/drop/ - Dropshipping General

Tried this a while ago, but gonna try again because I think there are a decent amount of people here doing it.

This is for sharing tips and tricks on running ads, setting up a site, general e-commerce trickery.

My firs tip that I just learned a few days ago.

>don't run ads for your entire catalog or brand until you have an established customer base that knows your brand. Run ad's for either individual products, or extremely specific collections so you can get really specific with targeting (Under 750k-500k possible reach on fb).

Lets make some money and build a business people.

Attached: dropshipping-1.png (360x200, 8K)

What platform are you selling on?

Use alibaba to get into direct contact with supplies, order in bulk materials and design your own niche product thats original while keeping costs cheap by getting the materials. Almost like going from wholesale to retail.

I have a 1.4m Instagram page which is extremely active!
In the tattoo niche. What could I sell?

>Hair removal cream
>body tightening serums
>fake tan
>air brush equipment

Think health and beauty, or decor.

I sell on shopify with oberlo.

With that large of an insta page you should have no problem launching your own brand. You could do apparel, or anything related to tattoo culture. The biggest thing is ordering products ahead of time and getting your own product photos for ads/site.

These are also good. Not sure about "serums" though as they are always BS and not a great way to build a long term business

Remember guys, the way to do this correctly is not to think like a generic dropshipper and just try to make a quick buck selling garbage shit. Just think of dropshipping as a supply chain for a regular business and build/grow/market accordingly.

Fuck Crypto Lambos, we gonna have E-Com Lambos

Attached: 1512593710949.png (510x346, 149K)

Anything insecure people who get tattoos buy, not even joking btw. Piercings, offensive shirts, home hpv tests, etc.

Also $400-$800/day Shopify Store reporting in, all drop shipping. Ama.

In your experience, whats the better way of scaling FB ads, duplicate and double daily spend, or bump up daily spend on working ad 20% a day.

Whats your strategy?

>tfw have a few good $5 a day ads, but whenever I try to scale, they go to shit.

Attached: 1519269562800.png (512x416, 295K)

I don’t use fb ads so I don’t know but same rules as any ppc platform so you probably need better creatives and/or tighter targeting. Start with extremely tight demographics to see which ones convert best then scale/prune.

All instagram influencers?

IG + organic + AdWords right now, slowly scaling to other platforms. Fb isn’t a good fit for my niche otherwise I’d use it.

How many hours a day do you guys contribute into the E-commerce route?

Zero desu. My gf runs the day to day shit and that takes 1-3 hours maybe? If she weren’t doing it I’d automate it somehow but it’s good learning experience for her/keeps her engaged building the brand.

Can you link your site? I'd really like to see how it looks.

Of course he won't. That would "kill his niche" or whatever.

In other words, he's full of shit like most dropshipping LARPers.

Noob here
couldn't you just do everything through Amazon?

Let them handle the shipping, huge customer base
Prob lose out on some profit, but it's turn-key - what am I missing here?

Several things. Notably the fact that you have to comply with a shit load of rules set by Amazon, the fact that you're competing with hundreds of Pajeets and the fact that you'll probably make about $0.01 profit per sale.

www.dildos4less.info

Competition is high, fees are high and increasing, no guarantee it’ll sell, you’ll be stuck with inventory you have to pay amazon to send back to you if it doesn’t sell/starts costing to much, seller central fees, can’t build a brand, and on and on and on. Amazon is good though in some cases.

How many times should you try to work with an influencer before cutting off a relationship. If an ad does not work on the first posting, try again, or just kill it.

Also, Story, or regular post.

Recently, I have had really good results with stories over posts.

Attached: 1507135743755.jpg (777x578, 268K)

lmao nice

If I have nothing but a little capitol, where do I invest first? What should be my first step?

so better off using shopify and just solving the problem of how to draw customers?

Have at least 100$ to test products/use apps/test ads/etc... Without this buffer you may run out of money before turning a profit. I spent over 300$ before I got my first sale.

I think this probably the best route to go.

>I sell on shopify with oberlo.
How does oberlo work? The basic plan seems like no risk at all. Doesn't make sense to me, I'm a brainlet.

There isn't any, they take a small percentage when fulfilling an order, but other than that, you don't pay them anything if you don't sell anything.

>dropshipping in 2018 and not using amazon fba for free money instead

>pic related, a single product

Attached: oneitemkek.png (1328x52, 6K)

The key factor though, is that you cant really do this unless you have a really unique product, as nearly everything on amazon has had the market flooded by pajeets.

>thinking you cant beat pajeets kek.
these ppl shit in the streets, but have cornered a market away from you? really?

there are no MILLION DOLLAR products out there, but you can EASILY make thousands.

step 1.
find medium competition product in the 6-10 dollar range.

youll likely fail to determine medium competition from high competition in the beginning. dont start with more than 500 order quantity. websites/services to find niches out there are terrible. dont waste your time.

step 2.
have product made/order from chinamen

step 3.
throw $500 bucks into paying ppl on fb groups to buy it and review it for you.

so many poorfags will do this for just the free item, but if your item is super niche, i offer $5 plus the item. also adds incentive for them to actually fucking review it.

step 4.
watch inventory alerts, order more as needed.

>literally dont do anything while you rake the money in.

Attached: product2.png (1358x32, 3K)

my products are not unique AT ALL. they have exact replicas already on amazon.

keywords + bought reviews + undercutting = free money

for every 1 good product, youll find 10+ you barely break even on.

