>borges
>calvino
>márquez
>pynchon
>cortázar
>murakami
>sf/f
OK KID

Borges can definitely qualify as SF in many of his stories. I haven't read the others

Dude ghosts lmao

To be fair all of those writers deviate so far from the SF/F norm that it would almost be misleading to classify them that way. I feel like "magical realism" is a less pretentious way to say abstract/experimental literary fiction. Tho it is true many of those writers could be correctly classified under science fiction or fantasy if we disregarded their relation to the existing works of the genres and based it only on the genre description and maybe SF/F would be better off if its regulars were exposed to these better examples of it.

threatened r u

Ya know I don't even want this genre anymore, I just wanna get to the beach.

Who is the GenericWhiteMale of authors?

Some keywords to help
>Homebaked
>Beach
>Feigned disbelief

I always thought it was just another names for a fabulist approach. Reads kinda like a dreamscape.

GRRM

dont judge them. they lives are as absurd as their 'art'.

B-but Calvino is g-great!

latin americans BTFO

Jorge Luis shits on Italo, sorry

True in general. But I LOVED Cosmicomics.

yeah fuck off user
one hundred years of solitude is one of the best books ever written

Objectively false
>muh Remedios

HERMANN HESSE
READ STEPPENWOLF

nah he's right, they're good sci-fi/fantasy,

ie the dorks who read WH40k or Brandon Sanderson wouldn't read it

>being an anglo
i am sorry

Magical realism borders surrealism, that's why it is better.
Russian literature has a lot of this staff since Harms and till modern times. See "Moscow to the End of the Line", for example.

Just call it speculative fiction.

But then there'll be no magic!

My ex used to describe everything as 'magical' when she was at loss for words. Magical sunset, magical weather, magical song, magical souffle, magical movie, magical candy, magical anal sex, magical life, magical electricity bills, magical breakup, magical AIDS.

Needless to say i've developed a hatred for the word and yet i fucking miss her. Fuck Saturday nights and magical realism.

What a useless-sounding cunt.

You sound bitter.

Calvino literally wrote like 50 scifi stories.

>You know what I don't want these cookies anymore, I just wanna go to the beach...
>*teleports out of the room*

What are these beach references about?

What? No way!

youtube.com/watch?v=4cEGg48lXbc

>ie the dorks who read WH40k or Brandon Sanderson wouldn't read it
I read 40k.

I guess you do too, or you wouldn't mention it.

What is Veeky Forums's enthusiasm for the show to Catch a Predator? Trump supporters also seem to gravitate towards it for some reason. Somehow Veeky Forums, Donald Trump, and to Catch a Predator all seem to go together.

It's a meme show on /tv/