I'm a rich guy. My genes are pretty decent, average joe really. My wife is a looker but her side of the family is short

I'm a rich guy. My genes are pretty decent, average joe really. My wife is a looker but her side of the family is short.

I'd like a son, and I'd like him to be tall enough to be a competitive basketball player and to get the ladies. Is there any way I can pick and choose a sperm/egg combination that will guarantee these criteria? Is it legal in the US? I have the money, and the wife is on board.

Between me and my wife is only about 11 feet. I'd love for my son to be at least 6'. I always loved basketball but I was never good enough to overcome being sub 6'.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KA2ziAAXoqE?t=70
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck you. If you kid wants to play Basketball he will, if not tough shit

No, there's no way you'll be able to screen sperm and eggs for height. Your best bet is illegal growth hormone injections.

>there's no way you'll be able to screen sperm and eggs for height
You can't read an egg's genome? Is there any timeframe on this technology?

No

To clarify you can't read an egg's genome without damaging it, or you can't read it at all?

I sometimes go to a very exclusive country club because a family member takes me.

Every time I go I'm always the tallest and manliest man. Why? Because these rich idiots are many generations deep of marrying thin, tiny model girl friends. All of their children are weak, small and effeminate and have the same thin, weak "model" girlfriend types.

You're making the same mistake, Op.

You can't just read a single cell's genome. And if you could it would involve destroying the cell.

No, you read your wife's genome and yours. Sounds like your wife is inferior. No amount of egg selection is going to change her.

If we mix and match a number random egg/sperm combos and start the embryos in petri dishes, why can't I simply extract a cell from each embryo and read the genes to select for the most desirable alleles?

You can't just sequence a single cell's genome.

Stop trying to play God OP. Just be lucky you aren't this guy

youtu.be/KA2ziAAXoqE?t=70

you act like brothers and sisters are DRAMATICALLY different.

Maybe your mom just fucked the milk man. and the mail man. and the paper boy.

>wanting a kid just so you can try to live through them
Don't have kids

CRISPR is coming

Yeah, maybe he can CRISPR up a quantum computer singularity buzzword baby.

Amanda? Come on man, that's probably not even her real name.

You can do ivf, grow the eggs till they have 8 cells, pull one cell and sequence its dna. Repeat till your satisfied.

I don't know if the genes for height are fully understood but everything else is there if you got the money.

You can't sequence a single cell's DNA. You need several cells.

I'm pretty sure current techniques destroy the embryo, so all you'd do is learn about what could have been.

Also good luck finding a consumer institution that will provide this service for you.

LOL. You will never work with cell numbers in single digits.

Shut up cat fucker.

All you have to do is have a bunch of kids and cull the short ones.

eugenics anyone?

I am more concerned that you will find a way to have a tall child and shove your shitty expectations down their throat. You should not have any children with your attitude.