SATOSHIS

Why do people who are long term bullish care about anything else than accumulating satoshis?

Attached: elonmust.png (459x501, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you only trade BTC, you benchmark against fiat. If you trade alts using BTC, you benchmark them against BTC.

Exactly. So why are people so hung up on the day to day dollar price of things like LINK or NANO? Satoshis are all that count.

Most alts have Tether pairs these days, as well as ETH pairs

Which are still calculated off of btc

Op the reason is because these green newfags have no idea.

“ of i waited a week and managed to buy it for 2 bucks each instead of 4 bucks with my btc because i waited!!”

Yet sat value was
Exactly the same. You made
Fuxk all savings

True, but at this point alts behave like derivatives of BTC, which is the 2nd reason to use the BTC comparison for alts over the fiat one.

You're assuming an eternal crypto coupling to BTC as the intercrypto trading currency.
You're assuming wrong.

I have this argument with my mates all the time. It depends whether or not you're trading or trying to make fast money.

The former depends on sats and the latter depends on fiat

Because I don’t believe bitcoin is the future, blockchain is.

As much as I'd like a decoupling to take place, this won't happen in an instant. Lots of new fiat->alt gateways will enter the space this year, but BTC is the only one with some "credibility" (even though it in reality has the least credibility, thinkin about gox etc.)

this guy gets it

Attached: 1500255310763.jpg (600x450, 51K)

The real long term bull trades purely for more alts.

My net worth is 100 percent in alts. Why would I give a fuck about satoshis? I don't hold BTC. If I take profit, the fiat price is all that matters

its the other way around.
alts arent derivatives of btc, but everyone treats them as such

Because they are perma bulls for BTC, and in the past it never went below the 100 or even 200 day moving average. Calling the top for a swing trade was difficult, and so it's just easier to hold BTC permanently, or doing so indirectly by trading versus it.
We will see if this strategy still holds, as we are currently on the 200d ma.
I personally use this strategy only i a bull market, where BTC dominates, and then exit to fiat when the bear arrives. It is fairly stupid to hold BTC from 19k down to 6k. Of course, perma bulls would argue that you can't call top and bottom, which is true for a buy and hold mindset, but not so much for a trader.

Looking back at the charts everyone screams that the 20k btc top was easy to spot.

Yet it dipped (over) three times during the bull run. If you sold the top, you were clearly just lucky. Might've sold anywhere else from 8k and up.

OP, it's because they are long term holders (usually early adopters from pre 2011-ish) who are all about muh Satoshis. I mean, those are the whales who have full belief in Bitcoin to the point it could probably be detrimental to them long term, imo.

Like others have said ITT, I believe in Blockchain but I no longer believe Bitcoin will be around 'forever' as I used to. Don't know, just the way core handled the past two years, the way ETH came onto the scene, and other coins, etc, just leaves me with doubt. That is not even mentioning the BCH thing.

So yeah, it's people who are long term bullish on BTC. Some of them go so far as to say all other coins/tokens are worthless... which is funny.

The only people who argue against it are mouthbreathers who have been bleeding sats daily and would have made more money holding btc in the last 3 months

You are right, that wasn't easy to spot at all. Most people saw 10k as the absolut top.
But with a trading mindset you don't try to call top and bottom, you just adjust stops and trailing stops and reenter if it was just a local low that hit you.
The biggest disadvantage here is that you need to have all your assets on the exchanges, and you kinda rely on Tether...

I've been in crypto since 2015 and have NEVER held BTC in my life.

I don't understand why people even care about satoshis at all. ETH is where it's at.

Yeah I suspect in some years we will look back on bitcoin like we look at the gopher protocol nowadays

>I don't understand why people even care about satoshis at all. ETH is where it's at.

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/
Look at the orange graph, I'm pretty sure you can understand why traders care about it.

Because people are long term bullish on crypto not btc?

Trading in sats is correct assuming btc wil grow forever, if not you end up fucked.

Fag.

Attached: 1512470591518s.jpg (250x196, 9K)