Help with a story I'm writing

So I'm writing a fantasy story where the King (protaganist) is overthrown from his throne by a powerful person who believes the throne is rightfully hers, but the King's personal guard is a mystical being who is basically OP. He can easily destroy an entire army by himself but I need to find a way where he loses his power and can't defend the King and his throne. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried hanging yourself?

Yeah it didn't work

Why would she get the throne if he has an OP, army-destroying bodyguard?

Originally, she WAS the Queen until the protaganist was able to pull support from the commoners and some of the royal army to overthrow her and kill her, but through her magic she was able to be resurrected. A lot of events happened inbetween her death and her resurrection, it was a 2 year gap, and now I don't want the story to have the bodyguard to just rip her apart, i want to make it interesting and have him lose his powers, because to me, if he just kills her, the story is just taking the easy way out and not making much conflict

Girl seduces superman thing and it turns on the King.

Then why not have her return to him and play on his guilt and his former love for her before betraying him, or even convincing him he's not fit to rule.

That way he's not losing his power, just his allegiance.

Convincing him he's not fit to rule would be useless, as he's very hardheaded and closeminded, it's his way or the highway. Telling him hes not fit to rule would just anger him even more. And him loving her is a looong stretch. There was a mutual respect between each other but to go as far as saying they loved each other is too much imo

That way the strength of your Goku character can't even be used.

It's kind of like a life debt, like how in Star Wars with Han Solo and Chewbacca. Him losing allegiance to the King wouldn't happen

What if the king has power over the superman? The superman's powers all stem from the king in some way. Maybe it's not the king himself, but more his position of holding the throne. Regardless, the king is responsible for the superman's powers.

Then say the superman does something that really betrays the king. It can be something petty, or something bad, but the king, in reaction, takes away the superman's powers. Something like, "I can't trust you to act in my name, so I am disavowing you of your powers" or some shit.

So that way, the king himself is to blame when his strongest warrior is not there to protect him from whatever the true badness is.

That's a really good idea! I could definitely see the King going that route in my story

Oh but that does happen. And that would make the betrayal that much more heartbreaking.

Maybe I can have one of the King's closest friends to betray him, but not necessarily the superman

This sounds absolutely terrible. Was going to offer suggestions but this is just so bad. Honestly OP, what were you thinking?

His power is directly related to his virginity. What about casual sex in some austere yet comfortable road motel?
Trust me, I'm a writer.

I write for my own leisure, even if I write like total shit lmao it makes me happy

Cool. I'm glad you like it.

do a play on the arrogance of the strong where your protagonists really fuck up and send your superman into what they believe to be an enemy camp in a ruin, but deep in the basement rocks fall and everyone dies

There's just this mystical being in your world?

King's mystic guard falls in love with usurper or usurper's mystic guard.

The King's Wizard.

Make it so that the mystical being lose its powers if its raped. Then have the mystical being get raped.

Everyone in this world has magic, but not many can channel it

Well, if it were a movie made in Hollywood, the usurper would have a magical gadget that robs the superman's powers and then the protagonist has to get the device back to release the powers and beat the villain. I mean, if you really want to be as generic as possible.

Nah, thats too generic

How's it going AlphaChip

I don't know who that is