Do people with high IQ tend to like fantasy more / have a more fantasy prone personality...

Do people with high IQ tend to like fantasy more / have a more fantasy prone personality? Is their imagination and creativity better or those things are separated from intelligence? Any source on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

gcq.sagepub.com/content/48/2/133.abstract
blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/how-does-iq-relate-to-personality/
knowyourmeme.com/memes/autism
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>hurr do people like some niches because theyre high intellingent individuals

Well, they probaly dont like comics, so there are a chance.

Dreamers are losers. Smart people don't lose.

>Across all groups, those ranking highest in fantasy-prone characteristics also scored highest in measured IQ.
gcq.sagepub.com/content/48/2/133.abstract

This may be relevant. It's done on children though.

Sad thing. It really appears that a high IQ determines a lot of your personality and capacity to enjoy things.

Also found this:

>Consistent with prior research, IQ was most strongly related to openness to experience. Out of 9 dimensions of openness to experience, 8 out of 9 were positively related to IQ: intellectual engagement, intellectual creativity, mental quickness, intellectual competence, introspection, ingenuity, intellectual depth, and imagination.

blogs.scientificamerican.com/beautiful-minds/how-does-iq-relate-to-personality/

Oops, forgot the rest of the quote:

>Interestingly, IQ was much more strongly related to intellectual engagement and mental quickness than imagination, ingenuity, or intellectual depth, and IQ was not related to sensitivity to beauty.

IQ not being related to sensitivity to beauty is really counter-intuitive for me. It makes me feel good. Thanks for sharing.

So one study is contradicting the other. Which one is right?

I'd put more stock into the Kaufman 2013 study (pic related) since the results have actually been reproduced.

I dont know how to interpret this exactly. If i am reading it right, openness doesn't seem that much related to reasoning.

That's precisely what it says.

Wait, so watching anime as a child made me smarter?

Though being a bit more serious, I always thought being more immature (which fantasy consumption seems to be) and not adhering to the "social norm" was a sign of high intelligence.

But not reading the entire thread is a sign of low IQ.

True senpai, I only read the first 5 posts.

>I always thought being more immature and not adhering to the "social norm" was a sign of high intelligence.

pssh, those low IQ normie scum...... they'll never understand me....

high IQ = high ego, it seems

>Not following unreasonable social norms
>High ego

Nice reasoning there.
Got any logic or facts to back it up?
Or are you just going to spew out memes like a retarded 10 year old?

>now it's "unreasonable social norms"
>moving the goalposts

you sounded pretty edgy and rebellious in your original post

>now it's "unreasonable social norms"

What else would it be/As opposed to what?
Reasonable?
Also you are spewing memes again.

As opposed to your initial wording, just "social norms" as shown here You said something, and I responded. Then you changed your wording in an attempt to invalidate what I stated by taking my words out of context

You are abusing your ignorance of implications.
It is implied that unreasonable social norms are to be avoided, since it wouldnt make sense for reasonable ones to be avoided.
It is also implied in my question "As opposed to what (qualifier)", referring back to reasonableness/unreasonableness not initial or any later wording.
How do you even function in the real world when you have such a difficult time comprehending even the simpler of implications like these?
Do you have autism?

You are abusing your ignorance of implications by taking my post seriously. I posted an image of a guy tipping his fedora with memes on said fedora, with the filename "you.png", along with >pssh, those low IQ normie scum...... they'll never understand me...
Clearly I was just poking fun at you because you seemed edgy

How do you even function in the real world when you have such a difficult time comprehending even the simpler of implications like these?
Do you have autism?

Now who is spewing memes?

...still you.
You just made the post you replied to a into meme.

I quote
>Do you have autism?
This is clearly a meme. I am calling him out for spewing memes. I did not spew memes, please outline where I did spew memes and not provide an argument

>I did not spew memes, please outline where I did spew memes

You did keep the format and most of the content of the post you replied to the same while adding a little of your own flavor.
In other words you imitated and almost repeated with slight variation someone elses expression/behavior which what memes are literally about.

all the successful smart people will tell otherwise sucker

You still spewed memes in this post by outright insulting me and my intelligence which i found to be rather hypocritical of you, considering that you were claiming that I were spewing memes in earlier posts, when in fact the 'meme-speech' as you would see it was integral to the arguments in those posts

Do point out examples of where asking someone if they legitimately have autism is a meme.
I searched google and found nothing.
Not one image of it.
Zilch.