Attached: nolarp.png (375x271, 11K)

So you have to take care of the marketing yourself, then? How much would you have to dump into FB ads and such to gain any traction?

What was your initial investment?

$500. started small and because my products are cents, i was able to do 500 qty orders on some of them with little to no risk.

All of my products are MASSIVE mark up.

e.g. 12 cents a unit + 3 dollars fba fees, priced at 7.99.

Essentially 50% net.

How do you get the products to Amazon FBA? Do you have the suppliers ship directly to Amazon? What's the process for that?

>How do you get the products to Amazon FBA? Do you have the suppliers ship directly to Amazon? What's the process for that?

I'm also interested in this, can you shed some light FBAnon?

I have more than that lol Ijust want to know the steps in list format.

Step 1 do x
Step 2 do x etc

Interesting, thanks user

I have them shipped to me (Quality Control), then I bag em and tag em and send them to Amazon FBA. Takes an hour a month at most.

Its pretty easy.

Explain what value you are contributing to society by being a dropshipper.

Nobody would order from you if your customer just typed www.aliexpress.com to their address bar, that's how useless you are.

You're just hoping they never find out, your greatest weakness is people getting info about a single website. You create nothing and provide nothing of value you're just a parasite.

Attached: smug_face_anime_girl_steam_avatars.jpg (184x184, 7K)

ok grandma

At the very least, shipping is much faster if you're doing something like Amazon FBA (Prime members get it in 2 days). A lot of people need or want an item ASAP and can't wait a month for chink shit to arrive.

The value of connecting a customer to a product they didn't know existed for a premium price.
Fucking retard stop being a piece of shit and let others make money instead of being a sour faggot and projecting the fact you probably lost money doing this.

God I can't stand entitled fucks who shun others for providing a service.
If someone cared enough they could find aliexpress themselves but they choose not to. Now kys retard.

Okay, spoke a little out of term as it's not really drop shipping, I was just thinking if you have your supplier ship directly to Amazon FBA (unlike mentioned), it's almost as easy as drop shipping.

You can. Some FBA sellers do it. Although, its not worth the nightmare IMO.

Finding a chinaman to do it.
Having them properly bag and tag it.
Not looking at products prior to amazon fufillment.

etc etc etc

>providing a service

Stop pretending you care about your customers, you're essentially scamming them.

I could provide a service to your customers by pasting an aliexpress link in the comments of your product and you'd propably shit yourself.

Attached: C9ZlmpwWsAEP7ff.jpg (478x380, 27K)

I'm a drop shipper too but ive gotta admit he's kinda right. More and more normies will start to figure out about sites like aliexpress and learn how to identify drop shipping and just search elsewhere for the same items. Good to keep this in mind and adapt

i dont dropship, i amazon fba.

with that said, people been saying this exact same thing since the inception of dropshipping.

aliexpress has been around years and it still goes on. dont underestimate the general publics stupidity or laziness

Once, if they’re not entirely on board then we don’t bother. These days they contact us first. One of the benefits of building a brand.

Oberlo doesn’t have the same range of products as Ali iirc.

I’ve done fba with many products, it’s way more work/risk than drop shipping unless you already have a winner picked out.

This is fucking hilrious.

How much chance of success does someone with no social clout whatsoever but plenty of programming experience have of making this work? Seems to me that the driver behind this hustle is tricking normies via social media into buying a product identical to one hundreds of other online stores offer since you're using oberlo. Do you private label your products and differentiate them somehow?

i have tried to order product from China via Alibaba, but the shipping prices they were quoting me would have killed any profit. What would be normal shipping charges from China to US?

>tricking
>hustle

This whole line of thinking along with the “le what value do you create” is 100% plebbit tier beta faggot thinking desu. Surprised you didn’t use the word “scam” desu.

So how does drop shipping work, exactly.

Sorry for the dumb question, newfag here

Negotiate the shipping they usually drop it.

>Getting angry when other people have morals.

Attached: 9cb.png (1050x903, 1.45M)

I don't see it as a scam. I see it as an ingenious way shopify has found to crowd source social media advertising.

>tips fedora

Kek stay poor.

Attached: link-fork-paper (1).png (680x890, 377K)

Bump

Order lots of stuff at once if you can

you can fulfill any product on aliexpress through oberlo, it just automates the ordering process to only 2 clicks.

Do they have a catalog somewhere? I'm on the site, but I don't really see a full catalog of items.

You need the Oberlo browser plugin. Once you have it, go to Aliexpress, and all the items have the blue oberlo logo button next to them. Click it and it automatically ads the product to your import list. Chose your photos, write a description, modify the price and add tags. After that, hit the import to shop button and you're all set.

Awesome, thanks user

How to build a social media following so I don't have to pay buckets of cash to Instathots

Attached: ad_234085936-e1486481476991.jpg (1985x1420, 250K)

so this is where biz is going huh. right back to where it was before crypto. instead of 100 crypto threads, 100 dropship threads

Chrome extension Insta bots.

If you're smart you're doing both.

The following and commenting thing seems simple enough, but creating posts is the issue.

I Don't feel like I have the free time or ability to go out and create content regularly, especially pertaining to the niche I want to use

Attached: NMLkayi.gif (633x758, 14K)

Pick a niche where you can repost meme content, etc. shit like that then. We make our own content, so to speak, but it can be done with 3rd party content.

chrome extension bots aint working only good for likes