogen frozen salad or some shit.

Seattle has the best teriyaki in the country you dipshit. But that's not saying much as America has the lowest quality standards when it comes to food I have ever seen. We seem to be content overpaying for pure shit and pretending it tastes good so you and the friends you're out with don't feel like you're totally wasting your life.

Nasai teriyaki is also extremely popular for the UW kids. Went there a fuck ton and its a good place to pick up sororasluts. And yes I eat lots of teriyaki. Also mongolian grill. Seattle has good asian food. Their thai places aren't bad. Good burgers too if you're talking red mill's but dicks literally sucks dick.

nerve status:
[ ]not hit
[x]hit

Yes, retards who think they know things and make retarded claims is so counterproductive that it is annoying. I guess you value stupidity. Good luck with that. Your use of memes and banter also clearly indicate you are an in-shape, socially capable, successful guy with a drop dead girlfriend. Congratulations. Your suicide must be coming up soon, eh? It's almost the holidays.

the salt is real.

>I wasn't aware there was a Seattle style

Sweeter, less bold than regular teriyaki.

Think of regular teriyaki as horseradish mustard, and seattle teriyaki as sugary Mcdonalds style honey mustard.

Nori Presto, son. Spicy pork with brown rice get on that shit.

With the Seattle style you feel depressed after eating it.
And then it rains.

>reee mummy I told the mean internet men my super cool and unique opinion and they didn't collectively rip their throats out sucking me off, make it stooooop

I feel like when trolls go this far, usually the comment they are replying to has quite a bit of truth to it.

>user 1 makes shitpost
>user 2 gets turbo mad
>user 1 and 3 laugh about it
>"you went so far to troll me so I'm right"

>American teriyaki

Disgusting

>being so mad that you have to resort to posting scat

I really hope your mommy stops paying your iPhone bill

I live in maine and steak subs with teri is very popular

it's in almost every thread right now, disregard

Did you actually go to UW?

no..? why?..

>replying to spammers

Just report the post and hide it.

Just curious, am currently studying there and wanted to mention how much UW dorm food sucks. On the other hand, The Ave has great options

Why would you want a view of a hospital

Well now you know, pleb. By the way, Chicago style chicken teriyaki, or as I call it, 'go 'ki, is much better.

and where was this nyc food cart? times square?

There isn't anything special about Seattle teriyaki, there's just a lot of it there due to the gooks leaking down from Vancouver

If you don't live in Lower Manhattan, Williamsburg, or Bushwick, you're a flyover

>chicken permission

San Jose/ Santa Clara here...
Went up to Seattle/Sound area, and moving up there soon....

Gotta say, your teriyaki places were everywhere and seemed to go for the white redneck/black military type people.

We have L&L and J&J BBQ down here (hawain style BBQ, honestly the foods kind of disgusting but it;s the closest thing we got)

Easy to buy 3000 calories

Lived in NYC for 19 years of my life and never heard of that. Please tell me where you saw this

Din Tai Fung is overrated and their soup dumplings are shit. Meat and soup are meager and you get charged out the ass.

Flyover is everyone besides Brooklyn and San Fransisco

and you sound like the kind of person that pays 3000-4000 a month rent for a 1br/1b

>and you sound like the kind of person that pays 3000-4000 a month rent for a 1br/1b
Thats precisely what makes one not a flyover

What, the lack of a brain?

>oh, gee let me give someone $4000/month to live in a cramped rathole. What's the next stupidest thing I could do? How about have it be in NY?

um, yeah, exactly

That is the literal definition of a non-flyover, someone who pays an absurd amount of money to live in a tiny shithole in New York or San Fransisco, a few parts of LA probably qualify too

Fuck off californians we're FUCKING FULL REEEEEEEEEEE

In his defense NYC and SF are overpriced AND shitholes, if you want to move to a non-flyover city that isn't trash try Denver or Seattle.

Kill yourself. Your city is a dog shit dumpster fire.

You are missing the point, being an overpriced shithole is an inherent property of being non-flyover. Denver and Seattle are flyover, and thats ok

NYC isn't that expensive if you have a decent job and live in a non-yuppie neighborhood. Do you really think everyone here pays 3000 dollars a month in rent?

Lot's of Hawaiian expats in the PSN. The two scoop rice kind of tips it off in that direction for me. Don't know what's particularly specific about Seattle, though.