>insulting me and my intelligence
Also untwist your panties.

I definitely see that there seems to be some kind of correlation in all the years I've been doing RP and such, but you also get some real fucking idiots too

I took the meaing of 'meme' to be synonymous with 'shitposting' i.e. irrelevant content

>Also untwist your panties
>implying my panties are twisted
I was trying to call you out for ignoring my claim that you are guilty of meme spewing/shitposting, which you continue to do so, and calling my posts memes since they resemble a similar format to your own. They were not irrelevant, they were integral to my arguments.

Well I take the meaning of 'meme' to mean what its defined as and used globally and not in some idiosyncratic fashion, which by the way, autistic people are prone to do.
According to the definition that society uses I have not committed a single meme to speak of.
Also again you are spewing memes, specifically the greentext one with the implications.

I have not stated any actual memes by your definition. You could consider the fedora post to be meme posting, yet it was relevant to getting my point across.

>not in some idiosyncratic fashion, which by the way, autistic people are prone to do
I do not have autism. This is a shitpost, and can be considered a meme in the context of Veeky Forums, where blatant shitposts are often met with a barrage of posts consisting of "nice meme"
Greentexting is not a meme, it's a way of communicating on this website.

>I have not stated any actual memes by your definition.

Actually you have.

>yet it was relevant to getting my point across.

Whether its relevant to getting your point across or not, is irrelevant to the criterion of whether something is a meme or not.

>Greentexting is not a meme,

Greentexting about implications is a meme, google it, you utter autist.

You can't show where i meme'd because there are no such occurances. If there were you wouldn't have dodged my argument here If it's relevant then it's not a meme, it's a relevant point that you are wrongly labeling as a meme. Again, this ties back to your hypocrisy of claiming that i am too ignorant to notice implications.
>google it, you utter autist.
nice meme

>If it's relevant then it's not a meme

Wrong.

>nice meme

Now you are using your autistic, idiosyncratic version of what memes mean.

> If there were you wouldn't have dodged my argument here...

That post is actually my argument.

Damn you are really falling apart as we speak, arent you...

Show where I have meme'd, I challenged you to do it yet again, and you still didn't.

Posts on Veeky Forums mock shitposts to be mere memes, seen as a lower form of posting since they hold no originality, just like your posts. Lurk more.

>you are really falling apart as we speak, arent you...
Irrelevant, I could say the same thing and it would hold just as much validity

Autism is actually a meme, google it:

"On the internet, “autism” has gained usage as a label and insult used in generalization, aimed at mocking people by claiming they suffer from a mental disease or social disorder. Common targets for these claims commonly involve specific online communities or fandoms. (See also: Cancer & The -fag Suffix)"

Source: knowyourmeme.com/memes/autism

op's actual fb profile picture.

You cant even link to the proper post that you are replying to.
As i have correctly noticed you have fallen apart completely, as in mentally(For your implication challenged mind which is totally 'not autistic').
Pull yourself together man.
And untwist those panties.
So what if you have autism, its not the end of the world for you.

>You cant even link to the proper post that you are replying to.
>As i have correctly noticed you have fallen apart completely, as in mentally(For your implication challenged mind which is totally 'not autistic').
>Pull yourself together man.
>And untwist those panties.
>So what if you have autism, its not the end of the world for you.

And so we have reached the stage where nothing you say is relevant to the discussion at hand, and you do not attempt to dispute what I have previously stated.

a.k.a. BTFO. Good day.

Haha yes, you totally have blown me the fuck out with your incoherent autism.

i think imagination and creativity are two different things. Imagination is related to intelligence, creativity is related to emotional depth.

This is what I think, as a person who's participated in a large group that has come together to play these kinds of games for many years:

Those that are able to enjoy pretend stories are certainly imaginative. Those that take the events of the story very seriously and understand what's being said may be intelligent. Those that readily take action and suggest actions are probably creative.

This is just what I think. Hi IQ people seem to spend more time trying to understand the writing of others than they do trying to understand other people personally. Again, I remind you that this is just what I think.

Most high IQ people i know are quite down to earth and not very imaginative. But i really don't know OP.

no. the studies were about creativity, not consumption.

but you obv wouldn't figure that out, as a dumb anime lover

>smart people do X

no